• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][DISCONTINUED][7.1.2][TB-X704F] LineageOS 14.1 for Lenovo Tab4 10 Plus

Search This thread

LumenReaper

Nov 26, 2018
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Google Pixel 3
Hmm, i forget report, but i install 23.02.19 build with your recovery, it's doesn't work(bootloop). How i make log and send you? Test on 704L

After logo LENOVO screen turn on. turn off, turn on, turn off and repeat, repeat,repeat....

Thank you so much for testing. Too bad it didn't work out. Especially strange is that you didn't see the LOS boot animation, because the L and F share the same kernel.

Do you have any experience with ADB and a terminal? The next approach would be to copy the so-called tombstones if they exist.
That can be done with
Code:
adb pull /data/tombstones

There is also a video for that, relevant part starts at 3:20 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMNyIDuU-ps).

Dragon_200

Mar 8, 2019
Thank you so much for testing. Too bad it didn't work out. Especially strange is that you didn't see the LOS boot animation, because the L and F share the same kernel.

Do you have any experience with ADB and a terminal? The next approach would be to copy the so-called tombstones if they exist.
That can be done with
Code:
adb pull /data/tombstones

There is also a video for that, relevant part starts at 3:20 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMNyIDuU-ps).

I don't have experience with this command in adb, you can write help for me step by step???

Reactions: LumenReaper

LumenReaper

Nov 26, 2018
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Google Pixel 3
I don't have experience with this command in adb, you can write help for me step by step???

Okay, have you checked the video? I am not sure if I can go more into details.

Have you downloaded minimal adb? Then you could possibly just run the command (adb pull /data/tombstones) and check if there are files named tombstones in the adb directory (on your PC) afterwards or if it gives you an error message.

Thanks.

LumenReaper

Nov 26, 2018
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Google Pixel 3
New Release: 24.03.2019

I'm back with a new release. You have to thank @yener90 for the bigger changes.

Make a backup before dirt flashing this build. Clean install is recommend.

Changelog:
  • Default display orientation is landscape [thanks to yener90]
  • Fingerprint scanner fixed [thanks to yener90]
  • Upstream changes (including March security patch)

Sadly, there is no progress regarding system rw.

Link is in first post.

Tschumi

Jul 4, 2010
Thessalonika
Works like a charm in my device (clean install). Thanks for all your time and effort.
It's a disgrace that the only updates our device had were to install Alexa on the navigation bar. This will be my last lenovo device ever.

Reactions: LumenReaper

yener90

Dec 10, 2018
Lenovo didn't made it, so I made it :p

Attachments

• 20190325_192738.jpg
    20190325_192738.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 356

yener90

Dec 10, 2018
Well done. :good: Are you uploading the device tree and kernel to GitHub please?

Would like to compile and test it myself. This really motivates me to invest more time in it again.

You cant use it, requires different TWRP.
Nearly everything works. Just USB, Camera and Fingerprint not working.
After fixing USB I will upload it :)

MrMagic

Feb 20, 2007
Sounds good! I hope this will lead to a fully functional Oreo or Pie ROM for the Tab 4 10 Plus someday, because Lenovo refuses to support their flagship hardware and apparently will never release anything beyond Nougat for this tablet :(

Reactions: Advanced07

LumenReaper

Nov 26, 2018
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Google Pixel 3
Since Yener has fixed the fingerprint scanner under Oreo with the latest update, there is no reason to use this rom anymore. I end the support, so there will be no more updates. You are in good hands with Yener.

At the same time I made the decision to leave Android rom development temporarily because I have other projects and goals I want to take time for now. This will take at least two months. During this time I will periodically read the threads here and possibly post something, but I won't develop anything during this time.

This kind of software development has become a really interesting hobby for me, in which I would like to become even better, so you can be sure that I will join again. I already have one or two things I'd like to do at a later date.

To all those whom I have given hope that this rom will also support your devices (l,v,a), I am very sorry that I could not keep to this. Maybe you can get Yener to try it, with him you have a better chance of success thanks to his greater experience.

Also many thanks to all who have used my rom - even if only for a short time. :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit the Gerrit Code Review.

What works:
    - Audio (speaker and audio out)
    - Bluetooth
    - FM radio
    - Fingerprint
    - USB port
    - Sdcard
    - Security patch level: 05.03.2019
    - WiFi

Broken:
    - AudioFX (crashes sometimes)
    - Encryption (partly)
    - Camera
    - Torchlight
    - Hall sensor
    - System is read-only
    - SElinux permissive

Download
    LineageOS 15.1 (Oreo) is available
    TWRP for TB-X704F/L
    LOS 14.1 for TB-X704F

Installation instructions
    1. Your bootloader has to be unlocked!
    2. Flash the TWRP recovery provided in the downloads section.
    3. Copy the LineageOS zip file provided in the downloads section to your tablet (or use "adb sideload").
    4. Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik/Art Cache and System. Optionally format Data to remove encryption.
    5. Finally you can install the LineageOS zip file.
    6. First boot will take a littler longer - If everything went as expected: Welcome to LineageOS 14.1!

Source code:
    device : android_device_lenovo_tb_x704f
    kernel: android_kernel_lenovo_msm8953
    vendor: android_vendor_lenovo_tb_x704f

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 for Lenovo Tab4 10 Plus, ROM for the Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet

Contributors
    LumenReaper
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android/tree/cm-14.1

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-02-12
    Last Updated 2019-03-31
    Since Yener has fixed the fingerprint scanner under Oreo with the latest update, there is no reason to use this rom anymore. I end the support, so there will be no more updates. You are in good hands with Yener.

At the same time I made the decision to leave Android rom development temporarily because I have other projects and goals I want to take time for now. This will take at least two months. During this time I will periodically read the threads here and possibly post something, but I won't develop anything during this time.

This kind of software development has become a really interesting hobby for me, in which I would like to become even better, so you can be sure that I will join again. I already have one or two things I'd like to do at a later date.

To all those whom I have given hope that this rom will also support your devices (l,v,a), I am very sorry that I could not keep to this. Maybe you can get Yener to try it, with him you have a better chance of success thanks to his greater experience.

Also many thanks to all who have used my rom - even if only for a short time. :good:
    Lenovo didn't made it, so I made it :p
    Well done. :good: Are you uploading the device tree and kernel to GitHub please?

Would like to compile and test it myself. This really motivates me to invest more time in it again.

Maybe a stupid question, but why are you working on a Android 7 Version for the tablet and not a Android 8 or even 9?
    I mean the tablet already has 7 and it works quite good as I think and Lenovo told everybody there will be no Andropid 8 or 9 for it, so this would be hardly looked for.

Thanks for an answer!

That's not a stupid question.
    @peterCR56 is not wrong when he says that I continue where Lenovo left off, and there's a good reason for that: Lenovo released the kernel source from the nougat stock rom after a long time back and forth, and I extracted the drivers and stuff from the device. Creating a custom rom in the version already running on the device has the best chance of success.

I can tell you, however, that @yener90 has also jumped into development (he has a lot more experience than me) and is working on some cool things.

Stay tuned.