[ROM] Dirty Unicorns [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

4j17h

Jun 16, 2014

Code:
[B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/CENTER][/B]
Dirty Unicorns

About us:
An AOSP based project built to enhance the stock Android experience

Source code:

Downloads:
Download ROM (NON-GApps) [26.04.2020]

Other Downloads:
TWRP
OrangeFox Recovery
VoLTE Fix
NikGApps (Basic Recommended)
Pie Firmware & Vendor(Thanks to J)

Credit/Thanks:

We would like to give thanks to everyone that contributes to the Android community, big or small because every bit counts. Although we can't list each and every contributor within the Android community, we would like to highlight some of the teams and individuals that have made it possible NOT only with just this version of DU but throughout the years because we don't ever want to forget where we came from nor those that have helped us!

That said, on behalf of the DU team we say THANKS to....

JMZ Software
Baby Jesus
Code Aurora Forum
Omni ROM
Android Open Kang Project (AOKP)
Android Ice Cold Project (AICP)
XDA-Developers
SlimROMs
Preludedrew
Max Weninger
Team Black Out
CyanogenMod
Pure Nexus Project

**If we have left someone or some team out, we apologize and please PM us**

I can't thank @karthick111 & Phhusson enough for their contribution on realme X2 Pro device.
Also thanks to Bazz27, G_T200, Het Shah, Nuaman & Natsukiro for testing builds :)

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:
Have an unlocked bootloader, and custom recovery installed/booted
(Not gonna be explained here, there'll be threads in this forum somewhere)
Reboot to recovery (Recommended recovery listed in downloads section)
Make sure your device is with Pie Firmware (Don't report issues using realmeUI firmware)
Flash ROM zip, VoLTE FIX & Gapps if flashing non-GApps build (Download Gapps from downloads section)
Format data (don't report anything bugs if you dirty flashed over another ROM)
Reboot into the system.

Device specific features:
* DC dimming (flicker free feature). check Settings -> Realme Settings
* Game mode (touch boost). check Settings -> Realme Settings
* Toggle for display hz (auto, forced 90hz). check Settings -> Realme Settings
* TouchScreen Gestures. check Settings -> Realme Settings -> touchscreen gestures
* Ambient gestures (Pickup, handwave & pocket). check Settings -> Display -> Lockscreen display -> Ambient display

KNOWN ISSUES:
* SELinux Permissive
* FOD works as it should except screen turns black when you touch it otherwise all good

CHANGELOG:
* April Security Patch
* CTS should pass by default now
* Added Off-Screen Gestures (realme Settings)
* You have no idea how many patches this unofficial DU includes, seriously you don't want to know all of them. Lets just say it's made to run almost perfectly like any other rom in X2 Pro.

NOTES:
* Initially this build was released in X2 Pro Telegram group, later I have decided to post here too since many custom rom users are in XDA only
* Flash colorOS if your device is having realmeUI, same applies to VoLTE, you don't have to flash VoLTE zip everytime you flash new rom. Don't report bugs if using realme UI FW & it's vendor.
* Don't flash Magisk 20.4.

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • Include your firmware versions in reports.
  • Mention any and all Magisk modules you might be using along with the Magisk version
  • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

XDA:DevDB Information
Dirty Unicorns, ROM for the Realme X2 Pro

Contributors
4j17h
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2020-04-28
Last Updated 2020-04-28

Attachments

• photo_2020-04-28_11-59-06.jpg
    photo_2020-04-28_11-59-06.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 5,042
  • photo_2020-04-28_11-58-40.jpg
    photo_2020-04-28_11-58-40.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 5,090
  • photo_2020-04-28_11-58-57.jpg
    photo_2020-04-28_11-58-57.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 5,076
  • photo_2020-04-28_11-58-55.jpg
    photo_2020-04-28_11-58-55.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 4,829
  • photo_2020-04-28_11-58-43.jpg
    photo_2020-04-28_11-58-43.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 4,754
  • photo_2020-04-28_11-58-48.jpg
    photo_2020-04-28_11-58-48.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 4,649
  • photo_2020-04-28_11-58-45.jpg
    photo_2020-04-28_11-58-45.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 4,471
  • photo_2020-04-28_11-58-36.jpg
    photo_2020-04-28_11-58-36.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 4,353
Last edited:

darknessdsc

Oct 17, 2013
POCO M3
right seems like issue at source side or I would've missed something to merge, thanks for pointing out.

No problem :)
Anyway, is there are any way to turn up the maximum bluetooth volume? Probably the mixer path for the volume? My bluetooth volume seems to small compared to stock.

Edit:
Well i need to uncheck the disable absolute volume then its normal.

Last edited:

4j17h

Jun 16, 2014
No problem :)
Anyway, is there are any way to turn up the maximum bluetooth volume? Probably the mixer path for the volume? My bluetooth volume seems to small compared to stock.

Edit:
Well i need to uncheck the disable absolute volume then its normal.

yes that should do the trick

davidscdl

May 2, 2020
I have flashed Pie Firmware & Vendor from TWRP, to be able to install the rom, but now the device only starts in recovery. How should I install it? ( I came from Realme UI and before i made wd/fr) Thank you!

robertmk13

Feb 1, 2016
I have flashed Pie Firmware & Vendor from TWRP, to be able to install the rom, but now the device only starts in recovery. How should I install it? ( I came from Realme UI and before i made wd/fr) Thank you!
your date is encrypted and tvrp in theory now does not even see it. It is necessary to establish the color of wasps and ozip through tvrp. Then from the fastboot to flash the stock of recovery and vbmeta from the color in the subject, I debugged it. Make fastboot format userdata then go to the stock recovery and make the format there. And boot stock color

davwheat

Aug 2, 2013
gg-help.web.app
The mic doesn't work for me. Any ideas why?

Nevermind - disabling Assistant from any screen fixed it.

Is there any chance you could add 'hold power button for assistant'?

Romupag

May 17, 2020
Assistant does not work and ignition in recovery mode

Hello I installed this rom on my X2 pro very good rom ? but the Google assistant does not work and to turn on my device after switching off I have to press on off and volume + as if I displayed recovery mode , is there a solution ? Thank you.

4j17h

Jun 16, 2014

All fixes were in latest AOSiP build, I just delayed DU update with May security patch thinking no one is using it. Maybe I should release one build with May security patch & with fixes too.

Reactions: davwheat

4j17h

Jun 16, 2014
Hello I installed this rom on my X2 pro very good rom but the Google assistant does not work and to turn on my device after switching off I have to press on off and volume + as if I displayed recovery mode , is there a solution ? Thank you.

This happens when you charge offline ? anyways I will look into it, I have few things to try in mind & regarding Google Assistant, I have disabled it I will release new update with few fixes & will also enable Google Assistant.

davwheat

Aug 2, 2013
gg-help.web.app
All fixes were in latest AOSiP build, I just delayed DU update with May security patch thinking no one is using it. Maybe I should release one build with May security patch & with fixes too.

To be honest I don't notice a single difference between DU and AOSiP, except the boot animation... ?

I'm just trying out the different options available.

4j17h

Jun 16, 2014
To be honest I don't notice a single difference between DU and AOSiP, except the boot animation...

I'm just trying out the different options available.

haha yeah both have minimal customization, tbh DU doesn't have many inbuilt apps & few other little issues I guess this is my derp. I will soon release new update.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    [B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/CENTER][/B]
    Dirty Unicorns

About us:
    An AOSP based project built to enhance the stock Android experience

Source code:

Downloads:
    Download ROM (NON-GApps) [26.04.2020]

Other Downloads:
    TWRP
    OrangeFox Recovery
    VoLTE Fix
    NikGApps (Basic Recommended)
    Pie Firmware & Vendor(Thanks to J)

Credit/Thanks:

We would like to give thanks to everyone that contributes to the Android community, big or small because every bit counts. Although we can't list each and every contributor within the Android community, we would like to highlight some of the teams and individuals that have made it possible NOT only with just this version of DU but throughout the years because we don't ever want to forget where we came from nor those that have helped us!

That said, on behalf of the DU team we say THANKS to....

JMZ Software
    Baby Jesus
    Code Aurora Forum
    Omni ROM
    Android Open Kang Project (AOKP)
    Android Ice Cold Project (AICP)
    XDA-Developers
    SlimROMs
    Preludedrew
    Max Weninger
    Team Black Out
    CyanogenMod
    Pure Nexus Project

**If we have left someone or some team out, we apologize and please PM us**

I can't thank @karthick111 & Phhusson enough for their contribution on realme X2 Pro device.
    Also thanks to Bazz27, G_T200, Het Shah, Nuaman & Natsukiro for testing builds :)

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:
    Have an unlocked bootloader, and custom recovery installed/booted
    (Not gonna be explained here, there'll be threads in this forum somewhere)
    Reboot to recovery (Recommended recovery listed in downloads section)
    Make sure your device is with Pie Firmware (Don't report issues using realmeUI firmware)
    Flash ROM zip, VoLTE FIX & Gapps if flashing non-GApps build (Download Gapps from downloads section)
    Format data (don't report anything bugs if you dirty flashed over another ROM)
    Reboot into the system.

Device specific features:
    * DC dimming (flicker free feature). check Settings -> Realme Settings
    * Game mode (touch boost). check Settings -> Realme Settings
    * Toggle for display hz (auto, forced 90hz). check Settings -> Realme Settings
    * TouchScreen Gestures. check Settings -> Realme Settings -> touchscreen gestures
    * Ambient gestures (Pickup, handwave & pocket). check Settings -> Display -> Lockscreen display -> Ambient display

KNOWN ISSUES:
    * SELinux Permissive
    * FOD works as it should except screen turns black when you touch it otherwise all good

CHANGELOG:
    * April Security Patch
    * CTS should pass by default now
    * Added Off-Screen Gestures (realme Settings)
    * You have no idea how many patches this unofficial DU includes, seriously you don't want to know all of them. Lets just say it's made to run almost perfectly like any other rom in X2 Pro.

NOTES:
    * Initially this build was released in X2 Pro Telegram group, later I have decided to post here too since many custom rom users are in XDA only
    * Flash colorOS if your device is having realmeUI, same applies to VoLTE, you don't have to flash VoLTE zip everytime you flash new rom. Don't report bugs if using realme UI FW & it's vendor.
    * Don't flash Magisk 20.4.

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • Include your firmware versions in reports.
    • Mention any and all Magisk modules you might be using along with the Magisk version
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Dirty Unicorns, ROM for the Realme X2 Pro

Contributors
    4j17h
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2020-04-28
    Last Updated 2020-04-28