[ROM][DISCONTINUED][6.0.1]Unofficial LineageOS 13 [MIDO]

Search This thread

FuLygon

Jul 12, 2016
Is this rom stable yet ? is battery good and fingerprint work ? I looking for a MM rom not miui, not upgrade to android 7 yet until offical xposed for nougat from rovo89, did anyone still using this rom please tell me if there are any bug in lineage 13

madd0g

May 8, 2010
Is this rom stable yet ? is battery good and fingerprint work ? I looking for a MM rom not miui, not upgrade to android 7 yet until offical xposed for nougat from rovo89, did anyone still using this rom please tell me if there are any bug in lineage 13
Nope, it's stable, I used it for month when I needed xposed. Got 10h SOT in 32h without charging, so everything is cool. No issues with fingerprint as well.

FuLygon

Jul 12, 2016
Nope, it's stable, I used it for month when I needed xposed. Got 10h SOT in 32h without charging, so everything is cool. No issues with fingerprint as well.
Thanks 4 the fast reply, good to hear, flashing soon, can i overcharge on this rom, i usually charge through night on miui

madd0g

May 8, 2010
Thanks 4 the fast reply, good to hear, flashing soon, can i overcharge on this rom, i usually charge through night on miui
Don't know what you mean with overcharge, but there's nothing wrong with any phones charging them leaving it on charger when its done. The electronics in port make sure it doesn't overcharge and ruin the battery. I do it overnight too, the phone is cool in the morning.

Reactions: FuLygon

FuLygon

Jul 12, 2016
Don't know what you mean with overcharge, but there's nothing wrong with any phones charging them leaving it on charger when its done. The electronics in port make sure it doesn't overcharge and ruin the battery. I do it overnight too, the phone is cool in the morning.
Ok thanks a lot, i really dont like miui 8 much because of the mic problem but i dont want to upgrade to miui 9 because android 7 xD using this rom and wait for rovo89

madd0g

May 8, 2010
Ok thanks a lot, i really dont like miui 8 much because of the mic problem but i dont want to upgrade to miui 9 because android 7 xD using this rom and wait for rovo89
Yeah, you'll love LOS over MIUI it's like a new level of a device experience. I had the same reason although got a spare cheap phone to slap CM13 and xposed on it, so went for LOS 14.1 on this one.

FuLygon

Jul 12, 2016
I used to use cm13, love it absolutely, but when i move to miui, really hard to get used to, autostart, permission etc.., but it hard to stay away from xposed xD

FuLygon

Jul 12, 2016
Yeah, you'll love LOS over MIUI it's like a new level of a device experience. I had the same reason although got a spare cheap phone to slap CM13 and xposed on it, so went for LOS 14.1 on this one.
Hey the firmware up there name MIUI 8.2, is this match with the Los rom ? i see the name and refuse to flash. Just wait for your confirmation. And about the wipe, wipe data cache dalvik and system right ? is the add-on need to be flash and what add-on do

Last edited:

madd0g

May 8, 2010
Miui 8.2 was Marshmallow, LOS13 is Marshmallow, so yes always flash the linked firmware, to avoid any issues coming from a previous ROM whatever it is.

If coming from MIUI, wipe of internal storage is recommended too. If coming from previous AOSP ROM, wipe all except internal storage.

Addon is needed if you want LOS root, you can flash SuperSU if you want instead. I had no issues with LOS root though.

Reactions: imakul8 and FuLygon

FuLygon

Jul 12, 2016
Miui 8.2 was Marshmallow, LOS13 is Marshmallow, so yes always flash the linked firmware, to avoid any issues coming from a previous ROM whatever it is.
Do i need to unmount system ?

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

If coming from MIUI, wipe of internal storage is recommended too. If coming from previous AOSP ROM, wipe all except internal storage.

Addon is needed if you want LOS root, you can flash SuperSU if you want instead. I had no issues with LOS root though.
Ah do i need to unmount system ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6 (marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • IR Blaster
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS

Known issues:
    • Advanced Reboot to recovery doesnt work, you'll have to use button combo
    • You tell me ;)

Instructions :
    • Flash Twrp :- LINK
    • Download the firmware, latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the firmware zip, latest build and GApps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Sources :

Credits :
    • All The members of #Team_Sanam
    • @abhishek987
    • @sachin n for the firmware link

XDA:DevDB Information
    LIneage OS 13.0, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
    Vidhanth
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow

Version Information

Created 2017-05-17
    Last Updated 2019-01-02
    Woah I didn't know there were so many mm fan boys here xD Cool then I shall work on it and will update soon ;)
    still waiting for updated los 13 rom
    Good to know and thanks for reminding me that I don't have a life outside xda
    New Build Up!
    Changelog-
    * Source updates
    * Fixed dark camera bug
    * Fixed double tap to wake, it works perfectly now

The rom is now fully stable. The only issue is the advanced reboot, but i guess it can be ignored as you can always use button combo to get into recovery/fastboot. Long pressing the fingerprint scanner opens up the camera. If you dont like it, you can disable the stock cam app and install snap camera mentioned in the nougat rom threads

DOWNLOAD
    Hi, thanks Vidhanth. Looking forward to some updates.

1) Holding the fingerprint scanner brings up the camera. I can't find the option to disable this. Can anyone help?

2) Reading '/r/android/the_issue_of_security_in_lineageos' thread on Reddit regarding security patches on LOS. They say it's dependent on how well they are applied by the maintainer regardless of what it says the latest patch level is. Is this an issue here?
    1. Disable snap cam and use some other app
    2. I have the trees and kernel trees ready, it's just that I didn't have much time to update. My college just started so yeah I'm kinda busy. But I will surely update ;)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone