• If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.
  • Nearly there! Migration cleanup is mostly done. There are about 6k posts left to import, a few forum redirects to make, and minor details. All the heavy lifting is done. Would love to hear feedback over at this thread!

[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 14.1 for Xiaomi Mi 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.com

krotin

Jan 5, 2015
Clermont Ferrand
Yes, Gello has been dropped in favour of Jelly. I don't know what's wrong with your setup, but Jelly is working perfectly here.
Thank you, yes i read the changelog knew about it.
I'll have to think about it.
Maybe I'll look into webview.
Does it need permissions ?

Edit: will add log in next post

Last edited:

maddoka

May 18, 2011
Ploiesti
I'd advise to start over with a clean flash of everything, format data, system, etc... and choose either the "mini" or "stock" package.... the "full" package is a mess and doesn't remove AOSP apps that are not needed anymore...
I take it it works for you with mini gapps? I stayed away from stock as per the recommendation in the first post. Thanks

Jonas Cardoso

Mar 22, 2014
São José dos Campos
Confirm OIS works with both stock and with the other build of SnapDragon.
I have never had a problem with heat in any build of Lineage.

Have been lurking on XDA since January and using Lineage without serious issues. Dirty installed up until 9th May build (7.4.14 firmware) which is now a clean install (without using Titanium or other back-up services). Using pico build of OpenGapps. My usual obsession is trying to squeeze out the best possible photo without reverting to MIUI for its proprietary processing as I very much appreciate Lineage's visual language, absence of commercial buy-ins, and minimalism. Last few builds are pretty good, though rarely are photos as well balanced as MIUI native without manual alterations.
Snapdragon camera is better than stock camera?

StickyTape

May 16, 2017
Snapdragon camera is better than stock camera?
I couldn't say for sure. I take a lot of landscape and building photographs, and I need sharpness, absence of over-saturation, and good colour balance even if using HDR to get it. I don't have time to play with settings and rely on one setting for a series of photos, so overly dependent on auto mode. They are all good if you get your settings right.

MIUI: auto-mode with HDR is sharp and well-balanced, but with tendency to oversaturate green grass. Video is excellent.
Stock: default settings need changing as discussed in this thread elsewhere. Can get particularly poor results in Northern latitude countries. It now has full manual options and OIS works fine.
OpenCamera: good results and lots of options, though sometimes a bit whitewashed and lacking vivacity.
SnapDragon: good results and exhaustive options so far. My default camera atm and the closest I have found to MIUI stock.

I bought this hardware mainly for its camera and processor at a good size + price-point. The IMX298 sensor has a small lens, creating distortion, but with the right settings takes very sharp images.

krotin

Jan 5, 2015
Clermont Ferrand
Webview wasnt installed.
After install it still FC.
See attached log:
Hi again,
I dirty flashed again wiped cache and dalvik.
Still force closes.
If anybody could me his/her advice on the logs it will be greatly aprreciated rather rhan cleanflashing again.

I have to say I havent tampered with the rom at all.
Clean flashed a few weeks ago and rooted using suaddon.

No mods no custom kernels.

Thanks.

Marcb

Aug 11, 2008
Hi again,
I dirty flashed again wiped cache and dalvik.
Still force closes.
If anybody could me his/her advice on the logs it will be greatly aprreciated rather rhan cleanflashing again.

I have to say I havent tampered with the rom at all.
Clean flashed a few weeks ago and rooted using suaddon.

No mods no custom kernels.

Thanks.
format everything and flash again... then you'll know for sure if it's your device or not...

doggi3

Jan 3, 2011
noob question
how to install update LOS build 20170516 via OTA? im trying install via OTA but after restart stuck in TWRP and nothing happen. help. Thanks you
Search here: /data/data/org.lineageos.updater/app_updates

and install the zip from there

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Yes, Gello has been dropped in favour of Jelly. I don't know what's wrong with your setup, but Jelly is working perfectly here.

@bgcngm, por alguma razão no menu de definições o bluetooth aparece sempre como desligado, mesmo que depois esteja ligado.

Até colocava um screenshot mas não consigo por limitação de posts.

Obrigado pelo excelente trabalho, esta ROM está perfeita! :good:

cato`

Aug 2, 2010
Flashed the recommended firmware and dirty flashed the new version. The "swap buttons" are now greyed out in the settings. Any known fix for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.