[ROM] [DISCONTINUED] idprophecy's unofficial optimized LineageOS 15.1 builds

Search This thread

valvze

Feb 24, 2017
idprophecy, can you add smartmax?
Alucard and Adreno Idler would be ever better.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Does this ROM support OTA's? I'm a bit confused. The OTA section says nothing about having support being cut off due to it being unofficla but I'm unsure. Thanks btw, ROM was exactly what I needed for a while.

idprophecy

Feb 23, 2012
Slovakia
idprophecy, can you add smartmax?
Yes, I can, but I don't think it would perform better than on default settings.
Does this ROM support OTA's? I'm a bit confused. The OTA section says nothing about having support being cut off due to it being unofficla but I'm unsure. Thanks btw, ROM was exactly what I needed for a while.
It doesn't support OTA like on the nougat builds currently. It will in the future (including plenty of features from nougat I was using). Don't know when.

valvze

Feb 24, 2017

It doesn't support OTA like on the nougat builds currently. It will in the future (including plenty of features from nougat I was using). Don't know when.
Thanks for the response, can't wait for the OTA's

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Also, what toolchain do you suggest me to use to compile the kernel for myself and add my own tweaks? Thanks I'd!

hikumo

Jul 13, 2017

thank you. It would be really helpful for me if you can add smartmax (and alucard?)… to get more SOT. I just want to use stock kernel. love your LOS build

Reactions: idprophecy

Biiz

Jan 26, 2015
@catxda suggested me this rom and here i am trying it.
Installation went without issue, restoring data from the cloud either.
@idprophecy can you remove (by default) some of the bloatware that comes with LOS? I mean do we really need the 'email' app? Or the Calendar? There is even a browser but chrome is a far superior one..

kewinhw

Mar 30, 2017
@idprophecy can you remove (by default) some of the bloatware that comes with LOS? I mean do we really need the 'email' app? Or the Calendar? There is even a browser but chrome is a far superior one..

if you are rooted i you are free to remove them yourself :) some of us don't like google's apps so those stock aosp apps i think they can be called are golden.

Last edited:

idprophecy

Feb 23, 2012
Slovakia

I agree with @kewinhw, those apps doesn't affect system that much and also they're not that big to be removed, but what about that browser, yes, I've never been using jelly (really useless for me). I will probably switch to the aosp one like I did on nougat builds (not saying I will use this one, but it is a bit smaller app, and it is good to have some out of box just in case. I freeze these stock browsers (including jelly) anyway).
The second is the music player (eleven) which I find totally useless, so I will probably remove it.
Stuff like Calendar, AudioFX or Email (exchange) and other stock apps, these I will keep like they are.
Anyway, guys, please let me know what do you think about this. Thank you.

Last edited:

JT1510365

Jan 7, 2014
South Lyon
I agree with @kewinhw, those apps doesn't affect system that much and also they're not that big to be removed, but what about that browser, yes, I've never been using jelly (really useless for me). I will probably switch to the aosp one like I did on nougat builds (not saying I will use this one, but it is a bit smaller app, and it is good to have some out of box just in case. I freeze these stock browsers (including jelly) anyway).
The second is the music player (eleven) which I find totally useless, so I will probably remove it.
Stuff like Calendar, AudioFX or Email (exchange) and other stock apps, these I will keep like they are.
Anyway, guys, please let me know what do you think about this. Thank you.

i love the eleven music player though and the jelly browser so dont remove these. These can be removed yourself with a root file manager and its not hard to do. I dont get why people want to remove apps in this rom that arent bloatware. None of the apps in this rom are considered bloatware

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

None of the apps included in this rom are considered bloatware. Bloatware apps are apps you can get from the play store only

Reactions: kewinhw

Biiz

Jan 26, 2015
btw after almost a week the rom feels stable (no reboot or fc of some application) and the battery is good! (given the fact that my battery is almost 4 year old)

i'm just having trouble with google assistant, i can't get it to work listening on my command, in particular i can't set the "ok google" voice match detection, i searched alot but there is no way to enable the recognition on every screen/apps

se7enlyn

Nov 9, 2015
btw after almost a week the rom feels stable (no reboot or fc of some application) and the battery is good! (given the fact that my battery is almost 4 year old)

i'm just having trouble with google assistant, i can't get it to work listening on my command, in particular i can't set the "ok google" voice match detection, i searched alot but there is no way to enable the recognition on every screen/apps

What kind of Gapps did you flash?

Bluffer94

Mar 2, 2013
Hey there, I flashed this rom couple of weeks ago and did the update to the august build and I'm still very pleased.

Just one thing is bothering me, the charging speed. I know others have criticised it already and idprophecy replied and recommend a new charger and even changed something in the current build, but unfortunately still suffer slow charging. I use a quality charger and a quality cable. With most other ROMs I don't have this issue.

I don't want to wail around, but just mentioning that I have this problem and asking politely if something could be changed in future builds.

I respect the devs work and his decision.

Gesendet von meinem A0001 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: idprophecy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, I've been building LineageOS 15.1 nightlies just for my experimental purposes. After running this for a few weeks, I decided to share it with you guys. Can be used as a daily driver, but it is experimental due to my changes.

FEATURES:
    CAUTION: SMOOTHNESS REDEFINED !!!
    (The main goal is to bring performance improvements without affecting the battery life)
    • Snapdragon LLVM Compiler 4.0.14 (target)
    • The latest Google's Clang (host)
    • Bleeding edge GCC 7.x toolchain based on UBER (components like gcc, isl, gmp, mpc, mpfr, etc. are always up to date)
    • Custom externals (mainly from BenzoRoms sources, it is more up to date and optimized)
      • SQLite, Skia, Libpng, Jemalloc, Bionic, zlib, libjpeg-turbo
    • Kernel with optimizations, additional tweaks and updates
      • based on the LineageOS 15.1 kernel, also I suggest to use this, the stock one
    • UBER-ified JustArchi's ArchiDroid Optimizations (partially because of soong)
      • O3, Graphite, Strict Aliasing, OpenMP, etc.
    • SDCLANG LTO implemented and applied on several parts which have impact on performance (won't be that soon, again because of soong)
    • Patches related to overall responsiveness, smoothness and user experience
    • A few additional practical settings/tweaks
    • OTA Updates
    • Kexec-hardboot patch merged
    • microG GmsCore should work (not tested)
    • OMS support with pre-baked Substratum app and ThemeInterfacer
    • I try to compile builds as soon as there are new updates available using Arch Linux environment (full clobber after previous build)
    Everything else is exactly like in the official LineageOS builds.

CHANGELOG:
    This ROM is from the biggest part identical with LineageOS since it's been based on it.
    If there is some change from non LineageOS side, I will let you know. Otherwise you can check ROM changes in the LineageOS changelog.

BUGS
    :
    Same as on the LineageOS:

DOWNLOADS
    MEGA FOLDER (primary)
    ANDROID FILE HOST (mirrors, can be delayed)
    OpenGApps

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    Same as for the LineageOS

• NOTE: I recommend using the latest TWRP, I personally use one made by Kutep0v, it works just fine.
    • 1. (Optional) Nandroid Backup
    • 2. Be sure you are using a right firmware
    • 3. WIPE OPTIONS
      • a) Clean flash (if coming from an another ROM or the OFFICIAL LINEAGEOS 15.1 due to a signature)
        • Factory Reset, Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik
      • b) Wipe System, Cache, Dalvik (optional, might help in rare situations sometimes)
      • c) Dirty flash (without wiping anything, just flashing)
    • 4. Flash ROM
    • 5. (Optional) Flash GApps (OpenGApps recommended)
    • 6. (Optional) Flash Custom Kernel (stock is recommended)
    • 7. (Optional) Flash Magisk as a root solution (or something else)
    • 8. Reboot
    SOURCES
    ROM
    KERNEL

LineageOS

NOTE: Please consider before reporting a bug if it is regarded on official LineageOS too or not. Also do not report bugs running mods, some tweaks or custom kernels or I don't know what. Anyway, feel free to PM me in case of question, suggestion, etc. I am willing to help.

Huge thanks to LineageOS, JustArchi, BenzoRom, Flash-ROM, AOSPA, Matssa56, Substratum, Qualcomm, DU, FranciscoFranco, sultanxda, crdroid, PureNexus, los-kenzo, pav2805, shantur, RomHut, Matthew Booth, UBERROMS and to all people who has been reporting bugs, giving me suggestions or just for even small "thank you". Many of features have been added due to requests by you guys (mostly @Gawd). You're part of these builds too!

Stay fab!
    P.S. do not call me a dev.
    UPCOMING CHANGES/IN TESTING:
    - DISCONTINUED

CHANGELOG (from non-LineageOS side)

As of the
    19th October 2018
    - Update SQLite (3.25.2)
    - Update Google Clang (r339409b)
    27th September 2018
    - Update SQLite (3.25.1)
    - Update Google Clang (r339409)
    2nd August 2018
    - Update libjpeg-turbo (2.0.0)
    - Update libpng (1.6.35)
    2nd July 2018
    - Update SQLite (3.24.0)
    28th June 2018
    - Stability fix (now for sure)
    27th June 2018
    - Stability fix (or not)
    24th June 2018
    - Switch to the newer Snapdragon LLVM Compiler and GCC 7
    18th June 2018
    - Initial Oreo release
    Hello there,

Build with november security patches is going to be the last one (EDIT: or not, had to clean local repos up due to small space on drive for stuff I need currently). My OPO is coming to the end of its life and I also don't have that much time to fix stuff due to college, just to repo sync very rarely. If you want something similar to my builds, maybe even better, go for @Tomoms's builds.

Thank you guys, was pleasure to share my builds with you. :eek:

Martin.
    I would like to clarify some things just a bit since everything has been said in posts by @pranavthombare and @Gawd (and also others) for which I am grateful. Therefore there is no necessity to write about many of things. Also I didn't have time to express this that widely.

So just in short (or not) about features. I am not able to grand everyone's suit even if I want to. Everybody's taste is different. At first, suggested things, which I find useful for me, are usually added if I am able to. There are some exceptions, like OMS which I don't use, but it is must have nowadays for some users so it can be respected. Also it can be just frozen/ignored, I don't care about a few mbs used by that. Internal OMS changes can affect (I mean bugs) system just slightly.

The one from things which are not switchable is Pixel stuff. People who don't like it are just unlucky. I like those round icons, navbar is useless for me since we have had buttons on OPO, but it wouldn't bother me too.

Also I would satisfy just with feature level of LineageOS with optimizations, but now I use many of added things suggested by you guys. Disregarding all additional features, I still find my builds with not that much things in there. It is always up to you if you will use my builds or not. I like doing it.

That's all from me. Let's close this annoying discussion and continue in there like before (there is such a mess). :)

Stay fab!
    Martin.
    Hello there, just want to say, new stuff is coming soon. :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone