[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 16.0 weeklies for Xiaomi Mi 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rockuman_ex

Jun 4, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S21
That's a wrong answer. It can be dirty flashed, but Gapps need to be flashed before first boot.
Thanks.

I did dirty flashed from 15, wipe cache and delvik, restarted and google play crashed then i realised i forgot to flash Gapp :eek:

Rebooted to recovery, flashed gapps for android 9, flashed magisk again, rebooted, and all running smoothly now!

Battery has improved dramatically from 15.

Thanks @bgcngm !!!!!

rastamuffin

Oct 20, 2016
hi all first of all big respect for this work here and a big thanks! I´ll have 1-2 Questions..

is the main system and ground apps working fine ?! can i download it , or better wait for updates ?! im on Lineage 14.1 nightly Android 7.1 from bgcngm

wich firmware version 8.xx... is the best for the latest Lineage 16 Android 9 ?!

where can i see in my phone wich Frmware version i have installed ?!

wich should i use ?! 8.8.30 or 8.11.8 from here ?!
sourceforge.net/projects/xiaomi-firmware-updater/files/Developer

opengapps.org/?arch=arm64&api=7.1&variant=nano , is this Android version the correct one for Linage 16 ?! on my MI5 ARM 64 Android 9 stock

best regards rastamuffin

juukeli

Nov 5, 2014
I´m running 10.10. version of this and brightness always goes almost to lowest setting after resuming from sleep. I have auto brightness on and brightness slider set at middle normally. What could be the problem? I just tested that brightness sensor works with some software that measures luminious flux because I suspected the brightness sensor could be broken after phone repair.

rmrbpt

Nov 4, 2011
Google Pixel 7 Pro

rastamuffin

Oct 20, 2016
okay thanks , but what is with the other Questions..

is the main system and ground apps working fine ?! can i download it , or better wait for updates ?! im on Lineage 14.1 nightly Android 7.1 from bgcngm

wich firmware version 8.xx... is the best for the latest Lineage 16 Android 9 ?! ( i have installed 7 x.. dont remember exactly would have to watch in twrp )

wich should i use ?! 8.8.30 or 8.11.8 from here ?!
sourceforge.net/projects/xiaomi-firmware-updater/files/Developer

and why gapps nano or pico why not full or stock ?!

No, a lot of bugs, crashes, random vibrations and last build is month old
wich firmware version 8.xx... is the best for the latest Lineage 16 Android 9 ?! ( i have installed 7 x.. dont remember exactly would have to watch in twrp )
Read First posts.
and why gapps nano or pico why not full or stock ?!
How u installed cm 14 while u don't even know how different gapps differ?

rockuman_ex

Jun 4, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S21
I´m running 10.10. version of this and brightness always goes almost to lowest setting after resuming from sleep. I have auto brightness on and brightness slider set at middle normally. What could be the problem? I just tested that brightness sensor works with some software that measures luminious flux because I suspected the brightness sensor could be broken after phone repair.
Yes, i have the same exact problem

juukeli

Nov 5, 2014
There doesn´t seem to be hdr-setting in stock camera. Is this rom compatible with google hdr+ -camera?

Power Saving Mode make system FREEZE so disable auto enabling if using newest Build
EDIT: Even without it enabled System Freeze When i get message on Messenger. Also Those freezes are weird because Changing works (led on/off) but if i Hit power button and try to wake up device only thing i see is Under screen navigation bar lights

Last edited:

nebik

Dec 11, 2010
I tried new build with opengapps pico-20181111 and stuck on startup "connect to wi-fi" screen. It says connected and then checking for updates, but after some time it`s Connect to wi-fi screen again.
Same with OpenGapps Nano-201111.

fence

Got random lockups and reboots again with todays (12/11/18) build.

Edit 1: Possibly Magisk related, removed and so far so good...

Edit 2: Spoke too soon, locked up again when trying to wake. Interestingly after reboot the clock was out by about 12 hours and took about 20 seconds to sort itself out.

Last edited:

rastamuffin

Oct 20, 2016
can someone tell me where i can find the correct and best firmware for MI5 ?! is it 8.11.8 for this Linage 16 Rom here ?!

sourceforge.net/projects/xiaomi-eu-multilang-miui-roms/files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-WEEKLY-RELEASES/8.11.8/

found this but i dont know wich is the correct one for MI5

for install :

i go in 1. twrp format data wipe all , 2. install new firmware Image install 8.11.8.zip , 3. install Linage16.zip rom , 4. install gapps.zip 5. reboot finish.. so correct ?! :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    Broken / not yet supported:
    • Something must be broken, right?

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • ANT+
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi 5 variants (32GB / 64GB / 128GB). Xiaomi Mi 5S and 5S Plus are not supported.
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 8.0 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI 8.5.10 dev package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 5 - Direct link)
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] the LineageOS su addon to get root (there are obviously other root methods, but this is the recommended one as it survives to OTA updates)
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:

Credits & collaborations:
    This work is due to efforts from Mi5Devs founding members (@h2o64 and me) that did the full device bring-up. Huge thanks to @deovferreira for all the help during the kernel bring-up after source code dropped. Last but not least, pleasure having @luca020400 and @LuK1337 onboard since the bring-up of the whole Xiaomi 8996 family.

Finally, all LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 5

Contributors
    bgcngm, Mi5Devs
    ROM OS Version: 9 Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.120
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 8.8.30 dev

Version Information

Created 2018-08-31
    Last Updated 2018-08-31
    https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/hudson/+/258417

Nightlies will be back once the next builds are queued and completed.
    This month's build is up. It could almost be official.
    New build is up, with some more features ported, kernel with latest CAF P-based tag merged and enforcing SELinux. Ohh... and this month's ASB merged too!