• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 16.0 for Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S

Search This thread

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
yG18r6g.png
Working:
  • Camera (and flashlight)
  • WiFi
  • NFC
  • Bluetooth
  • Telephony (Calls and Data)
  • Audio (Record and Playback)
  • Video Playback
  • Sensors
  • GPS
  • Encryption (FBE)

Broken:
  • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S variants.​
Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 9 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI 8.10.25 dev package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
  • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
  • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi MIX 2S)
  • Format /system, /data and /cache
  • Install LineageOS zip package
    [*]Install [optional] the LineageOS su addon to get root (there are obviously other root methods, but this is the recommended one as it survives to OTA updates)
  • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
Important notes:
  • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI P-based builds.
  • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
  • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

Last edited:

fabricio87878787

Mar 19, 2016
I tried aosip and lineageos 16, I prefer los 16, although both roms are equally fluid. note that aosip spends a little more battery, although I used it very little. no proximity sensor works, it can also be used daily. for the camera I use the last bgc, I miss the functions of the stock camera, it is the only thing that is made of less than miui.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181104-141703_Pixel_Launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20181104-141703_Pixel_Launcher.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 11,837
  • Screenshot_20181104-141657_Pixel_Launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20181104-141657_Pixel_Launcher.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 11,667
Last edited:
Reactions: METZGER2017

juankgp

Mar 6, 2017
Thank you very much it works really fine, I have two questions
Is possible to install weather provider for clock?
Is possible to select different ringtone for each SIM?
Thanks

Sorry for my English...

Reactions: rayleigh

xarcoft

Aug 21, 2012
Pixel Launcher doesn't work with this ROM, crashes at launch.
Magisk works but had to download and install manually Magisk Manager.
Boot is slower than Pixel Experience Pie but once it boots this ROM is faster overall.

pedjamis

Mar 8, 2017
This is great news. I was a long time Lineage user on my Mi5. Using Notsyncing build now on Mix2s because of working proximity sensor. Hope you get it working soon.

rogela

Feb 27, 2018
Pixel Launcher doesn't work with this ROM, crashes at launch.
Magisk works but had to download and install manually Magisk Manager.
Boot is slower than Pixel Experience Pie but once it boots this ROM is faster overall.

Confirms issue.

Also, Quick Charging seems broken... Getting only 500mA from stock wall charger and stock cable. Removed battery info from Recovery and got 1500mA, which is still far below normal; and it reverts to 500mA after reboot!

Also when I enter twrp the battery percentage shown there is usually 20% lower than in LOS. Bizzare.

Guess it could be issue with uncalibrated battery info. Will do a full cycle and see if things change.

Last edited:

napes22

May 16, 2008
Thanks, and there is no possibility to instal MIUI kernel?

The notes state no:

"No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case."

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Thanks Bruno for this! It's a rock solid ROM with excellent battery life and stability.

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

I wonder what are the differences between yours and notsyncing's. Is this version more stable?

notsyncing's version is a GSI/Treble build. This is a true polaris Lineage OS build made specifically for our device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png
    Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 9 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI 8.10.25 dev package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi MIX 2S)
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
      [*]Install [optional] the LineageOS su addon to get root (there are obviously other root methods, but this is the recommended one as it survives to OTA updates)
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI P-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/hudson/+/258417

Nightlies will be back once the next builds are queued and completed.
    Someone knows if the NFC payments works now.
    Thank you so much
    Should be fixed by the end of the month, once I merge the open changes that allow to build vendor image.
    Any known updates / fixed for NFC past the 20190305 build anyone? @bgcngm can you give more information?
    NFC is working (including payments) with open source vendor, which is something that we're still working on.
    The time has come! https://lineageos.org/Changelog-22/. This thread will be kept open for any support you need.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk