[ROM] [DISCONTINUED] idprophecy's unofficial optimized LineageOS 15.1 builds

Search This thread

idprophecy

Feb 23, 2012
Slovakia
Hello, I've been building LineageOS 15.1 nightlies just for my experimental purposes. After running this for a few weeks, I decided to share it with you guys. Can be used as a daily driver, but it is experimental due to my changes.

FEATURES:
CAUTION: SMOOTHNESS REDEFINED !!!
(The main goal is to bring performance improvements without affecting the battery life)
  • Snapdragon LLVM Compiler 4.0.14 (target)
  • The latest Google's Clang (host)
  • Bleeding edge GCC 7.x toolchain based on UBER (components like gcc, isl, gmp, mpc, mpfr, etc. are always up to date)
  • Custom externals (mainly from BenzoRoms sources, it is more up to date and optimized)
    • SQLite, Skia, Libpng, Jemalloc, Bionic, zlib, libjpeg-turbo
  • Kernel with optimizations, additional tweaks and updates
    • based on the LineageOS 15.1 kernel, also I suggest to use this, the stock one
  • UBER-ified JustArchi's ArchiDroid Optimizations (partially because of soong)
    • O3, Graphite, Strict Aliasing, OpenMP, etc.
  • SDCLANG LTO implemented and applied on several parts which have impact on performance (won't be that soon, again because of soong)
  • Patches related to overall responsiveness, smoothness and user experience
  • A few additional practical settings/tweaks
  • OTA Updates
  • Kexec-hardboot patch merged
  • microG GmsCore should work (not tested)
  • OMS support with pre-baked Substratum app and ThemeInterfacer
  • I try to compile builds as soon as there are new updates available using Arch Linux environment (full clobber after previous build)
Everything else is exactly like in the official LineageOS builds.

CHANGELOG:
This ROM is from the biggest part identical with LineageOS since it's been based on it.
If there is some change from non LineageOS side, I will let you know. Otherwise you can check ROM changes in the LineageOS changelog.

BUGS
:
Same as on the LineageOS:

DOWNLOADS
MEGA FOLDER (primary)
ANDROID FILE HOST (mirrors, can be delayed)
OpenGApps

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Same as for the LineageOS

• NOTE: I recommend using the latest TWRP, I personally use one made by Kutep0v, it works just fine.
  • 1. (Optional) Nandroid Backup
  • 2. Be sure you are using a right firmware
  • 3. WIPE OPTIONS
    • a) Clean flash (if coming from an another ROM or the OFFICIAL LINEAGEOS 15.1 due to a signature)
      • Factory Reset, Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik
    • b) Wipe System, Cache, Dalvik (optional, might help in rare situations sometimes)
    • c) Dirty flash (without wiping anything, just flashing)
  • 4. Flash ROM
  • 5. (Optional) Flash GApps (OpenGApps recommended)
  • 6. (Optional) Flash Custom Kernel (stock is recommended)
  • 7. (Optional) Flash Magisk as a root solution (or something else)
  • 8. Reboot
SOURCES
ROM
KERNEL

LineageOS

NOTE: Please consider before reporting a bug if it is regarded on official LineageOS too or not. Also do not report bugs running mods, some tweaks or custom kernels or I don't know what. Anyway, feel free to PM me in case of question, suggestion, etc. I am willing to help.

Huge thanks to LineageOS, JustArchi, BenzoRom, Flash-ROM, AOSPA, Matssa56, Substratum, Qualcomm, DU, FranciscoFranco, sultanxda, crdroid, PureNexus, los-kenzo, pav2805, shantur, RomHut, Matthew Booth, UBERROMS and to all people who has been reporting bugs, giving me suggestions or just for even small "thank you". Many of features have been added due to requests by you guys (mostly @Gawd). You're part of these builds too!

Stay fab!
P.S. do not call me a dev.

Last edited:

idprophecy

Feb 23, 2012
Slovakia
UPCOMING CHANGES/IN TESTING:
- DISCONTINUED

CHANGELOG (from non-LineageOS side)

As of the
19th October 2018
- Update SQLite (3.25.2)
- Update Google Clang (r339409b)
27th September 2018
- Update SQLite (3.25.1)
- Update Google Clang (r339409)
2nd August 2018
- Update libjpeg-turbo (2.0.0)
- Update libpng (1.6.35)
2nd July 2018
- Update SQLite (3.24.0)
28th June 2018
- Stability fix (now for sure)
27th June 2018
- Stability fix (or not)
24th June 2018
- Switch to the newer Snapdragon LLVM Compiler and GCC 7
18th June 2018
- Initial Oreo release

Last edited:

idprophecy

Feb 23, 2012
Slovakia
Can you share the kernel? And how is it different from @erorcun's

Thanks.
Same as from @erorcun. Nothing special changed. Just a few optimizations and compiled using the same toolchain as ROM is compiled in. My builds are in exact MEGA FOLDER in which ROM is. They've been there for really long time (first anykernel builds with ramdisk fixes). I had no time to update it, maybe during this week. (But it is not what this thread is about) :)

Last edited:

gulp79

Jul 22, 2013
Rome
I'm trying to install the idprophecy 20170125 build over official LineageOS 20170123 but in twrp i got this error:

Can't install this package on top of incompatible data.
Please try another package or run a factory reset
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
Error installing zip file lineage-14.1-20170125-UNOFFICIAL-bacon.zip"

Why is incompatible? Isn't a LineageOS build?

Mecca EL

Dec 26, 2014
Raleigh
I'm trying to install the idprophecy 20170125 build over official LineageOS 20170123 but in twrp i got this error:

Most likely a signature error.

Reactions: idprophecy

nolsen311

Oct 16, 2007
Olympia, WA

These are due to the data changes, probably signature, in the "official" lineage builds. Once you switch to the official builds, you'll probably have to stay there unless you want to factory reset.

That's the purpose of the experimental builds posted by lineage, to migrate data. Going backwards is probably not going to work.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Reactions: idprophecy and Gawd

idprophecy

Feb 23, 2012
Slovakia
These are due to the data changes, probably signature, in the "official" lineage builds. Once you switch to the official builds, you'll probably have to stay there unless you want to factory reset.

That's the purpose of the experimental builds posted by lineage, to migrate data. Going backwards is probably not going to work.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Good point, forgot to mention, added to OP.

Gawd

Jan 26, 2015
I have been using your kernel for about 2 days now, and maa..an that is so smooth. I can definitely observe better memory management. Using it with the official LineageOS nightly.
Would have to try this ROM definitely, can't say about it now.

Your 3.10 kernel is lit. ?

69gm

Jun 27, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
I have been using your kernel for about 2 days now, and maa..an that is so smooth. I can definitely observe better memory management. Using it with the official LineageOS nightly.
Would have to try this ROM definitely, can't say about it now.

Your 3.10 kernel is lit.

Which one are you using? Just noticed that linaro 5 is newer than linaro 6...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, I've been building LineageOS 15.1 nightlies just for my experimental purposes. After running this for a few weeks, I decided to share it with you guys. Can be used as a daily driver, but it is experimental due to my changes.

FEATURES:
    CAUTION: SMOOTHNESS REDEFINED !!!
    (The main goal is to bring performance improvements without affecting the battery life)
    • Snapdragon LLVM Compiler 4.0.14 (target)
    • The latest Google's Clang (host)
    • Bleeding edge GCC 7.x toolchain based on UBER (components like gcc, isl, gmp, mpc, mpfr, etc. are always up to date)
    • Custom externals (mainly from BenzoRoms sources, it is more up to date and optimized)
      • SQLite, Skia, Libpng, Jemalloc, Bionic, zlib, libjpeg-turbo
    • Kernel with optimizations, additional tweaks and updates
      • based on the LineageOS 15.1 kernel, also I suggest to use this, the stock one
    • UBER-ified JustArchi's ArchiDroid Optimizations (partially because of soong)
      • O3, Graphite, Strict Aliasing, OpenMP, etc.
    • SDCLANG LTO implemented and applied on several parts which have impact on performance (won't be that soon, again because of soong)
    • Patches related to overall responsiveness, smoothness and user experience
    • A few additional practical settings/tweaks
    • OTA Updates
    • Kexec-hardboot patch merged
    • microG GmsCore should work (not tested)
    • OMS support with pre-baked Substratum app and ThemeInterfacer
    • I try to compile builds as soon as there are new updates available using Arch Linux environment (full clobber after previous build)
    Everything else is exactly like in the official LineageOS builds.

CHANGELOG:
    This ROM is from the biggest part identical with LineageOS since it's been based on it.
    If there is some change from non LineageOS side, I will let you know. Otherwise you can check ROM changes in the LineageOS changelog.

BUGS
    :
    Same as on the LineageOS:

DOWNLOADS
    MEGA FOLDER (primary)
    ANDROID FILE HOST (mirrors, can be delayed)
    OpenGApps

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    Same as for the LineageOS

• NOTE: I recommend using the latest TWRP, I personally use one made by Kutep0v, it works just fine.
    • 1. (Optional) Nandroid Backup
    • 2. Be sure you are using a right firmware
    • 3. WIPE OPTIONS
      • a) Clean flash (if coming from an another ROM or the OFFICIAL LINEAGEOS 15.1 due to a signature)
        • Factory Reset, Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik
      • b) Wipe System, Cache, Dalvik (optional, might help in rare situations sometimes)
      • c) Dirty flash (without wiping anything, just flashing)
    • 4. Flash ROM
    • 5. (Optional) Flash GApps (OpenGApps recommended)
    • 6. (Optional) Flash Custom Kernel (stock is recommended)
    • 7. (Optional) Flash Magisk as a root solution (or something else)
    • 8. Reboot
    SOURCES
    ROM
    KERNEL

LineageOS

NOTE: Please consider before reporting a bug if it is regarded on official LineageOS too or not. Also do not report bugs running mods, some tweaks or custom kernels or I don't know what. Anyway, feel free to PM me in case of question, suggestion, etc. I am willing to help.

Huge thanks to LineageOS, JustArchi, BenzoRom, Flash-ROM, AOSPA, Matssa56, Substratum, Qualcomm, DU, FranciscoFranco, sultanxda, crdroid, PureNexus, los-kenzo, pav2805, shantur, RomHut, Matthew Booth, UBERROMS and to all people who has been reporting bugs, giving me suggestions or just for even small "thank you". Many of features have been added due to requests by you guys (mostly @Gawd). You're part of these builds too!

Stay fab!
    P.S. do not call me a dev.
    UPCOMING CHANGES/IN TESTING:
    - DISCONTINUED

CHANGELOG (from non-LineageOS side)

As of the
    19th October 2018
    - Update SQLite (3.25.2)
    - Update Google Clang (r339409b)
    27th September 2018
    - Update SQLite (3.25.1)
    - Update Google Clang (r339409)
    2nd August 2018
    - Update libjpeg-turbo (2.0.0)
    - Update libpng (1.6.35)
    2nd July 2018
    - Update SQLite (3.24.0)
    28th June 2018
    - Stability fix (now for sure)
    27th June 2018
    - Stability fix (or not)
    24th June 2018
    - Switch to the newer Snapdragon LLVM Compiler and GCC 7
    18th June 2018
    - Initial Oreo release
    Hello there,

Build with november security patches is going to be the last one (EDIT: or not, had to clean local repos up due to small space on drive for stuff I need currently). My OPO is coming to the end of its life and I also don't have that much time to fix stuff due to college, just to repo sync very rarely. If you want something similar to my builds, maybe even better, go for @Tomoms's builds.

Thank you guys, was pleasure to share my builds with you. :eek:

Martin.
    I would like to clarify some things just a bit since everything has been said in posts by @pranavthombare and @Gawd (and also others) for which I am grateful. Therefore there is no necessity to write about many of things. Also I didn't have time to express this that widely.

So just in short (or not) about features. I am not able to grand everyone's suit even if I want to. Everybody's taste is different. At first, suggested things, which I find useful for me, are usually added if I am able to. There are some exceptions, like OMS which I don't use, but it is must have nowadays for some users so it can be respected. Also it can be just frozen/ignored, I don't care about a few mbs used by that. Internal OMS changes can affect (I mean bugs) system just slightly.

The one from things which are not switchable is Pixel stuff. People who don't like it are just unlucky. I like those round icons, navbar is useless for me since we have had buttons on OPO, but it wouldn't bother me too.

Also I would satisfy just with feature level of LineageOS with optimizations, but now I use many of added things suggested by you guys. Disregarding all additional features, I still find my builds with not that much things in there. It is always up to you if you will use my builds or not. I like doing it.

That's all from me. Let's close this annoying discussion and continue in there like before (there is such a mess). :)

Stay fab!
    Martin.
    Hello there, just want to say, new stuff is coming soon. :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone