[ROM][DISCONTINUED][10] LineageOS 17.1 [deb][flo]

Search This thread

ripee

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
android-nowe-logo-1.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
* [B][U]Your warranty is now void.[/U][/B]
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

(Please read them BEFORE posting anything in the thread!)
Q: Whenever I try flashing any lineage-17.1 build, I get the following error in TWRP: Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
A: This error appears whenever you try to flash an Oreo-based rom within a version of TWRP older than 3.3. Simply flash the linked below version 3.3 or higher, reboot back into recovery, and flash the rom zip again.

Q: I am seeing Error 7 when trying to flash a GApps package.
A: This is due to the system partition being too small to fit both the rom and the GApps package. You need to re-partition it with a tool such as the one created by Clamor (linked below). You will only need to do this once.

Q: When will any of the variants receive official builds from LineageOS?
A: There are no plans to submit these builds for official LineageOS support, but it should not matter. What is most important is that these unofficial builds be stable enough for daily usage, which they are, thanks to followmsi's tireless work in porting Android 10 to these venerable old tablets.
Note to Junior Members: It is frowned upon in the XDA community to ask for ETA's on builds, features, bug fixes, or other improvements to the code or its functionality.

Q: Even if neither dev nor flo will ever receive official LineageOS support, just out of curiosity, what are some of the differences be between unofficial and official builds?
A: The following technical changes are in effect:
- Built-in su root will be removed: You will have to download and install the su addon from LineageOS Extras.
- Tablet status > LineageOS updates will be activated, allowing for the OTA downloading of official builds.
- The official builds will be digitally signed by Lineage to prove that they do not contain malicious source code and are able to pass the Play Store's SafetyNet check.

Q: How often will new builds be released?
A: About once a week for both deb and flo, as soon as possible after each new Android security patch level is merged, and of course whenever a new feature is added or a bug is fixed, as per followmsi's advice.

[REPARTITION] Nexus 7 (2013) Repartition [FLO/DEB] [16GB/32GB] [UA TWRP]

ROMs
pitrus-
- LTE: deb
- Wi-Fi: flo

Magisk

Open GApps

How to flash LineageOS and Open GApps
1. Move any files you want to keep to your computer or flash drive via a USB OTG cable – ! Or you will lose them !
2. Download your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package,
3. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up and Power button until you see TWRP's splash screen),
4. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
5. Swipe to Wipe at Bottom of Screen,
6. Back to Main start screen,
7. Wipe > Format Data,
8. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
9. Go Back to Main Start Screen,
10. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
11. Install > select a zip file to flash (optionally, Add More Zips > select another zip file to flash),
11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,
12. Reboot System! Enjoy!

Typically if you do not do a Clean Install then you are not allowed to report errors or problems. If you Dirty Install and you do have problems then you will be asked to Wipe All and Clean Install and see if the problems still exist. This is a DAILY changing rom and any bug that you found was not working on the previous day's build may be fixed with todays daily build. On a side note, the code implemented to fix that bug could potentially break something that worked on that previous build. So reporting problems on a day old build that you dirty flashed over whichever build of whichever rom you had flashed previously will not be accepted as a true error.

Problems known to happen after a Dirty Installation
1. A muddled up mess of a system. You are taking a rom and installing a newer rom with changes over the top of your old rom. Between these two periods of time during which you used your phone and created data, changed system options, and used apps. This is absolutely increasing the risk of causing problems somewhere in the system/data partitions. Some people have luck with Dirty Flashing. However, it's always hit-and-miss because of what we mentioned above about bug fixes breaking previously working functions. Dirty flashing doesn't only create problems if the source code of the system data and the system settings of the new build are significantly different from those of your previous build. That's not to say that Clean Installing won't ever create problems, but only bugs present on a Cleanly Installed rom are relevant for development purposes.

* Clean Install: Fully wiping everything and installing the rom onto a fully clean system/data partition of the phone.

* Dirty Install: Installing the rom and GApps over top of the older rom to save time and not have to reinstall all the user apps and tweaking system and app settings that usually take a lot of time to set up as you like.

Bugs
- You tell us!

Changelog
All major features and bug fixes are discussed in detail by the developers in the thread, whenever they are implemented. All builds include the latest upstream Changes for all devices from LineageOS.

Credits
- Every open source developer and user who contributes directly or indirectly to the LineageOS community in the development of and in providing feedback for deb and flo.

Sources
- deb device tree
- flo device tree
- kernel
- blobs

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Nexus 7 (2013)

Contributors
ripee, followmsi, pitrus-, flex1911, Clamor
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: System partition large enough to accommodate the rom and GApps.

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 10
Stable Release Date: 2020-01-21

Created 2020-01-21
Last Updated 2020-04-14

Last edited:

Viking8

Nov 25, 2013
Phoenix
I was just curious about GApps for this ROM. Going to the link you provided and just simply going to opengapps.org/ does not show a gapps version for Android 10. Is it ok to use one for Android 9?

EDIT: I was searching around for a GApps package for Android 10 and found this.... https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengapps/files/arm/beta/20190928/

I installed your ROM with the GApps above and it is working great so far. Thank you for the work you put in making this for all of Nexus 7 owners!

Last edited:

edison0354

Is LineageOS seperated from AospExtended in the other thread?

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

I was just curious about GApps for this ROM. Going to the link you provided and just simply going to opengapps.org/ does not show a gapps version for Android 10. Is it ok to use one for Android 9?

EDIT: I was searching around for a GApps package for Android 10 and found this.... https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengapps/files/arm/beta/20190928/

I installed your ROM with the GApps above and it is working great so far. Thank you for the work you put in making this for all of Nexus 7 owners!

Use the latest beta, some bugs were fixed.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengapps/files/arm/beta/20200116/

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=81555475&postcount=2938

Lineage-17.1

Like mentioned before .. I did plan to handover Lineage-17.1 beginning of 2020.
That's done now.

@ripee will continue to build regular lineage-17.1 builds for flo/deb.

If there are some code changes in the next time .. we test on AEX first and apply changes to Lineage sources later on.

Thanks to @ripee for taking over !

Cheers

Vincent_40

Oct 8, 2015
France
Happy to see Q ROM for this wonderful but old N7. I'm on 8.1 Validus and want to try your build. Do i need to wipe internal storage and why ?

Reactions: riskseeker

mcfouch

Apr 8, 2013
PARIS
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus X
1st post tell us that we need a repartition to have enough space to install gapps. During this step /data partition is erased.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

I am also curious. My USB port is not functional so I need to always keep one or two OS zip files on internal storage.

It's time to try to fix that USB port !
I've done it twice. The first time I tightened the ground contour with a small pair of pliers. The 2nd time I managed to redo the soldering with a sharp soldering iron.

dealpapa1

Jul 12, 2008
having a lot of trouble installing. I am not sure if it is user error. crying

when can we have ota?

prsa01

Jan 11, 2012
Minneapolis
Flo clean flash from 01/09 version w/beta gapps pico 01/16 & latest magisk.

No issues, nice easy upgrade. Looking forward to dirty flashing going forward.

Many thanks to both maintainers! Appreciate the option of latest roms on our devices. :)

Vincent_40

Oct 8, 2015
France
Thanks for this ROM.
Works fine on that old device ?.
Do you think it's possible to implement smart charging feature ?

Spyr0s

Feb 28, 2011
Athens
Another happy user here, i even mamaged to load credits to my public transport card via NFC.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    android-nowe-logo-1.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    * [B][U]Your warranty is now void.[/U][/B]
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

(Please read them BEFORE posting anything in the thread!)
    Q: Whenever I try flashing any lineage-17.1 build, I get the following error in TWRP: Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
    A: This error appears whenever you try to flash an Oreo-based rom within a version of TWRP older than 3.3. Simply flash the linked below version 3.3 or higher, reboot back into recovery, and flash the rom zip again.

Q: I am seeing Error 7 when trying to flash a GApps package.
    A: This is due to the system partition being too small to fit both the rom and the GApps package. You need to re-partition it with a tool such as the one created by Clamor (linked below). You will only need to do this once.

Q: When will any of the variants receive official builds from LineageOS?
    A: There are no plans to submit these builds for official LineageOS support, but it should not matter. What is most important is that these unofficial builds be stable enough for daily usage, which they are, thanks to followmsi's tireless work in porting Android 10 to these venerable old tablets.
    Note to Junior Members: It is frowned upon in the XDA community to ask for ETA's on builds, features, bug fixes, or other improvements to the code or its functionality.

Q: Even if neither dev nor flo will ever receive official LineageOS support, just out of curiosity, what are some of the differences be between unofficial and official builds?
    A: The following technical changes are in effect:
    - Built-in su root will be removed: You will have to download and install the su addon from LineageOS Extras.
    - Tablet status > LineageOS updates will be activated, allowing for the OTA downloading of official builds.
    - The official builds will be digitally signed by Lineage to prove that they do not contain malicious source code and are able to pass the Play Store's SafetyNet check.

Q: How often will new builds be released?
    A: About once a week for both deb and flo, as soon as possible after each new Android security patch level is merged, and of course whenever a new feature is added or a bug is fixed, as per followmsi's advice.

[REPARTITION] Nexus 7 (2013) Repartition [FLO/DEB] [16GB/32GB] [UA TWRP]

ROMs
    pitrus-
    - LTE: deb
    - Wi-Fi: flo

Magisk

Open GApps

How to flash LineageOS and Open GApps
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your computer or flash drive via a USB OTG cable – ! Or you will lose them !
    2. Download your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package,
    3. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up and Power button until you see TWRP's splash screen),
    4. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
    5. Swipe to Wipe at Bottom of Screen,
    6. Back to Main start screen,
    7. Wipe > Format Data,
    8. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    9. Go Back to Main Start Screen,
    10. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    11. Install > select a zip file to flash (optionally, Add More Zips > select another zip file to flash),
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,
    12. Reboot System! Enjoy!

Typically if you do not do a Clean Install then you are not allowed to report errors or problems. If you Dirty Install and you do have problems then you will be asked to Wipe All and Clean Install and see if the problems still exist. This is a DAILY changing rom and any bug that you found was not working on the previous day's build may be fixed with todays daily build. On a side note, the code implemented to fix that bug could potentially break something that worked on that previous build. So reporting problems on a day old build that you dirty flashed over whichever build of whichever rom you had flashed previously will not be accepted as a true error.

Problems known to happen after a Dirty Installation
    1. A muddled up mess of a system. You are taking a rom and installing a newer rom with changes over the top of your old rom. Between these two periods of time during which you used your phone and created data, changed system options, and used apps. This is absolutely increasing the risk of causing problems somewhere in the system/data partitions. Some people have luck with Dirty Flashing. However, it's always hit-and-miss because of what we mentioned above about bug fixes breaking previously working functions. Dirty flashing doesn't only create problems if the source code of the system data and the system settings of the new build are significantly different from those of your previous build. That's not to say that Clean Installing won't ever create problems, but only bugs present on a Cleanly Installed rom are relevant for development purposes.

* Clean Install: Fully wiping everything and installing the rom onto a fully clean system/data partition of the phone.

* Dirty Install: Installing the rom and GApps over top of the older rom to save time and not have to reinstall all the user apps and tweaking system and app settings that usually take a lot of time to set up as you like.

Bugs
    - You tell us!

Changelog
    All major features and bug fixes are discussed in detail by the developers in the thread, whenever they are implemented. All builds include the latest upstream Changes for all devices from LineageOS.

Credits
    - Every open source developer and user who contributes directly or indirectly to the LineageOS community in the development of and in providing feedback for deb and flo.

Sources
    - deb device tree
    - flo device tree
    - kernel
    - blobs

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Nexus 7 (2013)

Contributors
    ripee, followmsi, pitrus-, flex1911, Clamor
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: System partition large enough to accommodate the rom and GApps.

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 10
    Stable Release Date: 2020-01-21

Created 2020-01-21
    Last Updated 2020-04-14

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=81555475&postcount=2938

Lineage-17.1

Like mentioned before .. I did plan to handover Lineage-17.1 beginning of 2020.
    That's done now.

@ripee will continue to build regular lineage-17.1 builds for flo/deb.

If there are some code changes in the next time .. we test on AEX first and apply changes to Lineage sources later on.

Thanks to @ripee for taking over !

Cheers
    Changelog

Build 0122 for both variants
    * NFC is fixed, courtesy of followmsi.
    * Synced with LineageOS sources.
    FWIW, if you are trying to download a file from Google Drive that has been restricted in this way and you have a Google account yourself, you can work around the blocked download by adding the file to your own Google Drive, making a copy of it, and downloading the copy.

Along those lines, you can also add the folder of your variant to your own Google Drive. That way, all future builds will sync down to your account automatically.