• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 15.1 for HTC One M8

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumeet.jain1995

May 19, 2015
Ty developer for the ROM, I appreciate your hard work but I just found a bug, in settings, whenever I touch the search icon the app crashes and also I need help in reducing the nav bar height, it takes away a lot of my screen space, so could you suggest me an app/tweak/module that let's me do that like in resurrection remix TY :)

A n d r 0 i d

Mar 26, 2013
Ty developer for the ROM, I appreciate your hard work but I just found a bug, in settings, whenever I touch the search icon the app crashes and also I need help in reducing the nav bar height, it takes away a lot of my screen space, so could you suggest me an app/tweak/module that let's me do that like in resurrection remix TY :)
The search "bug" you just found has been reported several times already, if you used the (working) search function of XDA and type in the word "search" you will see.
Mods are not helpful at this stage of development, any mods you install render you useless as a tester.

Just to clarify, there is a huge difference between so called bugs and features not yet implemented
So for all you budding Charles Darwin's out there please follow this simple list

1. Search the forum for your problem
2. If not mentioned wait until after lineage officially supports Oreo and a build is released by dev

Reactions: gilbert32

Netherdrake034

Feb 5, 2015
Lahore
Sorry for keeping you in the dark. There will be an update tomorrow which will fix the video recording hack, and everything else requested. If you find anything else please feel free to report it by tomorrow, so a fix will be included in the next build. Again sorry for not providing an ETA earlier. The developer should read xda rules again!!
Video recording hack?

sumeet.jain1995

May 19, 2015
The search "bug" you just found has been reported several times already, if you used the (working) search function of XDA and type in the word "search" you will see.
Mods are not helpful at this stage of development, any mods you install render you useless as a tester.

Just to clarify, there is a huge difference between so called bugs and features not yet implemented
So for all you budding Charles Darwin's out there please follow this simple list

1. Search the forum for your problem
2. If not mentioned wait until after lineage officially supports Oreo and a build is released by dev
Ty for your feedback

G

GuestD2128

Every equalizer app I've tested crashes or doesn't work. Is that because Oreo has a different implementation for equalizers, and the apps aren't yet updated, or is it a bug in the ROM?

martoreto

Oct 24, 2017
@bgcngm, thanks for this cool ROM. It works great, given Oreo has just been released.

Here USB Accessory Mode did not work, but I managed to fix it using the attached patch against the ramdisk image.
In the original Marshmallow ROM there are even more USB modes than in the patch, but I was not sure, which of them are relevant for Oreo, and I did not include them.

Attachments

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.com
Here USB Accessory Mode did not work, but I managed to fix it using the attached patch against the ramdisk image.
In the original Marshmallow ROM there are even more USB modes than in the patch, but I was not sure, which of them are relevant for Oreo, and I did not include them.
What is the use case of this "USB Accessory Mode"? Anyway, thanks for your patch. Would you mind to upload it to LineageOS Gerrit? Keep in mind, that we can't change init.usb.rc (this a global script), only init.qcom.usb.rc (and it seems that the real fix is done here).

martoreto

Oct 24, 2017
What is the use case of this "USB Accessory Mode"?
Android Auto

Anyway, thanks for your patch. Would you mind to upload it to LineageOS Gerrit? Keep in mind, that we can't change init.usb.rc (this a global script), only init.qcom.usb.rc (and it seems that the real fix is done here).
I'll test if the init.qcom.usb.rc change is sufficient. As to the Gerrit, I've never done it, but I can try. Do you know, which of the LineageOS projects contains init.qcom.usb.rc for m8? I don't have the build environment set up to do a quick find.

Reactions: high_voltage

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.com
Android Auto
That's very interesting. I have an open ticket on JIRA because of non working Android Car.

I'll test if the init.qcom.usb.rc change is sufficient. As to the Gerrit, I've never done it, but I can try. Do you know, which of the LineageOS projects contains init.qcom.usb.rc for m8? I don't have the build environment set up to do a quick find.
That would be: LineageOS/android_device_htc_msm8974-common. The reason why I wanted you to upload it was only for you to appear as a contributor. You can create the change directly in Gerrit (of course, you need a Gerrit account), but if you don't want I can do it myself.

martoreto

Oct 24, 2017
That's very interesting. I have an open ticket on JIRA because of non working Android Car.
Well, then it may be a good time to close it. :) For me the patch fixes car mode.

That would be: LineageOS/android_device_htc_msm8974-common. The reason why I wanted you to upload it was only for you to appear as a contributor. You can create the change directly in Gerrit (of course, you need a Gerrit account), but if you don't want I can do it myself.
Thanks, the change is there:
https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/195753/

Should I add you as a reviewer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone