[ROM] Dirty Unicorns 6.0.1 {Hammerhead} (09/09/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeDesireS

Aug 30, 2011
Trier
I was using DU on my yuga for ages! Great to see DU Lollipop now here for my new hammerhead!

I am really impressed by Cataclysm, but I can`t resist to try this new masterpiece from the great DU guys!

vtroid5

Aug 11, 2010
Sorry for newbie question...

If I'm coming from an older DU (I'm still on version 8.0 for Android 4.4.4 because hey it worked well and I'm lazy),

Can I wipe and then flash this right over the top or do I need to take an OTA and then flash? Just wanted to be sure. Thanks, and thank you for all the great work!

NYCHitman1

Recognized Developer
Apr 9, 2010
New York
Sorry for newbie question...

If I'm coming from an older DU (I'm still on version 8.0 for Android 4.4.4 because hey it worked well and I'm lazy),

Can I wipe and then flash this right over the top or do I need to take an OTA and then flash? Just wanted to be sure. Thanks, and thank you for all the great work!
Clean flash, bud.

Reactions: vtroid5

NYCHitman1

Recognized Developer
Apr 9, 2010
New York
What do you think I'm talking about?? The only three buttons that matter: View attachment 3123251

They were missing when I full wiped and flashed. Tried rebooting, no luck. Tried re-wiping and flashing, same thing. Checked md5 from within the device too.
Yeah, certainly sounds like a bad DL. Granted, a bad DL would've resulted in a failed flash.

Are you using any mods or anything of that sort?

BeDesireS

Aug 30, 2011
Trier
Using the rom for some hours now and I can tell that everything works fine.
Rom is smooth like hell! Great work guys! I am really excited for future updates!

Only the battery drains fast at the moment, but I think the rom will improve after some charging cycles. Using it with code_blue at the moment.

The only strange thing is that there is no nfc toggle at the quick settings.
Can someone confirm this!?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

NYCHitman1

Recognized Developer
Apr 9, 2010
New York
Using the rom for some hours now and I can tell that everything works fine.
Rom is smooth like hell! Great work guys! I am really excited for future updates!

Only the battery drains fast at the moment, but I think the rom will improve after some charging cycles. Using it with code_blue at the moment.

The only strange thing is that there is no nfc toggle at the quick settings.
Can someone confirm this!?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk
Just an FYI - you lose support from me (or any other DU team member) when moving away from our default settings. Your kernel issues (or anything battery related) will need to be directed at Eng_stk's thread for help from him.

As for the NFC toggle, it hasn't been added yet. Whatever is there (in the add/remove section) currently is all we have for the time being.

Reactions: BeDesireS

wingman358

Jul 5, 2010
Yeah, certainly sounds like a bad DL. Granted, a bad DL would've resulted in a failed flash.

Are you using any mods or anything of that sort?
No mods, nothing extra.

Coming from stock 5.0.1.

Full wipe, adb push the zips, adb shell md5sum, then flashed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

@ditya

Feb 18, 2013
Pune
Internal files not Visible.

I was using DU 8.2...Lates TWRP recovery
I downloaded DU 9..the GAPPS...
Booted into recovery as always took a Backup.
wiped system/data/cache
installed the ROM and Gapps.. Now there are no files in Internal storage & unable to install apks..:crying::crying:
But when I connect phone to PC, it shows 16 gb full....

Any solution???:rolleyes::(
Can I get my data back???
I know I did some mistake not taking a internal storage backup & not Wiping it while ROM installation...

NYCHitman1

Recognized Developer
Apr 9, 2010
New York
No mods, nothing extra.

Coming from stock 5.0.1.

Full wipe, adb push the zips, adb shell md5sum, then flashed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
I just wiped and reflashed to see if there was something weird going on, but everything appears normal on my end. Can you re-download, wipe, and flash again to see if that helps?

I was using DU 8.2...Lates TWRP recovery
I downloaded DU 9..the GAPPS...
Booted into recovery as always took a Backup.
wiped system/data/cache
installed the ROM and Gapps.. Now there are no files in Internal storage & unable to install apks..:crying::crying:
But when I connect phone to PC, it shows 16 gb full....

Any solution???:rolleyes::(
Can I get my data back???
I know I did some mistake not taking a internal storage backup & not Wiping it while ROM installation...
Reboot into recovery and see if your files are visible in the file manager. If so, could've been a wonky installation, which I would just recommend re-downloading, wiping, and reflashing.

Last edited:

Carbajal3009

Jan 8, 2012
Westminster
files are not visible in Recovery also:(
Might have wiped internal storage on accident? Or you have for some weird reason the "sd card bug" that was floating around when we first got LP? If you do a quick search in the Nexus 5 community here of "SD bug" you'll find what im talking about. Hope you get it fixed though ??

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

files are not visible in Recovery also:(
Here we are, read the 1st post, hopefully it helps

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2938749

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mrro82

Feb 17, 2011
Cordova
I'm not able to receive MMS through messenger. My APN is the same as other ROMs. Any thoughts?

Update: built in messaging app works though.

Last edited:

gpvecchi

Oct 20, 2012
44°43'25.35"N 10°23'55.72"E
New to this ROM, I think it's amazing! Now, it bootloops with some of my mods, I'd need a little help, please...
Is kernel AOSP or CAF? I assume this bootloops, or the stereo mod that modifies mixers_path.xml: is this CM based? Thanks!

NYCHitman1

Recognized Developer
Apr 9, 2010
New York
New to this ROM, I think it's amazing! Now, it bootloops with some of my mods, I'd need a little help, please...
Is kernel AOSP or CAF? I assume this bootloops, or the stereo mod that modifies mixers_path.xml: is this CM based? Thanks!
AOSP all the way.

I'm not able to receive MMS through messenger. My APN is the same as other ROMs. Any thoughts?

Update: built in messaging app works though.
Can you grab a logcat of when you try to send MMS through Google Messenger and post it here (upload the text to a site like Pastebin or Hastebin)?

Reactions: gpvecchi
Status
Not open for further replies.