[ROM] DeVillain 1.0 | Froyo (2.2) & Sense UI Blended To Perfection | TeamVillain

Search This thread

jeremy89632

Jun 8, 2008
Singapore
www.jeremygohblog.com
Created by Nathan (@nprussel) / On behalf of TeamVillain

Visit us at http://desire.villainrom.co.uk

From the creators of VillainROM / SuperHero / SlideVillain / VanillainROM / HebVillain on HTC Hero (on VillainROM), which has bought in thousands of visits and downloads, we are embarking on our new HTC Desire project.
Our long experience in ROMs making allow us to stay strong and afloat with what's happening in the Android world. Together with large abundance of efficient mirrors and servers linked up together from almost all 5 continents throughout the world and together with advance MD5 file checking on all mirrors, the availability of the ROM should be at it's optimum. Join us and improve the ROM for everyone by taking part of the discussion at VillainROM.

Fellow Desire owners,

First of all, allow me to apologise for the lengthy delay in releasing my Desire ROMs. I'm not going to lie to you, I'll simply tell you how it is. When VillainROM started at the beginning of this year, its aim was to be the most complete 2.1 Hero Sense UI ROM (way before HTC released it) before HTC. We achieved that mission. From getting my Desire (where we all already had a working Sense UI 2.1 out of the box), my goal changed to building a fully functional HTC Sense UI enabled 2.2 (Froyo) ROM before HTC. Luckily though, HTC have taken us most of the way there, with this test build... the changes I've had to make are minimalist and simply finish what they started. Well done HTC.

If you're anything at all like me, you've been reluctant to try Froyo, as you didn't want to miss out on all of the HTC apps. Well, you no longer have to wait. Froyo + HTC Sense UI = Win.

So, to the ROM:

- Rooted, SENSE UI enabled Android 2.2 (FROYO) ROM
- Flash 10.1 in Browser (download from market)
- All Apps in the market (Using 2.1 fingerprint for now, as HTC's 2.2 lost all protected apps)
- Camera, video camera etc working
- All Hardware working
- FAST (JIT enabled by default, which is a feature of FROYO)
- APPS2SD (Native to Froyo - Use the app called 'SetInstallLocation' which is pre-installed)
- All Live Wallpapers working

I don't know what else to tell you...

Known Bugs:

None so far... please report back!

Screenshots aren't needed. We all know what Sense UI looks like, and you'll soon learn why Froyo is so much better than Eclair.

Enjoy the ROM. Please leave feedback! :)

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

DOWNLOAD ME!
MD5 for this ROM : 902f20b0cd84b976a07f9bed99f66a59 (DeVillain.zip)

// If you have any problems with this ROM, please file a bug report in our forums, and highlight to us the problem, so we can get back to you!
File a bug report

// Want to discuss and take part in conversations?
Visit our Discussion Forum for this ROM.

If anyone's interested - I put together a pack of a few stunning wallpapers. Here's the link:

www.villainrom.co.uk/uploads/WallpaperPack.zip

PS - Badgers.

Last edited:

tasoili

Aug 29, 2008
Thank you for this,

I have a question: should we also update the radio to 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04 ?

Ronaldo_9

May 7, 2010
London
so what does this rom offer that the other 2.2 with sense does not?
cheers

also how much space you get after fresh install?

khoaitaychienvn

Jan 16, 2007
www.daituong.com
woah sounds cool is this full 720p recording? whats quadrant score?;)

4792295148_c66699eb65_b.jpg

Last edited:

Balistyx

May 29, 2010
Does anyone know whether the old A2SD+ mod posted by pmneo for the DJ Droid ROM will work with this DeVillain ROM?

MasDroid

Sep 19, 2009
Was thinking the same as only around 74 MB internal is left after a fresh install as suggested above.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App