[ROM][Discontinued][10.0][Gemini] Pixel Experience [NORMAL/PLUS][AOSP][r41][23/12/2020]

Search This thread

Bialo22

Oct 6, 2020
Hi guys,
I installed firstly LineageOS on my Xiaomi Mi 5, but I didn't like it so I installed pixel experience plus. I am not sure if I wipe properly after changing this OS and now I got in my applications system Camera app which I cannot uninstall (org.lineageos.snap 2.02.037 (b5ae965669-00)). My question (maybe stupid): is this app an residue from LineageOS or is it build into pixel experience too?

dev>null

Mar 7, 2013
Hi guys,
I installed firstly LineageOS on my Xiaomi Mi 5, but I didn't like it so I installed pixel experience plus. I am not sure if I wipe properly after changing this OS and now I got in my applications system Camera app which I cannot uninstall (org.lineageos.snap 2.02.037 (b5ae965669-00)). My question (maybe stupid): is this app an residue from LineageOS or is it build into pixel experience too?

If you can't uninstall it, is a system app...and can't be a residue of the previous system. You need a root uninstaller to get rid of it ;)

stefanonardi

Jul 20, 2014
Hello, I'm currently using the latest stable rom release from xiaomi.eu, and VoLTE is not working, I tried with italian carriers Wind3 and Vodafone. I see from the first post that VoLTE works with Pixel Experience rom, I was wondering if there is someone here from Italy that can confirm it. Thank you!!

fyresg

Dec 8, 2011
Singapore
I couldn't find Lock Screen Display under Display. Please refer to the screenshot below.
I solved the mystery!

I have to enable lock screen, e.g., swipe to unlock, then the Lock Screen Display item will appear. Disable it! Finally, if required, disable lock screen. ?

Last edited:

danystraus76

Aug 26, 2015
LECCE
GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi Mi 5 [Gemini]

What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Whats working?
Wifi
RIL
Mobile data
VoLTE
GPS
Camera
HW crypto
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
Fingerprint reader
NFC
Lights
Sound / vibration

Known issues

Tell me!

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
Liked our work? Give us a beer
jhenrique09 paypal
Jonas Cardoso paypal

Translation
Help with project translation

Telegram channel
Stay tuned

Chat dedicated to the Pixel Experience Xiaomi-MSM8996 project
Telegram Group

Channel dedicated to the Pixel Experience Xiaomi-MSM8996 project
Telegram Channel

XDA:DevDB Information
Pixel Experience, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 5

Contributors
Jonas Cardoso
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: MIUI V10.2.2.0.OAAMIXM as minimum target
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2020-10-11

Created 2019-11-10
Last Updated 2020-10-11

Dear Jonas,
please could i know the difference between Gemini roms named with the name:
-10 (plus edition)?
Thanks for your hard work.

kinshu321

Nov 19, 2010
Dear Jonas,
please could i know the difference between Gemini roms named with the name:
-10 (plus edition)?
Thanks for your hard work.

Google it.

Short answer: Plus Edition has some extra features (like gestures) which makes it a bit heavier.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Been using this as my daily driver for 3 months now with no complaints. This is as smooth as it gets for my 4 year old!

The latest OTA (PixelExperience_gemini-10.0-20201011-0622-OFFICIAL.zip) is crashing. It downloaded just fine, but the update window basically just disappears on clicking "Install".

Already tried, but unable to make it work.
  • Silent Notifications
  • Settings->System->System Update
  • Not able to find the cache zip to do a TWRP install

Any ideas?

Last edited:

thugur

Jun 21, 2012
Hello, i am not installed rom lately(1 year almost) so this question maybe weird for you.
There is Syberia rom v2.9 installed in my Phone over 1 year. It's written in fırst post minimum version required MIUI V10.2.2.0.OAAMIXM. Can i flash directly my Phone which has syberia v2.9 or ıf its not what ı have to do for flashing this rom?

chhapil

Nov 24, 2011
Xen
chhapil.github.io
Hello, i am not installed rom lately(1 year almost) so this question maybe weird for you.
There is Syberia rom v2.9 installed in my Phone over 1 year. It's written in fırst post minimum version required MIUI V10.2.2.0.OAAMIXM. Can i flash directly my Phone which has syberia v2.9 or ıf its not what ı have to do for flashing this rom?
There is another thread to download and install miui firmware files only. Just download and install the firmware just to be sure.

Rufous11

Feb 9, 2020
Hey. Everything works for me perfectly and I am very grateful to the developers for this work, you are doing great. I also wanted to know if there will be an android 11 and when?

Jonas Cardoso

Mar 22, 2014
São José dos Campos
Hey. Everything works for me perfectly and I am very grateful to the developers for this work, you are doing great. I also wanted to know if there will be an android 11 and when?

Jonas Cardoso, [14.11.20 13:33]
[Encaminhado de Henrique Silva]
also

11 beta source will be up til 22

official beta builds til 30

by that i mean CI builds