[ROM][diOS][N] Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 LTE SM-T285 (gtexslte)

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
Thank you for the build! Smooth as butter.
But are there known issues of bluetooth share apps keeps stopping among other users? I had a bit of an issue with the bluetooth on my device, is there any fix or work around i can try?
Thanks in advance
Fix is coming soon..

Sent from my OnePlus 7T Pro using XDA Labs

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
Announcement

I will likely completely discontinue LineageOS builds.
The reason is that I really do not like Google spyware and so already switched over for all my other devices to /e/ OS instead.
/e/ OS is based on LOS but all google spyware has been removed + it contains microG out-of-the-box which helps in running services and apps which require google APIs.

That means:
  1. likely no newer LOS builds
  2. The base of discovery OS (diOS) will be moved to /e/ instead of LOS

pure /e/ OS build has been released already here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga.../rom-e-os-samsung-galaxy-tab-7-0-lte-t4191783
that build contains a fix for the bluetooth issue we have in the latest LOS build.

a new discoveryOS release will happen soon which then will be based on eOS instead of LOS.

.-

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
New build arrived for discoveryOS (diOS) 2.0 - the first time based on /e/ OS

Changelog

Release date: 2020-11-19
Download: see OP
WARNING: Due to the fact of all the listed major changes a full clean flash is required! (i.e. factory reset, wipe system!!!, cache and dalvik cache)

• As you might noticed I have completely re-worked the OP (and title) to reflect better what diOS is. Take a minute and review it to find out if that ROM is for you or not.

• This one is really a major upgrade: diOS 14.1 was based on LOS 14.1 and this new diOS 2.0 build is based on /e/ OS instead. Read the OP for all the details! This changes everything you might expect from a standard Android custom ROM as no gApps are needed (and possible!!) anymore.

• Changed version numbering. When based on LOS 14.1 it was just that: 14.1 but now as diOS is grown up and also using a different base I decided to start from the beginning. Why 2.0 and not 1.0? I feel the previous LOS based variant as a 1.0 and so as a logical consequence we go with 2.0 with this major upgrade.

• Introducing OTA update support. From next build on it will be possible to use the internal Updater in the Android settings menu for a convenient update experience.

• Bluetooth fixed (that is why I needed to go to selinux=permissive from now on - I might not go back to enforcing as for the diOS usecase it does not matter that much - imho)

• Platform Security Patch: 2020-09-05 (yea I know that /e/ is late on that one)

• /e/ base: gitlab
  • Device tree: github
  • Kernel: github
  • Vendor: diOS

Known issues:
The new included Automate app is missing the navigation flow to be fully operational (will be fixed in the future).
The flow can be downloaded here: Kioskmode Flow (once started it re-opens a Navigation app when closed/pushed to background)
Download the flow to the device and open it in the file explorer. You get prompted to import the flow. Click start and the flow will enable a light version of a kiosk mode for the app "MagicEarth/Maps". If you want to use any other navigation app just edit the flow accordingly.

Note:
Telegram groups:

.-

Last edited:
Reactions: barani kumar

Ebring

Nov 3, 2020
good evening your ROM is not functional at startup aurora store stops and it is impossible to install applications because package installer stops in this case I followed the recommended clean installation steps

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
good evening your ROM is not functional at startup aurora store stops and it is impossible to install applications because package installer stops in this case I followed the recommended clean installation steps
Well it works perfectly fine here. If it does not for you share logs: http://bit.do/logcat . Also make a screenshot of the full " about" menu in settings (where you see build number )

Sent from my OnePlus 7T Pro using XDA Labs

Last edited:

Solo_mag

Dec 2, 2020
Exactly the same problem on diOS based on / e /. Even during the first launch of the system, Aurora takes off. F-Droid cannot install any program. The browser works fine, downloads everything, but when you try to install apk (after downloading the installer, and clicking the "install" button), an error occurs that "the package installation service has been stopped. Otherwise, the firmware seems to work fine, although it looks very Specific. Will there be support for themes for the system? Or support for substratum? Unfortunately, I cannot send the log, because I had to rollback to LOS. write that everything "works great?" Perhaps I need another recovery for the firmware? I used TWRP. Thanks in advance, and thanks for the hard work on developing the firmware.

Transleted by Google. Special thanks from Russian-language users from 4pda

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
Exactly the same problem on diOS based on / e /. Even during the first launch of the system, Aurora takes off. F-Droid cannot install any program. The browser works fine, downloads everything, but when you try to install apk (after downloading the installer, and clicking the "install" button), an error occurs that "the package installation service has been stopped. Otherwise, the firmware seems to work fine, although it looks very Specific. Will there be support for themes for the system? Or support for substratum? Unfortunately, I cannot send the log, because I had to rollback to LOS. write that everything "works great?" Perhaps I need another recovery for the firmware? I used TWRP. Thanks in advance, and thanks for the hard work on developing the firmware.

Transleted by Google. Special thanks from Russian-language users from 4pda
well without a log how should I fix? Here it works so I cannot do magic sorry.
As a first step make a screenshot of the full " about" menu in settings (where you see build number ) and share it. Maybe you are on a wrong STOCK firmware.

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
What happen when int stograde only 4.8GB???
View attachment 5152823
whats your issue here?
the device has only 8 GB internal flash. to be exact: 7.281 GB, which is 7456 MB

Here an output of the current partition table including their sizes (Megabytes are rounded)
Code:
for p in $(adb shell find "/dev/block/mmcblk0p*");do _pB=$(adb shell blockdev --getsize64 $p); _pM=$(($_pB / 1024 / 1024));_pG=$(($_pB / 1024 / 1024 / 1024))  ; echo -e "${p}\tMegabytes:\t${_pM}\t(Bytes: ${_pB})"; TOTAL=$((TOTAL+${_pM})); done; echo -e "\nTOTAL:\t\t\t\t\t$TOTAL MB"

/dev/block/mmcblk0p1    Megabytes:    2    (Bytes: 2097152)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p10    Megabytes:    4    (Bytes: 4194304)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p11    Megabytes:    1    (Bytes: 1048576)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p12    Megabytes:    1    (Bytes: 1048576)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p13    Megabytes:    1    (Bytes: 1048576)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p14    Megabytes:    1    (Bytes: 1048576)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p15    Megabytes:    1    (Bytes: 1048576)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p16    Megabytes:    2    (Bytes: 2097152)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p17    Megabytes:    20    (Bytes: 20971520)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p18    Megabytes:    5    (Bytes: 5242880)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p19    Megabytes:    6    (Bytes: 6291456)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2    Megabytes:    2    (Bytes: 2097152)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p20    Megabytes:    16    (Bytes: 16777216)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p21    Megabytes:    16    (Bytes: 16777216)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p22    Megabytes:    1    (Bytes: 1048576)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p23    Megabytes:    9    (Bytes: 9437184)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p24    Megabytes:    200    (Bytes: 209715200)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p25    Megabytes:    2048    (Bytes: 2147483648)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p26    Megabytes:    40    (Bytes: 41943040)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p27    Megabytes:    5036    (Bytes: 5280628736)  <====== this is what you see in your file browser!
/dev/block/mmcblk0p3    Megabytes:    1    (Bytes: 1048576)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p4    Megabytes:    1    (Bytes: 1048576)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p5    Megabytes:    1    (Bytes: 1048576)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p6    Megabytes:    1    (Bytes: 1048576)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p7    Megabytes:    4    (Bytes: 4194304)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p8    Megabytes:    16    (Bytes: 16777216)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p9    Megabytes:    4    (Bytes: 4194304)

TOTAL:                    7440 MB
As you can see a total of 7440 MB (rounded! that's why it differs by 16 MB from reality)

the internal storage (what your file browser is saying) is "/dev/block/mmcblk0p27" which is 5036 MB (Bytes: 5280628736) - which is exactly like that: 4.9 GB -> plus formatting a partition always eats up some disk space so 4.8 GB sounds perfectly fine.

The whole storage device:

Code:
/dev/block/mmcblk0    Megabytes:    7456    (Bytes: 7818182656)

So... ??

Reactions: binhdt

hotmatua.parulian

Jan 7, 2013
New build arrived for discoveryOS (diOS) 2.0 - the first time based on /e/ OS

Changelog

Release date: 2020-11-19
Download: see OP
WARNING: Due to the fact of all the listed major changes a full clean flash is required! (i.e. factory reset, wipe system!!!, cache and dalvik cache)

• As you might noticed I have completely re-worked the OP (and title) to reflect better what diOS is. Take a minute and review it to find out if that ROM is for you or not.

• This one is really a major upgrade: diOS 14.1 was based on LOS 14.1 and this new diOS 2.0 build is based on /e/ OS instead. Read the OP for all the details! This changes everything you might expect from a standard Android custom ROM as no gApps are needed (and possible!!) anymore.

• Changed version numbering. When based on LOS 14.1 it was just that: 14.1 but now as diOS is grown up and also using a different base I decided to start from the beginning. Why 2.0 and not 1.0? I feel the previous LOS based variant as a 1.0 and so as a logical consequence we go with 2.0 with this major upgrade.

• Introducing OTA update support. From next build on it will be possible to use the internal Updater in the Android settings menu for a convenient update experience.

• Bluetooth fixed (that is why I needed to go to selinux=permissive from now on - I might not go back to enforcing as for the diOS usecase it does not matter that much - imho)

• Platform Security Patch: 2020-09-05 (yea I know that /e/ is late on that one)

• /e/ base: gitlab
  • Device tree: github
  • Kernel: github
  • Vendor: diOS

Known issues:
The new included Automate app is missing the navigation flow to be fully operational (will be fixed in the future).
The flow can be downloaded here: Kioskmode Flow (once started it re-opens a Navigation app when closed/pushed to background)
Download the flow to the device and open it in the file explorer. You get prompted to import the flow. Click start and the flow will enable a light version of a kiosk mode for the app "MagicEarth/Maps". If you want to use any other navigation app just edit the flow accordingly.

Note:
Telegram groups:

.-
Apology, where can i download to try the 19-Nov-20 release? I checked your downloa site and found discoveryos and eos directory but there is no 19-Nov release, only 18-Nov release... thank you

zanky

Aug 24, 2011
I’m a bit confused about the old lineageos and new /e/ based builds. On the first page of this post is the Rom the lineageos is build or the new e based Rom? I prefer the lineageos build (understand it’s outdated probably and some things may not work), since I want to be able to use google apps and play store and it seems on the news e builds you can’t use those.
maybe someone has a link to the latest lineage of build that works best on the t285