[ROM] [DISCONTINUED] idprophecy's unofficial optimized LineageOS 15.1 builds

Search This thread

idprophecy

Feb 23, 2012
Slovakia
I'm on the official Los Rom, HDR does work in snap camera and does also work on bacon camera (halts that app when you use HDR though)
Bacon camera halts here too. Snap on the other hand doesn't halt, but it takes two photos, one brighter and more saturated, the second darker. That's how I meant it's been broken. Is it like that on the official too (just to be sure)? Thanks.

Reactions: Segner and Thanhbat

twowheeler

Sep 4, 2011
Bacon camera halts here too. Snap on the other hand doesn't halt, but it takes two photos, one brighter and more saturated, the second darker. That's how I meant it's been broken. Is it like that on the official too (just to be sure)? Thanks.
Yep same, but I'm not sure if it's broken, it looks kinda HDR like. From a camera standpoint the darker picture has been taken (HDR normally takes a high exposure and low exposure and combines them) but it's not normal to store either of them. Kinda stupid cause I always end up deleting one of them.

Might be worth a bug report? I don't have a Jira account though

Reactions: idprophecy

idprophecy

Feb 23, 2012
Slovakia
Yep same, but I'm not sure if it's broken, it looks kinda HDR like. From a camera standpoint the darker picture has been taken (HDR normally takes a high exposure and low exposure and combines them) but it's not normal to store either of them. Kinda stupid cause I always end up deleting one of them.

Might be worth a bug report? I don't have a Jira account though
That's how HDR works. Output should be one picture made by joining those two (I guess). And yes, the brighter one looks like it is HDR, but overally it looks too much saturated and bright in a wrong way. Therefore it definetely doesn't work properly. Bug report would be fine (if there isn't already one, edit: yep, they already know about that). I'll look on it when I'll get on computer. Thank you again for checking it (at least I know I didn't screw it up :D).

Last edited:

Dolphine_80

Jun 19, 2018
Kiskunfélegyháza
I really like roms, but there is some problem. :(
The battery drain too much in the night. With off display (no WiFi, no MobilData) 7-10%. I think that's too much. :(
Do you have any idea what the problem?
It does not seem to be a deep sleep.

Syaani

Mar 5, 2015
I really like roms, but there is some problem. :(
The battery drain too much in the night. With off display (no WiFi, no MobilData) 7-10%. I think that's too much. :(
Do you have any idea what the problem?
It does not seem to be a deep sleep.
How old is your battery? And would you like to show us your battery graph? There might be some tricks to increase battery life on idle.

Biiz

Jan 26, 2015
If I understood right this "mirror" bug on Whatsapp is the same that has been around since Marshmallow days. Is the uploading problem only that you can't preview video but it will be send correctly?

yes it can't preview!
@idprophecy here's the news: the google assistant showed up from nowhere with a notification asking me to enable it, i've recorded the voice 4 times and now i can use it everywhere. But, since i've reinstalled the rom with nano GApps i'm having lots of reboot, lag and so

can i help you in some way?

Dolphine_80

Jun 19, 2018
Kiskunfélegyháza
The battery is three years old.
I don't understand that after full charge, the battery drain only 2 percent, yesterday 10! :(
Is that what?! What's going on in the background?
What are the tricks? :)

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_3C_Battery_Monitor_Pro_20180827-170851.jpg
    Screenshot_3C_Battery_Monitor_Pro_20180827-170851.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 209
  • Screenshot_3C_Battery_Monitor_Pro_20180827-171453.jpg
    Screenshot_3C_Battery_Monitor_Pro_20180827-171453.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 183
  • Screenshot_AccuBattery_20180827-170822.png
    Screenshot_AccuBattery_20180827-170822.png
    225.6 KB · Views: 203

Syaani

Mar 5, 2015
The battery is three years old.
I don't understand that after full charge, the battery drain only 2 percent, yesterday 10! :(
Is that what?! What's going on in the background?
What are the tricks? :)
If you are rooted, you could use Magisk module named Sysconfig patcher so you can enable doze for Google Play services. It might be one of the biggest background services that isn't letting your device sleep sometimes. But you should also show your system's battery graph so we could analyse better the usage.

Dolphine_80

Jun 19, 2018
Kiskunfélegyháza
If you are rooted, you could use Magisk module named Sysconfig patcher so you can enable doze for Google Play services. It might be one of the biggest background services that isn't letting your device sleep sometimes. But you should also show your system's battery graph so we could analyse better the usage.

Yes. my phone is rooted.
But you should also show your system's battery graph so we could analyse better the usage. How can I do it? Which app?

idprophecy

Feb 23, 2012
Slovakia
yes it can't preview!

@idprophecy here's the news: the google assistant showed up from nowhere with a notification asking me to enable it, i've recorded the voice 4 times and now i can use it everywhere. But, since i've reinstalled the rom with nano GApps i'm having lots of reboot, lag and so

can i help you in some way?
Maybe flash the rom cleanly again, it might do the thing. I haven't faced any reboot yet, don't know what causes it for you. If you could post logs there, it would be great. Might be helpful, maybe I'll find there something.

Reactions: Segner and Thanhbat

dev0lver

Apr 20, 2013
Čakovec
That's how HDR works. Output should be one picture made by joining those two (I guess). And yes, the brighter one looks like it is HDR, but overally it looks too much saturated and bright in a wrong way. Therefore it definetely doesn't work properly. Bug report would be fine (if there isn't already one). I'll look on it when I'll get on computer. Thank you again for checking it (at least I know I didn't screw it up :D).
If you can manage to fix hdr, that would be awesome :D
Only way to bypass that hdr problem for now, is to use some app like Snapseed (for editing photos) and to combine those 2 photos in double exposure (which hdr does, takes 2 photos with different exposure, and then combines them)
For first try of that manually, result is nice after some tinkering, buy it takes away for point and shoot option which a lot of people use...

twowheeler

Sep 4, 2011
If you can manage to fix hdr, that would be awesome :D
Only way to bypass that hdr problem for now, is to use some app like Snapseed (for editing photos) and to combine those 2 photos in double exposure (which hdr does, takes 2 photos with different exposure, and then combines them)
For first try of that manually, result is nice after some tinkering, buy it takes away for point and shoot option which a lot of people use...

HDR is kinda usable. But it just acts way too extreme. I don't have a Jira account, but this is worth making one for

idprophecy

Feb 23, 2012
Slovakia
Reactions: Segner and Syaani

effry

Mar 14, 2011
Milan
Oh, I thought you mean video recording via snap. Nothing I can do with this currently, we just have to wait.

Then we'll wait :) .
BTW, regarding the frequency problem, for some reason if you use "Trickster MOD" app from the play store, everything works correctly. I also checked logcat and there isn't any spam log regarding mp-decision. Maybe this could be a starting point for tracing this bug.

ConnerJSP

Jun 19, 2016
Florida
Photos

My photos that I copied into the default "Picture" folder don't show up in the Google photos app, only pictures taken with the camera do. I am pretty sure that in the past it would display any picture put on the device.

Is anyone else having this issue; any solutions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, I've been building LineageOS 15.1 nightlies just for my experimental purposes. After running this for a few weeks, I decided to share it with you guys. Can be used as a daily driver, but it is experimental due to my changes.

FEATURES:
    CAUTION: SMOOTHNESS REDEFINED !!!
    (The main goal is to bring performance improvements without affecting the battery life)
    • Snapdragon LLVM Compiler 4.0.14 (target)
    • The latest Google's Clang (host)
    • Bleeding edge GCC 7.x toolchain based on UBER (components like gcc, isl, gmp, mpc, mpfr, etc. are always up to date)
    • Custom externals (mainly from BenzoRoms sources, it is more up to date and optimized)
      • SQLite, Skia, Libpng, Jemalloc, Bionic, zlib, libjpeg-turbo
    • Kernel with optimizations, additional tweaks and updates
      • based on the LineageOS 15.1 kernel, also I suggest to use this, the stock one
    • UBER-ified JustArchi's ArchiDroid Optimizations (partially because of soong)
      • O3, Graphite, Strict Aliasing, OpenMP, etc.
    • SDCLANG LTO implemented and applied on several parts which have impact on performance (won't be that soon, again because of soong)
    • Patches related to overall responsiveness, smoothness and user experience
    • A few additional practical settings/tweaks
    • OTA Updates
    • Kexec-hardboot patch merged
    • microG GmsCore should work (not tested)
    • OMS support with pre-baked Substratum app and ThemeInterfacer
    • I try to compile builds as soon as there are new updates available using Arch Linux environment (full clobber after previous build)
    Everything else is exactly like in the official LineageOS builds.

CHANGELOG:
    This ROM is from the biggest part identical with LineageOS since it's been based on it.
    If there is some change from non LineageOS side, I will let you know. Otherwise you can check ROM changes in the LineageOS changelog.

BUGS
    :
    Same as on the LineageOS:

DOWNLOADS
    MEGA FOLDER (primary)
    ANDROID FILE HOST (mirrors, can be delayed)
    OpenGApps

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    Same as for the LineageOS

• NOTE: I recommend using the latest TWRP, I personally use one made by Kutep0v, it works just fine.
    • 1. (Optional) Nandroid Backup
    • 2. Be sure you are using a right firmware
    • 3. WIPE OPTIONS
      • a) Clean flash (if coming from an another ROM or the OFFICIAL LINEAGEOS 15.1 due to a signature)
        • Factory Reset, Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik
      • b) Wipe System, Cache, Dalvik (optional, might help in rare situations sometimes)
      • c) Dirty flash (without wiping anything, just flashing)
    • 4. Flash ROM
    • 5. (Optional) Flash GApps (OpenGApps recommended)
    • 6. (Optional) Flash Custom Kernel (stock is recommended)
    • 7. (Optional) Flash Magisk as a root solution (or something else)
    • 8. Reboot
    SOURCES
    ROM
    KERNEL

LineageOS

NOTE: Please consider before reporting a bug if it is regarded on official LineageOS too or not. Also do not report bugs running mods, some tweaks or custom kernels or I don't know what. Anyway, feel free to PM me in case of question, suggestion, etc. I am willing to help.

Huge thanks to LineageOS, JustArchi, BenzoRom, Flash-ROM, AOSPA, Matssa56, Substratum, Qualcomm, DU, FranciscoFranco, sultanxda, crdroid, PureNexus, los-kenzo, pav2805, shantur, RomHut, Matthew Booth, UBERROMS and to all people who has been reporting bugs, giving me suggestions or just for even small "thank you". Many of features have been added due to requests by you guys (mostly @Gawd). You're part of these builds too!

Stay fab!
    P.S. do not call me a dev.
    UPCOMING CHANGES/IN TESTING:
    - DISCONTINUED

CHANGELOG (from non-LineageOS side)

As of the
    19th October 2018
    - Update SQLite (3.25.2)
    - Update Google Clang (r339409b)
    27th September 2018
    - Update SQLite (3.25.1)
    - Update Google Clang (r339409)
    2nd August 2018
    - Update libjpeg-turbo (2.0.0)
    - Update libpng (1.6.35)
    2nd July 2018
    - Update SQLite (3.24.0)
    28th June 2018
    - Stability fix (now for sure)
    27th June 2018
    - Stability fix (or not)
    24th June 2018
    - Switch to the newer Snapdragon LLVM Compiler and GCC 7
    18th June 2018
    - Initial Oreo release
    Hello there,

Build with november security patches is going to be the last one (EDIT: or not, had to clean local repos up due to small space on drive for stuff I need currently). My OPO is coming to the end of its life and I also don't have that much time to fix stuff due to college, just to repo sync very rarely. If you want something similar to my builds, maybe even better, go for @Tomoms's builds.

Thank you guys, was pleasure to share my builds with you. :eek:

Martin.
    I would like to clarify some things just a bit since everything has been said in posts by @pranavthombare and @Gawd (and also others) for which I am grateful. Therefore there is no necessity to write about many of things. Also I didn't have time to express this that widely.

So just in short (or not) about features. I am not able to grand everyone's suit even if I want to. Everybody's taste is different. At first, suggested things, which I find useful for me, are usually added if I am able to. There are some exceptions, like OMS which I don't use, but it is must have nowadays for some users so it can be respected. Also it can be just frozen/ignored, I don't care about a few mbs used by that. Internal OMS changes can affect (I mean bugs) system just slightly.

The one from things which are not switchable is Pixel stuff. People who don't like it are just unlucky. I like those round icons, navbar is useless for me since we have had buttons on OPO, but it wouldn't bother me too.

Also I would satisfy just with feature level of LineageOS with optimizations, but now I use many of added things suggested by you guys. Disregarding all additional features, I still find my builds with not that much things in there. It is always up to you if you will use my builds or not. I like doing it.

That's all from me. Let's close this annoying discussion and continue in there like before (there is such a mess). :)

Stay fab!
    Martin.
    Hello there, just want to say, new stuff is coming soon. :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone