[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 15.1 for Xiaomi Mi 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

alimmm78

Jul 13, 2014
I installed the ROM successfully but now my device is encrypted ?
Could any one tell me how to decrypt it. ?
I dont want to lose my internal storage( photo vdoe etc)

4ronie4

Jan 12, 2014
I installed the ROM successfully but now my device is encrypted ?
Could any one tell me how to decrypt it. ?
I dont want to lose my internal storage( photo vdoe etc)
Explain better, why don't you want your device encrypted? It's more secure, there is no performance impact and you just have to introduce your password at boot.

alimmm78

Jul 13, 2014
Explain better, why don't you want your device encrypted? It's more secure, there is no performance impact and you just have to introduce your password at boot.
Because I want to change OS, omni rr and so on
If I want to return offical miui, I will have to use miflash. but i dont want to lose my internal storage
the case will be problem for me
How can i decrypt?

4ronie4

Jan 12, 2014
Do you have to install after all dirty update?
Not quite that, I have only flashed after an update if the problem has appeared. There have been weeks that, after the update, the audio issues didn't appear, so I didn't flash the boot image.

Because I want to change OS, omni rr and so on
If I want to return offical miui, I will have to use miflash. but i dont want to lose my internal storage
the case will be problem for me
How can i decrypt?
I think you can't decrypt, but I'm not sure. But you can make a backup manually to your PC connecting your device and copying all the files via MTP, or using an usb flash drive connected with OTG. Then, after the ROM change, you can restore it manually.

Last edited:

Corn Flake

Nov 29, 2011
I have this problem with stock (QC3) charger. I thought it was fault charger becouse my other 2.4A non QC charger works fine.

borke292

Feb 25, 2012
Moto G
Redmi K20 Pro
I'm often needing to plug my charger in and out of the phone many times before it actually starts charging - I've tried multiple sockets and cables so it's not that - anyone else finding the same or remember hearing of a similar problem?
Me too, I've been facing the same lately (for more than a month now). It started when using this ROM, but I don't remember which build nor firmware I was using. It's also happening on other ROMs including Treble ones even after several clean flashes, so I don't think it would be ROM related. Maybe firmware?

ergysramaj

Mar 6, 2015
I think your original cables are going bad or your using bad cables ( could be the port too).
I been using a 2m long $2 cable for months with original charger no problem.

Jan 14, 2017
I'm often needing to plug my charger in and out of the phone many times before it actually starts charging - I've tried multiple sockets and cables so it's not that - anyone else finding the same or remember hearing of a similar problem?

I had the same problem. I don't know if it's your case, but this was for me: dust!
I grabbed a pick and cleaned the USB port very carefully. You will be surprised by the amount of dust you get out of there...

After that, charging worked as intended.

Reactions: borke292
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    Broken:
    • Nothing?

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • VoLTE

5288140b-6133-436c-9d9a-69adf6e2631e.jpg
    b32db64c-ed7e-46e9-b259-2d0eaf36c22f.jpg
    6138ef54-b1d8-4aa6-98e0-6edab6c3b67c.jpg

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi 5 variants (32GB / 64GB / 128GB). Xiaomi Mi 5S and 5S Plus are not supported.
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 8.0 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI 8.5.10 dev package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 5 - Direct link)
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] the LineageOS su addon to get root (there are obviously other root methods, but this is the recommended one as it survives to OTA updates)
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:

Credits & collaborations:
    This work is due to efforts from Mi5Devs founding members (@h2o64 and me) that did the full device bring-up. Huge thanks to @deovferreira for all the help during the kernel bring-up after source code dropped. Last but not least, pleasure having @luca020400 and @LuK1337 onboard since the bring-up of the whole Xiaomi 8996 family, that lately did the major work in the O era.

Finally, all LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

Changelog:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 5

Contributors
    bgcngm, Mi5Devs
    ROM OS Version: 8.1 Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.71
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 8.5.10 dev

Version Information

Created 2017-09-07
    Last Updated 2018-02-25
    Who wants a taste of Oreo with working camera? Grab the fresh link in the first post.

All credits goes to @highwaystar_ru for the huge help with the reverse engineering of the stock camera HAL.
    First of all, happy new year everyone! :highfive:

I have just uploaded a new build with some more features ported (LiveDisplay is still broken), but the most important of all is that kernel is now based on the latest 8.1 tag and we're now using full CAF HALs (previous builds were compiled with display and media AOSP HALs). Feedback is appreciated, since this is again a major change.

Last but not least, my "new" gemini should arrive tomorrow. :D
    So... Android 8.1 sources have dropped a couple days ago. :victory: Next release to be shared will hopefully be based on it (I don't expect any major issue to arise) and I'll keep using this thread. Stay tuned. ;)
    New build is up. Nothing really new in terms of features, but fixed audio and front facing camera render. Enjoy! :cool: