[ROM][DISCONTINUED][9.X] Haky86's ArrowOS v9.0 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017 PRA-LX1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

iFedebankai

Sep 1, 2014
* always on: I forget to add a string to overlay that enable it.
* about sorted options: it could be the only rom that don't have proper section to enable such features like OmniGear in OmniROM and Extended in AEX.
* might I'll release another build but actually I'm working on AOSP 9 R30 that they release yesterday. as I said in telegram group I will kept updated just 2 roms such AOSP and OmniROM that's enough for me. :)

To be honest your lineageos is much more stable on c02 and c432 devices then Aex arrow and omni, but I agree for omni and aosp. Btw how can I logcat a problem with headphones ? To make audio root to the headphones I need to fully shutdown then phone, otherwise it doesn't recognize the headphones at all..when I tried to logcat it but nothing showed up, only the fact that I am using said app(music), it happens on all roms, the only exception are 8.1 roms.

Thank you for your work and have a great day!

D

Deleted member 8892904

Not really, AOSPE 6.1 is rocksolid. Have used it with my phone over a week without rebooting and i never had a random reboot, bootloop or other issues.
I do not say that the Lineage rom is bugged, for that i didn´t used it very long, but to say it is more bugfree than AOSPE isn´t correct.
EVERY software have bugs, even when its a tiny little small bug, that lies in the nature of programming. The art is to discover and then correct it. :angel:

You want a custom ROM to try? Try Dirty Unicorns. They're posting GSI on Discord. I tried December build. It boots but has Bugs. Now I'm gonna try January one.

iFedebankai

Sep 1, 2014
Not really, AOSPE 6.1 is rocksolid. Have used it with my phone over a week without rebooting and i never had a random reboot, bootloop or other issues.
I do not say that the Lineage rom is bugged, for that i didn´t used it very long, but to say it is more bugfree than AOSPE isn´t correct.
EVERY software have bugs, even when its a tiny little small bug, that lies in the nature of programming. The art is to discover and then correct it. :angel:

With same installing procces AEX doesn't boot on my phone, I got it once to boot by double wipe data and I couldn't : restore my cloud backup from google, magisk caused a bootloop, headphone wouldn't root audio by no means, google dialer crashed a bunch, my mobile data was slower ( i compared emui,aex and pixie in the same day ) and in the end I got random reboots on it. I love the rom, don't get me wrong, but the amount of bugs I got on my phone was just a turn off.

--Lineage problems can be solved via magisk (gms and doze) but I am still searching for a rom with better battery life (emui gets me 6-8 hours of sot and lineage 6-7, I want smth with 7-9), if you have any other recommandations I will be really gratefull !

D

Deleted member 8892904

With same installing procces AEX doesn't boot on my phone, I got it once to boot by double wipe data and I couldn't : restore my cloud backup from google, magisk caused a bootloop, headphone wouldn't root audio by no means, google dialer crashed a bunch, my mobile data was slower ( i compared emui,aex and pixie in the same day ) and in the end I got random reboots on it. I love the rom, don't get me wrong, but the amount of bugs I got on my phone was just a turn off.

--Lineage problems can be solved via magisk (gms and doze) but I am still searching for a rom with better battery life (emui gets me 6-8 hours of sot and lineage 6-7, I want smth with 7-9), if you have any other recommandations I will be really gratefull !

Try Dirty Unicorns

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
Oct 5, 2012
talking about gsi here rude me and a lot, no more requests for emui8 roms too.

G.Man.

May 18, 2018
NRW
It is not serious? Here a rom is offered without a simple rollback method? Is that a joke?

G.Man.

May 18, 2018
NRW
Didn't work for me. Had to flash a new board firmware. For me this is no problem. But for the normal user it is. Well, it's not really your problem. No flash without risk.

Ham1do

Aug 24, 2013
13-02-2019:
Arrow-v9.0-hi6250-UNOFFICIAL-20190212
Android 9.0.0 R31.
5 Feb 2019 security patches.
Possible fix for USSD.
Note: might bootloop once but it will boot regularly so I'd recommend to do factory reset with stock recovery (don't ask me why this could happen)
Yes confirmed , ussd fixed in last build
Hope you continue the good work

Reactions: haky 86

adnanBIH

Mar 2, 2010
Hello everyone.
I'm pretty new with the installing custom ROM to devices (did it 2-3 times in the past few years), so, I'm wondering how to meet requirements:
1. where to find "Askuccio's TWRP"
2. How to - "Unlocked Bootloader"

I followed this tutorial, but unlocking bootloader is not possible anymore via official Huawei site.
stechguide .com/unlock-bootloader-install-twrp-and-root-huawei-p8-lite-2017/ (remove blank after stechguid)

Is there any comprehensive tutorial how to accomplish necessary steps in order to upgrade my phone to this ROM?
My Huawei P8 lite 2017 (PRA-LX1) is running Android 7.0 with EMUI 5.0.
Any help would be highly appreciated. :)

Regards, Adnan

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8892904

Hello everyone.
I'm pretty new with the installing custom ROM to devices (did it 2-3 times in the past few years), so, I'm wondering how to meet requirements:
1. where to find "Askuccio's TWRP"
2. How to - "Unlocked Bootloader"

I followed this tutorial, but unlocking bootloader is not possible anymore via official Huawei site.
stechguide .com/unlock-bootloader-install-twrp-and-root-huawei-p8-lite-2017/ (remove blank after stechguid)

Is there any comprehensive tutorial how to accomplish necessary steps in order to upgrade my phone to this ROM?
My Huawei P8 lite 2017 (PRA-LX1) is running Android 7.0 with EMUI 5.0.
Any help would be highly appreciated. :)

Regards, Adnan

Unfortunately without unlocking the Bootloader there isn't much you can do. To unlock the BL there are several paid ways. Try DC Unlocker. It costs 4$ and works 100%. Once you're done with the BL I can give you link for Askuccio TWRP

z1rqdym

Dec 21, 2015
All before you need to update your phone to emui8 then unlock bootloader after then flash the askuccio twrp this twrp is emui8 compatible not for emui5, keep in mind.

adnanBIH

Mar 2, 2010
All before you need to update your phone to emui8 then unlock bootloader after then flash the askuccio twrp this twrp is emui8 compatible not for emui5, keep in mind.
Thank you very much guys for the responding on my issue.

So, first I need to update P8 lite to EMUI8? Is there any link for that?
Also, I checked for DC unlocker and it seems that it doesn't support my phone. dc-unlocker .com/supported_models_1/huawei_1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FArrowOS%2Fgetting_started%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fetc%2Flogo.png%3Fraw%3Dtrue
    ABOUT
    ArrowOS is an AOSP based open source project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. We added just the right and mostly used stuff that will be actually USEFUL at the end of the day.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Requirements:
    • Askuccio's TWRP.
    • Unlocked Bootloader.

Telegram
    The group has been re-opened
    Invitation [URL="https://t.me/joinchat/CZYEbFcqKRS5Zh9UF5sXTg"]link.[/URL]

Downloads:

• 13-02-2019:
      • Arrow-v9.0-hi6250-UNOFFICIAL-20190212
      • Android 9.0.0 R31.
      • 5 Feb 2019 security patches.
      • Possible fix for USSD.
      • Note: might bootloop once but it will boot regularly so I'd recommend to do factory reset with stock recovery (don't ask me why this could happen)

Works:
    • Audio.
    • Bluetooth.
    • Camera.
    • Display.
    • Graphics.
    • Lights.
    • NFC.
    • RIL.
    • Sensors.
    • Storages.
    • Wifi.

Bugs:
    • Tell me.

Kernel GPL:
    • I'm not violating any kind of license since my ROMs used the stock kernel come with Emui 8.x called kernel.img so all credits goes to Huawei.

XDA:DevDB Information
    ArrowOS for Emui 8.x, ROM for the Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite

Contributors
    haky 86
    Source Code: http://github.com/hak86

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Emui 8.x

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2019-01-02
    Beta Release Date: 2019-01-02

Created 2019-01-02
    Last Updated 2019-01-02
    • 13-02-2019:
      • Arrow-v9.0-hi6250-UNOFFICIAL-20190212
      • Android 9.0.0 R31.
      • 5 Feb 2019 security patches.
      • Possible fix for USSD.
      • Note: might bootloop once but it will boot regularly so I'd recommend to do factory reset with stock recovery (don't ask me why this could happen)
    D
    Deleted member 8892904
    Thx, seems like i have to test this rom.
    Maybe it will be the new king of the hill, that currently AOSPE6.1 is.
    When the next version is out, i will definitivly test it out. :D

Well I've been using it for the past 24 Hours and here's my two cents. Overall it's a great ROM. Smooth and has a somewhat better battery backup. In my testing battery life was the same for me as it was on AOSP Extended but then again I have heavy tweaks and Performance Mods. Aesthetically it's similar to both Pixys and AOSP Extended. By default there isn't much difference between the three. However, on the topic of themes, one thing I noticed is that you can't use system themes If you have Substratum. While on Pixys Substratum pretty much broke themes. On AOSP you can use them together so that's a plus. Other than that I've yet to find anything different between the three ROMs. They look & feel the same. They almost have the same performance and in the end it's personal preference. Arrow has a bit more customization options but the fact that they don't have a separate menu and are instead scattered among the different settings menus and sub menus so it's a bit difficult to find everything. Over all it's a great ROM. Didn't face any Bugs. Battery life is also good. Thanks @haky86 for this Amazing ROM. Your work is highly appreciated.

I don't know if you take request but could you please take a look at Havoc 2.0? I really like that but the GSI doesn't boot on Kirin devices. Thanks Hua**** for that. Again, thanks for all your work.
    ** Reserved **

Let's reserve one post, enjoy the rom.
    Thanks for the update, my only problem is still with my wired headphones if I push a button after that I disconnect no sound from speaker until I restart, think this is an old bug almost every rom have which I tried...