[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 16.0 weeklies for HTC One M8 / M8 Dual SIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gunggs

Jan 2, 2017
Hello, my phone still in Lineage 14.1, everything is okay without problem.
I want trying this rom, but any issue with this rom.?
1. Tethering work fine.?
2. Bluetooh work fine.?
3. Can i install magisk 18.1.?
4. Can i install Viper4Android.?
Thanks before, for anyone can answer my questions.

ainaz

Apr 25, 2013
Tasikmalaya (Indonesia)
Hello, my phone still in Lineage 14.1, everything is okay without problem.
I want trying this rom, but any issue with this rom.?
1. Tethering work fine.?
2. Bluetooh work fine.?
3. Can i install magisk 18.1.?
4. Can i install Viper4Android.?
Thanks before, for anyone can answer my questions.
Yes you can, it's working fine

Sent from my htc_m8 using XDA Labs

maciclazar

Jul 24, 2012
Bor,Serbia
Hey @bgcngm ! Is there any reason to have lineage statistics turned on since this is unofficial rom? Does it help you or other lineage developers in any way? I'd like to help by leaving it on but if it is useless then I'll just turn it off.
Awesome rom by the way.

wd9895

Mar 16, 2018
The camera app is crashing in HDR mode on the first click. Under Los 14.1 that works better.
Is there any configuration or alternative app I can use to have this nice feature available in this awesome ROM?

Thanks.

mathew2214

Mar 31, 2019
cannot build for myself

i am trying to build this ROM for myself using the lineage OS source code. but i cannot find a way to fix this error:
ninja: error: '/home/mathew2214/android/lineage/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/htcirlibs_intermediates/javalib.jar', needed by '/home/mathew2214/android/lineage/out/target/product/m8/dex_bootjars/system/framework/boot.prof', missing and no known rule to make it
11:54:14 ninja failed with: exit status 1

how do i fix this error? google has failed me on this.
i fix has to be possible since @bgcngm seems to have built lineage OS 16 for this device.

James_Oakley

Nov 1, 2018
The full thread on this:
The camera app is crashing in HDR mode on the first click. Under Los 14.1 that works better.
Is there any configuration or alternative app I can use to have this nice feature available in this awesome ROM?

Thanks.
Footej Camera
Footej Camera also crashes after 5 seconds after the photo is taken in HDR mode.
Try Footej camera: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.footej.camera&hl=de

I haven't got anything to suggest, but it seems to be something tripping over in the driver given more than one camera app is having the same problem.

KoMaSo

May 9, 2017
The full thread on this:

I haven't got anything to suggest, but it seems to be something tripping over in the driver given more than one camera app is having the same problem.

Try to change the default storage for the cam. internal <--> SD.

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Try to change the default storage for the cam internal to SD or SD to internal.

Beet2be

Dec 24, 2016
Hi guys! ?Not strong in English so search the forum did not give anything. Tell me if there are custom kernels with the possibility of overclocking for the latter LOS?

tejado

Sep 30, 2018
Does anyone know if I can use FunctionFS/ConfigFS with this kernel? I tried it by mounting it but /sys/kernel/config/usb_gadget is not there, which is required to use it, afaik.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • ANT+
    • NFC
    • Camera (including video recording)
    • FM Radio
    • Telephony (Calls, MMS/SMS and Mobile data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS

Broken / not yet supported:
    • MHL

Compatibility:
    Single SIM variants:
    Builds are compatible with all M8 single SIM variants (m8ul, m8vzw and m8spr).​
    Dual SIM variants:
    Builds are compatible with all M8 Dual SIM variants (m8dug and m8dwg).​
    In both cases, all builds are based off the HTC's Android 6.0.1 firmware and kernel with binaries from Android 6.0 GPe.

Downloads:
    Single SIM variants:
    Dual SIM variants:

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP by @Captain_Throwback) - Direct link
    • Wipe /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] the LineageOS su addon to get root (there are obviously other root methods, but this is the recommended one as it survives to OTA updates)
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Credits & collaborations
    This work is due to efforts from everyone involved in M8 development. The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Device wiki:
    Single SIM variants:
    Dual SIM variants:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
    bgcngm
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.113
    ROM Firmware Required: M firmware

Version Information

Created 2018-09-02
    Last Updated 2019-08-21
    This month's builds are up (for both single and dual SIM variants) with ASB already merged and one long-time issue fixed... screen rotation now works properly. :victory: Enjoy.
    New builds are up, for both single and dual SIM variants. System resizing in TWRP is no longer needed and external sdcards support should be fixed by now.
    Keep in mind that this is still beta. There are some missing feature left to port.
    New builds are up, with this month's ASB included.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone