[ROM] Dhollmen 6.0.1 - Slim Based

Search This thread

juansan10

Dec 28, 2016
Hi everybody,
I have a P5100 and the slim6 Dhollmen OV installed. I spent a lot of time to find good voltage values and I check it with benchmark tools and my son has played some games without any problems.

But now I'm using my old friend only to watch videos (prime video) on an elliptical trainer and sometimes the tablet doesn't respond anymore. The video is runing but I can't pause the video or change the volume or use the navigations bar. The tablet doesn't repond so that I must restart the tablet completely.

So my question is, are you have some working frequency voltages for the tablet so that I can compare it with my voltages, please?

Thanks for your replies!!!

Update: I've found the problem it was a not optimal voltage value of ~900MHz. After increasing a little bit it's stable again...
Hello,

I have installed this rom because I think it is the one that works best for my Tab 2 P5110 espressowifi, could you explain how you do to modify the 900MHz voltage and with what application is it done?

It also happens to me that the tablet hangs while I watch videos or my son plays different games and there is no choice but to restart the tablet.
I have installed the Kernel Adiutor apk and from there it lets you modify different parameters including voltage, CPU ...

Do you have to do it like this and modify those parameters?

A greeting and thank you very much for your help

Typhoon_Master

Jun 5, 2014
Hi, I flashed this rom + gapps and on the welcome-screen I have to login to wifi, i can't skip that.
The Problem however is, that the keyboard does not open.

Anyone with the same problem?

D

Deleted member 11418521

Hi, I flashed this rom + gapps and on the welcome-screen I have to login to wifi, i can't skip that.
The Problem however is, that the keyboard does not open.

Anyone with the same problem?
Never faced a problem like this in this ROM. Did you download the latest version?
Also a thing to note, this ROM here is comparatively better. It is an android 6 ROM.
Another note : If you want the best performance from Tab 2, better don't install Gapps. They make the ROMs slow as hell, let it be any ROM.

Reactions: Typhoon_Master

Typhoon_Master

Jun 5, 2014
The keyboard did not work propperly even without gapps. Strangely this was not a problem before i flashed everything new.
Also a thing to note, this ROM here is comparatively better. It is an android 6 ROM.
Performance wise? Or why?

Another note : If you want the best performance from Tab 2, better don't install Gapps. They make the ROMs slow as hell, let it be any ROM.
Thanks, yes I know. But I am selling it, and the customer expects Play Store.

D

Deleted member 11418521

Reactions: Typhoon_Master

Vejas88

Dec 25, 2021
I don't like this ROM. Installed on P5100.
a) it is sluggish;
b) despite aida64 shows magnetometer/compass sensor, it shows wrong numbers. And it is not working with programs.

AOSP 6.0 is way better. Not sluggish, compass is working correctly.

Never faced a problem like this in this ROM. Did you download the latest version?
Wasnt the case for me with RR was kinda laggy even without gapps. Running Orion OS imo the best marshmellow rom. Sadly cant install any kernels because it uses UBERTC (i think you cant)

I don't like this ROM. Installed on P5100.
a) it is sluggish;
b) despite aida64 shows magnetometer/compass sensor, it shows wrong numbers. And it is not working with programs.

AOSP 6.0 is way better. Not sluggish, compass is working correctly.
Try Orion OS. Dont know about the compass but its the fastest rom i have tried without gapps

SanyoL

Oct 31, 2009
Hello everyone! I enjoy this ROM very much, combined with the Dhollmen Kernel which allows overclock to above 1500MHz. But I have the following problem, when I press the square button to choose from the recently launched applications: "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped." Could it be fixed somehow?

gonsales76

Sep 5, 2012
Hello everyone! I enjoy this ROM very much, combined with the Dhollmen Kernel which allows overclock to above 1500MHz. But I have the following problem, when I press the square button to choose from the recently launched applications: "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped." Could it be fixed somehow?
I've got the same problem..... Any solution???
Thanks!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Initiated as a personal work for my own use I have compiled from scratch this Rom based on
    and derived from SLIMRoms including some LineageOS mods.
    Finally, I've decided to share it in case someone might be interested.

Credits to the magnificent team of SlimRoms.

Product Highlights:

• Android 6.0.1
    • Security updates to March 2019
    • New Kernel Dhollmen integrated, without OC for now ;)
    • Rooted
    • Many changes over Slim's base:
    • Pixel Launcher
    • Chromium web browser
    • Amaze file manager
    • NewPipe YouTube player (without GPlay services)
    • Sound recorder
    • Google wallpaper application
    • Old CyanogenMod's calculator
    • Navigation bar button's icon
    • More ...

Available downloads:

• Tab2 10.1 & 7.0 inches espresso 3G version for tablets with SIM card
    • Tab2 10.1 & 7.0 inches espresso Wi-Fi version for tablets without SIM card
    • Gapps to install along with the Rom (first time Rom is installed)
    • Gapps to install after rom is initialized (NoInit variant) without wipe data/factory reset.
    • Uninstallation for both Gapps variants (install with recovery and restart)
    • TWRP recovery (from Andi)
      It includes a slightly modified theme and a more correct spanish translation.

Click here to Download Page

Installation:

• Ensure you have installed an adecuated recovery.
    • Download the .zip file for your model.
    • Download the Google Apps (optional).
    • Reboot into recovery mode.
    • Imperative to do "wipe data/factory reset" (first time only)
    • Install the Rom zip file.
    • Install the Gapps .zip file (optional)

Updates:

• Download the last .zip file available.
    • Reboot into recovery mode.
    • Install the .zip file without doing any wipes.

WARRANTY: You agree that this product is provided "as is" without any warranty, either expressed or implied, on its operation.
    DISCLAIMER: You assumes at your SOLE RESPONSIBILITY and RISK all results produced by the "software" and/or instructions in this thread.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Dhollmen- 6.0.1 , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Contributors
    tuxafgmur
    Source Code: https://github.com/Dhollmen?tab=repositories

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: Slim Roms 6

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 6.0.1-20190331
    Stable Release Date: 2019-03-31

Created 2019-04-01
    Last Updated 2019-04-08
    Nice.
    I would like to see OC kernel here, someday :)

I'm working in OC now
    It will be available very soon. :)
    It is coming:"Adding OMAP4430_CPU and GPU overclick support.
    Waiting!

Impatient ;)

Please, see here :cowboy:
    Here, there are some images.

NOTE: This screenshots have been made with a density of 140 points (as I use the tablet) instead of the usual 160 points.

Sc01.jpg

Sc02.jpg

Sc03.jpg

Sc04.jpg

Sc05.jpg

Sc06.jpg

Sc07.jpg

Sc08.jpg

Sc09.jpg

Sc10.jpg

Sc11.jpg
    Dear tuxafgmur, we have been waiting for you and your special work for long time!
    Thanks a lot for coming back to this forum and for sharing your updated galaxy tab2 rom development! This forum needs you and your work!

I am personally using in both my tablets, P5110 and P3110, your kernel until today (links here https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-2/galaxy-tab-2-unified and here https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2176563) : it makes a device originaly restricted to 01GHZ to be able to run properly updated software nowadays at 1.52GHZ stable! Thats amazing! Even with battery savings if properly setup is done!
    Please let me know if you need specific testing of overcloked kernels with this new slim based rom! As I wrote, updated software today needs overclock with this device to run properly: that is my opinion!
    PS: is it possible to use this old kernel from your previous work with this new rom ?

Pleased to have your help. I hope it will be necessary very soon.

I don't now if the old kernel works well here, however, the new one will be available in a few days.