!!! FOR THIS BUILD YOU HAVE TO REPARTITION YOUR DEVICE !!!
The answer is simple. CM11 uses a size of partitions that makes this ROM unusable. The ROM uses 228MB on /system and the partition is only 230MB, this makes Google Apps to not work. So I experimented with a LOT of repartitioning schemes and found the right one that makes the ROM usable and remember: THIS. IS. EXPERIMENTAL!!!
I am having troubles with the install. What should I do?
Report it to me n i'll try to help.
What's new in this build?
I added an Android 5.0 likely SystemUI and we use Samurai Kernel now (credits to @thedeadfish59 for Samurai Kernel)
Flashing instructions: Warning: This will erase your data, photos, everything! You could hardbrick your device!!
1. Download the latest ROM here
2. Download your stock ROM from https://sfirmware.com
3. Start Odin3 v3.07.exe in the Odin3-v307 folder
4. Choose for PIT: totoro-CM12theme-ROM.pit
5. Choose for PDA: your stock ROM's PDA (should write PDA-GT-S5360-xxxxx.tar.md5)
6. Choose your CSC and Modem file
7. Make sure the following checkboxes are checked
1. Auto Reboot (optional)
3. F. Reset Time
8. Click Start!
8.1 After it flashes, close Odin
9. After flashing, you should see the recovery with a lot of errors.
10. Remove your battery
11. Reboot to download mode (Vol down+Power+Home button)
12. Open Odin v3.07 again
13. Choose for PDA: twrppit.tar
13.1 If you see USB isn't recognized, remove the battery and reboot to download mode again
14. Click Start!
15. Make sure the following checkboxes are checked
1. Auto Reboot (optional)
2. F. Reset Time
16. You must be in TWRP now.. If you aren't, leave a message and i'll help you
17. Go to "Wipe" in TWRP
18. Make sure System, Data, Cache, Dalvik / ART cache is checked
19. Swipe it
20. Flash the CM12 themed ROM
21. Congratulations! You did it! Boot must take 10-20 minutes to boot due to the big system partition that your device didn't use
What sizes did you change? NOTE: As you can see, I shrinked the size of the /cache partition and the /data partition. I had to add +2MB to the /boot partition and to the /system partition.
Here's the sizes I did change:
Hello! I was a little bit bored, so I made a CyanogenMod 12 likely ROM for this old device.
If coming from stock rom:
Flash the temporary CWM Recovery
Then flash the gaven TWRP recovery
And reboot to recovery
Wipe data / factory reset
Wipe cache partition
Format /system, mount /system, /data
And install the ROM
(Optional) flash the kernel
If coming from CM11/9/7:
Simply flash the rom over TWRP and if you want flash the kernel too, but factory reset and a cache is recommended.
If upgrading this rom to its next version:
Don't be scared if you see CWM. It's integrated in the rom. And just flash the rom, your data will be safe and saved.
I'm not responsible for anything! If u show your middle finger at me for breaking your device, I'll laugh at you.
Some invisible tweaks
Contains all the Android 5.1.1 alarm/notification sounds
Android KitKat 4.4.4 GApps can be installable
Can Overclock (ALPHA2)
Has CM12 bootanimation
it has android 5 icons
GetuX for making kernel for this device ROM OS Version: 4.4.x Jelly Bean ROM Kernel: Linux 2.6.x ROM Firmware Required: Custom Recovery Based On: CyanogenMod