[ROM][DISCONTINUED][cedric][11] StellarOS 1.1 "Bellatrix" #RideIntoCosmos

Search This thread

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Hi,

Thank you for your work !
My questions may be slightly off-topic... and from a newbie but I am wondering why SafetyNet is OK on this ROM (checked with an application, without Magisk installed) BUT some applications still refuse to work or complain :
- WhatsApp just warns my device is not supported
- HID Approve (an MFA auth. app) refuses to run
- My banking app refuses to enable basic features at launch

What kind of checks have been implemented within these applications (are they well-known ?) and is there a way to workaround these issues ?

Otherwise, I could relock my bootloader and reinstall Oreo Stock but I tried many times a few months ago and never managed to do it without losing my IMEIs (I have not done EFS backups before installing MintOS...). Any suggestion to make this work without buying another phone ?

Thank you !
Is your device rooted at all?

If so the apps can detect you are rooted and they can detect that magisk is installed

So in magisk settings enable magisk hide
Also in magisk settings hide magisk with a random package name and call it something totally random (this will now be the name of the app)
Open the app back up and go to magisk hide and tick any app that detects root eg banking app

Force close any apps that were open and restart them

If that doesn't work you can try RevengeOS as I don't implement safetynet patches on that rom and then read the faqs about passing safetynet then do the above

If you are not rooted it maybe because the app can detect secure boot is not enforced. Flash magisk to patch boot.img and then do above to hide root

Reactions: alxsj

nift4

May 22, 2019
nift4.github.io
Moto G5
F(x)tec Pro1
Hi,

My questions may be slightly off-topic... and from a newbie but I am wondering why SafetyNet is OK on this ROM (checked with an application, without Magisk installed) BUT some applications still refuse to work or complain :

What kind of checks have been implemented within these applications (are they well-known ?) and is there a way to workaround these issues ?

Otherwise, I could relock my bootloader and reinstall Oreo Stock but I tried many times a few months ago and never managed to do it without losing my IMEIs (I have not done EFS backups before installing MintOS...). Any suggestion to make this work without buying another phone ?

Thank you !
Sure, just use Magisk Hide. Apps still detect this is a custom ROM, they check for more than just SafetyNet. I'll implement a fix in the next release that should make the need for Magisk Hide go away.

alxsj

Feb 25, 2021

If so the apps can detect you are rooted and they can detect that magisk is installed

Also in magisk settings hide magisk with a random package name and call it something totally random (this will now be the name of the app)
Open the app back up and go to magisk hide and tick any app that detects root eg banking app

If that doesn't work you can try RevengeOS as I don't implement safetynet patches on that rom and then read the faqs about passing safetynet then do the above

If you are not rooted it maybe because the app can detect secure boot is not enforced. Flash magisk to patch boot.img and then do above to hide root

Sure, just use Magisk Hide. Apps still detect this is a custom ROM, they check for more than just SafetyNet. I'll implement a fix in the next release that should make the need for Magisk Hide go away.
@nift4, @TheFixItMan , Thank you to both of you. Installing Magisk + Magisk Hide + Hiding root from applications did the trick.
However, one of my banking apps does not run anymore (no error message, it just closes after being run). I have to check logs...
@nift4, I will check for updates ! Does this ROM has OTA updates ?

nift4

May 22, 2019
nift4.github.io
Moto G5
F(x)tec Pro1
@nift4, @TheFixItMan , Thank you to both of you. Installing Magisk + Magisk Hide + Hiding root from applications did the trick.
However, one of my banking apps does not run anymore (no error message, it just closes after being run). I have to check logs...
Yes, but you need to install Lineage Recovery.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Try clearing data of the app or uninstall/reinstall (remember to tick app in magisk hide if you remove app and install again)

alxsj

Feb 25, 2021
Code:
FATAL EXCEPTION: main
Process: com.mbanking.canb, PID: 5815
gxpauyjjv.u: 00
    at gxpauyjjv.j.b(Unknown Source:191)
    at gxpauyjjv.j.a(Unknown Source:0)
    at java.lang.Runtime.nativeLoad(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Runtime.nativeLoad(Runtime.java:1131)
    at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:1085)
    at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:1008)
    at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1664)
    at gxpauyjjv.N.d(Unknown Source:8)
    at gxpauyjjv.P.a(Unknown Source:13)
    at gxpauyjjv.P.b(Unknown Source:24)
    at gxpauyjjv.P.b(Unknown Source:6)
    at gxpauyjjv.P.<clinit>(Unknown Source:0)
    at gxpauyjjv.P.b(Unknown Source:0)
    at androidx.core.app.CoreComponentFactory.<clinit>(Unknown Source:0)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Native Method)
    at android.app.LoadedApk.createAppFactory(LoadedApk.java:260)
    at android.app.LoadedApk.createOrUpdateClassLoaderLocked(LoadedApk.java:902)
    at android.app.LoadedApk.getClassLoader(LoadedApk.java:982)
    at android.app.LoadedApk.getResources(LoadedApk.java:1214)
    at android.app.ContextImpl.createAppContext(ContextImpl.java:2663)
    at android.app.ContextImpl.createAppContext(ContextImpl.java:2655)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:6602)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1300(ActivityThread.java:237)
    at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1913)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:223)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7664)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:594)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:947)
I cleared storage, tried, then installed/reinstalled, tried again with hiding/ then without hiding in Magisk... it seems there is a problem in the application itself ("CA nextbank"). After a second thought, I am not sure I have tried to launch this application on this ROM before installing Magisk (I tried 2 days ago on LOS 18.1 with no issue).

nift4

May 22, 2019
nift4.github.io
Moto G5
F(x)tec Pro1
Code:
FATAL EXCEPTION: main
Process: com.mbanking.canb, PID: 5815
gxpauyjjv.u: 00
    at gxpauyjjv.j.b(Unknown Source:191)
    at gxpauyjjv.j.a(Unknown Source:0)
    at java.lang.Runtime.nativeLoad(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Runtime.nativeLoad(Runtime.java:1131)
    at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:1085)
    at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:1008)
    at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1664)
    at gxpauyjjv.N.d(Unknown Source:8)
    at gxpauyjjv.P.a(Unknown Source:13)
    at gxpauyjjv.P.b(Unknown Source:24)
    at gxpauyjjv.P.b(Unknown Source:6)
    at gxpauyjjv.P.<clinit>(Unknown Source:0)
    at gxpauyjjv.P.b(Unknown Source:0)
    at androidx.core.app.CoreComponentFactory.<clinit>(Unknown Source:0)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Native Method)
    at android.app.LoadedApk.createAppFactory(LoadedApk.java:260)
    at android.app.LoadedApk.createOrUpdateClassLoaderLocked(LoadedApk.java:902)
    at android.app.LoadedApk.getClassLoader(LoadedApk.java:982)
    at android.app.LoadedApk.getResources(LoadedApk.java:1214)
    at android.app.ContextImpl.createAppContext(ContextImpl.java:2663)
    at android.app.ContextImpl.createAppContext(ContextImpl.java:2655)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:6602)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1300(ActivityThread.java:237)
    at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1913)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:223)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7664)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:594)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:947)
I cleared storage, tried, then installed/reinstalled, tried again with hiding/ then without hiding in Magisk... it seems there is a problem in the application itself ("CA nextbank"). After a second thought, I am not sure I have tried to launch this application on this ROM before installing Magisk (I tried 2 days ago on LOS 18.1 with no issue).
Bah, obfuscation - did you try to enable (or if it is enabled, disable) Magisk Hide for this application?

Ocxal46

May 10, 2015
This is the best ROM I ever tried. Based on lineage, far way smooth than the stock or any other project (I came from DotOs 3).
Until now, i haven't found bugs or something wrong, but i got some suggestions, things that i would like to see.
- Capabilty to edit recent apps menu (a direct kill all button or ram usage could be nice).
- || || installed apps, debloat manually something like the Google app or Youtube (I cant install vanced without getting it lost after a reboot, is the stock overwriting it?)

nift4

May 22, 2019
nift4.github.io
Moto G5
F(x)tec Pro1

Ocxal46

May 10, 2015
Clear all is coming, ram usage - I'll consider it

What do you mean?
I don't know, the first time I rebooted after the installation of Vanced, the Youtube stock app get back. Actually that doesnt happen, but the Vanced YTMusic app is still disappearing after a reboot.

And... Today i noticed a few bugs: When I record videos, the app randomly shuts down after 40 seconds of recording (the file video is still working). Other weird think is that Droidcam was working fine on my previus ROM, but now, the video constanly freezes or just stop working :/

nift4

May 22, 2019
nift4.github.io
Moto G5
F(x)tec Pro1
I don't know, the first time I rebooted after the installation of Vanced, the Youtube stock app get back. Actually that doesnt happen, but the Vanced YTMusic app is still disappearing after a reboot.

And... Today i noticed a few bugs: When I record videos, the app randomly shuts down after 40 seconds of recording (the file video is still working). Other weird think is that Droidcam was working fine on my previus ROM, but now, the video constanly freezes or just stop working :/
Please ask Vanced about that one, it's not a ROM problem.
About camera, it's working fine here - please provide logs.

Lorikaz

Feb 17, 2016
France
hey, I installed Stellar OS on my Moto G5 today, and everything seems perfect !

as @AndyFx12, I'm looking forward kernel update if it can reduce booting time.

now I encountered a real issue when I ran out of battery : when I plug in my USB cable, there's 2 scenarios :
  • when the phone is turned off, it takes 2 minutes before actually charging
  • when it's on, there's the "plugged in" animation, but the phone is not charging (the battery manager settings say "not charging"), still the eco battery settings are turned off because it's plugged ...
plus the battery is like super hot when it's charging ...

any suggests ?

EDIT : okay nevermind, I just activated "Smart charging" and "Smart cutoff" without understanding what it does ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiki Thorsen

Tiki Thorsen

Jan 27, 2017
Argentina
Moto Z3 Play
Is there a way to configure Lineage Recovery see the phone on Windows to transfer files like with TWRP?

And also, is there a way to use the fingerprint sensor to turn off the screen and lock it?

Last edited:

nift4

May 22, 2019
nift4.github.io
Moto G5
F(x)tec Pro1
Is there a way to configure Lineage Recovery see the phone on Windows to transfer files like with TWRP?

And also, is there a way to use the fingerprint sensor to turn off the screen and lock it?
nope, except about the fingerprint, you maybe have luck with this old app I made.

Attachments

• app-release(2).apk
    2.8 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: Tiki Thorsen

Ocxal46

May 10, 2015
Please ask Vanced about that one, it's not a ROM problem.
About camera, it's working fine here - please provide logs.
Could you help me to find the log logcat files? I got usual troubles with camera on Whatsapp, Droidcam,etc.
And, I find something annoying, but I don't know if the phone just can't handle it: when I am playing something like among us or snow bros on landscape mode, and then I lock the screen, it takes a long while to turn on again, and while, the UI rotates a couple of times or just won't appear.

nift4

May 22, 2019
nift4.github.io
Moto G5
F(x)tec Pro1
Could you help me to find the log logcat files? I got usual troubles with camera on Whatsapp, Droidcam,etc.
And, I find something annoying, but I don't know if the phone just can't handle it: when I am playing something like among us or snow bros on landscape mode, and then I lock the screen, it takes a long while to turn on again, and while, the UI rotates a couple of times or just won't appear.
I need logs for both situations - you can catch logs with adb logcat

Ocxal46

May 10, 2015
I need logs for both situations - you can catch logs with adb logcat
There are the logcat files, im not sure about if the GBWhatsapp one shows the camera bug, but the one of from Droidcam probably got the info, because I tried the app before obtaining the log.

Attachments

• DROIDCAM- logcat_09-13-2021_12-44-13.txt
    5.7 KB · Views: 3

Ocxal46

May 10, 2015

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warning: bugs and outdated SP ahead...
    125198260-75250e80-e261-11eb-95e7-8cf10619b24a.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is... still valid?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Stellar OS is an optimized LineageOS-based Android aftermarket firmware with extra features, developed by people all over the world.
    Quoting the LineageOS description:
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    We offer vanilla and gapps variants. If you install a vanilla variant, the only supported Gapps package is MindTheGapps (gapps builds are not available for a few devices due to space issues).

Download & instructions:
    Build 23th September 2021
    • 1.1 source update (September SP + new features)
    • Fixed fast charging display

Vanilla | Gapps

Old releases:
    Build 12th August 2021
    • Initial release
    • If you are coming from an older build (beta testers), clean flash is required
    Vanilla | Gapps

IMPORTANT: If you are coming from another ROM, you need to format data (there where you type yes in twrp).
    IMPORTANT: OTA updates require enabling recovery update in Setup Wizard (or, if you already set your device up developer options) - they do not support TWRP.

About:
    Features:

• All Mint 2.1 features
    • September security patch
    • SafetyNet passing WITHOUT Magisk Hide
    • Many optimizations
    • New wallpapers & bootanimation
    • QS customization (tint, rows customizer, data usage)
    • Status bar customization (4G/LTE toggle, new NFC & VoLTE icons)
    • Kill app from notification
    • Notification pulse
    • KitKat-style notification ticker
    • Screenshot sound toggle
    • Per-app volume
    • WiFi & Bluetooth timeout
    • Stellar Tweaks customization section
    • Navbar Tuner
    • Improved Trebuchet+
    • OmniJaws weather service
    • Many lockscreen clocks
    • Statusbar ticker
    • Signed official builds
    • Smart Charging & Cutoff
    • Sensor, Wakelock and Alarm blocker
    • Battery info on lockscreen
    • Improved microG support (signature spoofing, location support)
    • ...and more (we accept suggestions)
    The focus for the inital release was an neccessary set of tweaks and optimizing android.

What's working:
    • WiFi
    • Camera and Camcorder
    • Bluetooth
    • Fingerprint - Oreo firmware required
    • GPS
    • OTG
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • VoLTE
    • USB tethering/audio
    • SELinux: Enforcing
    Bugs:
    • You tell me
    Sources are available at https://github.com/Stellar-OS and https://github.com/Stellar-Devices
    Screenshots from ocean are attached

ROM OS Version: 1.0
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.140
    ROM Firmware Required: Must be on latest Oreo Stock firmware
    Based On: LineageOS 18.1

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 1.0
    SELinux Status: Enforced
    Release Date: 15th August 2021
    Hi,

Thank you !

hey, I installed Stellar OS on my Moto G5 today, and everything seems perfect !

as @AndyFx12, I'm looking forward kernel update if it can reduce booting time.

now I encountered a real issue when I ran out of battery : when I plug in my USB cable, there's 2 scenarios :
    • when the phone is turned off, it takes 2 minutes before actually charging
    • when it's on, there's the "plugged in" animation, but the phone is not charging (the battery manager settings say "not charging"), still the eco battery settings are turned off because it's plugged ...
    plus the battery is like super hot when it's charging ...

any suggests ?

EDIT : okay nevermind, I just activated "Smart charging" and "Smart cutoff" without understanding what it does ...

nope, except about the fingerprint, you maybe have luck with this old app I made.