Can't install ROM.
Somedy have same issue ?!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-23-19-10-13.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-23-19-10-13.png
    172.1 KB · Views: 880

Nightjjr

Oct 6, 2010
Anybody having issues with smartlock not functioning using localization settings?

PD: I have read all post... following it since the beggining.
PD2: Have used search :)

PD3: Just installed latest nightly... it seems it works on this one.. so forget it.

Last edited:

ckarv

Dec 7, 2012
Hi, do you experience a problem of the fingerprint scanner sudden death? I'm on MIUI and on a few past releases it doesn't work for a few days and then it's back to life and again and again...
I'm considering to install this ROM if here this bug is not present.

I've had issues with my fingerprint scanner on LOS as well, so it's probably just fiddly hardware. Had it nonfunctional for a few weeks in a row, before it suddenly came back.

gmsmurf

Oct 2, 2010
Cybertron
Guys since the previous build 16/05 the Stock USB cable doesn't work as before, it says: rapidly charging, but it is not.

I have a second cable with an USB C adapter and that works perfectly (read it here some pages ago) WHY? I was waiting for yesterdays update to fix the issue, but it didn't.

My stock USB cable works for data transfer and charging, even says rapid charge but it doesn't in reality.

Firmware is the latest recommended. "Developer 7.5.4"
Build: lineage-14.1-20170523-nightly

I want to go back to CM13 or MIUI 8.1.2 for xposed support, any suggestions please? :fingers-crossed:

georgekav33

Mar 4, 2017
1 For example?
2 what apps? Probably you use Substratum or other system mods
3 no at all problems. Even aptx HiFi codec works fine with BT headset :laugh:

No app crashes or other strange bugs besides the ones I also mentioned from time to time.

I support the last fact though. Headphone quality is NOT so good. Please not compare it with BT because that is a different story and works well. The analog output is problematic, or at least for some of our hardware (different BOM by Xiaomi? who knows). For example in low volume both as setting and as music (imagine for example an ambient track) their is audible background noise (white noise and cracking). It is even more pronounced with AudioFX activated.

A good workaround I found is to reduce the analog amplification on the wcd9335 using the appropriate kernel (DX 3.9). The volume is overall reduced but at least the noise is eliminated. Probably equivalent can be achieved using the mixer_paths in system/etc, haven't tried it as the former solution works fine for me.

roi_xordo

Dec 9, 2015
This ROM works fine from the beginning, else build works better, its my daily ROM since i own this phone, only found a little bug for me: the flip and shake option in alarm to snooze not working in last build, but maybe because i dont make a clean flash. Everything else works fine.

Sorry for my english, cheers

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.com
This ROM works fine from the beginning, else build works better, its my daily ROM since i own this phone, only found a little bug for me: the flip and shake option in alarm to snooze not working in last build, but maybe because i dont make a clean flash. Everything else works fine.
It was indeed a bug in the latest build, but is already fixed for next week.

BadHappiness

Dec 11, 2014
Hi,everyone I'm coming from miui 8.2.2.0 and want to flash lineageos but stuck at very first install instruction. I already flash the last twrp for gemini (3.1.1.0) and can reboot to recovery. But if I choose reboot to system, it will stuck at mi logo. Is there anything I should disable or something I do wrong?

EDIT : I also had unlocked bootloader

SaumyeMehrotra96

Apr 28, 2016
delhi
Hi,everyone I'm coming from miui 8.2.2.0 and want to flash lineageos but stuck at very first install instruction. I already flash the last twrp for gemini (3.1.1.0) and can reboot to recovery. But if I choose reboot to system, it will stuck at mi logo. Is there anything I should disable or something I do wrong?

EDIT : I also had unlocked bootloader
Did you flash the firmware?

Flash 7.5.4
Also check md5 as said in above post

Download md5 checker from play store

BadHappiness

Dec 11, 2014
Download los again (check md5), wipe everything and install again.

Did you flash the firmware?

Flash 7.5.4
Also check md5 as said in above post

Download md5 checker from play store

I don't even flash los yet. What I mean is I can't boot back to miui after flash TWRP. Also how I flash the firmware? Do I need to download "Xiaomi Mi 5 Latest Global Developer Version Fastboot "? And how to flash the firmware?
Thanks in advance.

EDIT : Found the firmware from page 711. Can I flash from OTG since I should wipe my system?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

Broken:
    • Nothing. :)

Working:
    • Everything except 'broken' stuff
      (see also second post for info on recurring questions)

Screenshot_20161117_134349.png
    Screenshot_20161117_134404.png

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi 5 variants (32GB / 64GB / 128GB). Xiaomi Mi 5S and 5S Plus are not supported.
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 7.0 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI 8.1.4 dev package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 5 - Direct link)
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] the LineageOS su addon to get root (there are obviously other root methods, but this is the recommended one as it survives to OTA updates)
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • Current minimal * required * firmware version is MIUI 8.1.4 Global dev, otherwise installation will fail. Download the latest dev fastboot package directly from Xiaomi and flash it prior to installing LineageOS or, alternatively, download and install one of the latest custom packages containing firmware only (at your own risk).
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    This work is due to efforts from Mi5Devs founding members (@h2o64 and me) that did the full device bring-up. Huge thanks to @deovferreira for all the help during the kernel bring-up after source code dropped. Also thanks to @ValoXis for giving me the motivation I needed and to @shade.sh for compiling unofficial builds during the transition phase.

Finally, all LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

Changelog:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 5

Contributors
    bgcngm, Mi5Devs
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x

Version Information

Created 2016-11-17
    Last Updated 2018-02-25
    I really hope that everyone realizes that this is a development thread, aiming to provide support to official LineageOS for Xiaomi Mi 5. Everything that falls into unofficial category (e.g. unofficial builds and custom kernels) is not supported and not allowed here.

Also be more respectful and grateful for the work I have already put into this. Think twice before saying that I don't care to fix things. For those who are not happy, you have plenty other ROMs out there. Funny enough, all based on Mi5Devs work.
    Some notes due to recurring questions:
    • Camera OIS can be recalibrated, if needed, with the following app: https://github.com/dobragab/Mi5CameraCalibrate.
    • Devices assembled with LGD panels may have less responsive hardware keys (recents and back) due to old touchscreen drivers released by Xiaomi. The workaround at the moment is to enable on-screen buttons and wait for more updated drivers in the next kernel source code release.
    • QC3.0 is not fully working and will be fixed when the next kernel source code drops.
    The most requested/wanted feature of all time is finally ready. @h2o64 and me spent countless hours in at least three different approaches.

Screenshot_20170107-232137.png

You can enjoy in probably a couple of days.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
    Sadly, I regret to inform that I may have to drop official support for this device. The touchscreen replacement that I have received two days ago went fine, but the issue remains. I still get the random failures where touchscreen stops responding and I can't use the device as daily driver this way. I barely can use it for development either because I have to restart it over and over to get a few minutes of working touch. :(

This is a pity because I liked Mi 5 a lot and a big loss as mine was the 128GB version with ceramic back. Luckily I have the good old M8 dual SIM, which has been my daily driver for a while now. That said, I am not looking for a new flagship to replace Mi 5 (yes, I don't think Mi 6 can justify the price) and already thought of buying a new one, but it seems that's no longer sold. Is there any good soul out there that eventually has switched to a newer flagship and wants to sell his Mi 5? :eek:
    So, this won't be goodbye after all... luckily two very kind users showed up and offered me their no longer used devices for a symbolic price.

I still have a Mi5 128 GB version in white and I dont need it anymore.
    I've followed you through CM 13.1, LOS 14.1, and beta tested 15.

We've chatted through messenger several times.

I have the identical version, the black, ceramic 128gb. I've recently upgraded to a OnePlus 5T. I'll give you a deal if you want to continue?
    I really got to say thanks once again to you both. :highfive: I ended up buying from @mabor01 due to better shipping time and costs (and no customs involved).

For everyone else, also a huge thanks for backing me up and supporting me with donations. :D
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone