• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 16.0 weeklies for Xiaomi Mi 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

deswink

Nov 24, 2016
The latest build on https://download.lineageos.org/gemini is lineage-16.0-20200419-nightly-gemini-signed.zip.

In the blog it is said that 16.0 will be moved to weekly builds. But there has been no other builds :( Looking at the changelog there's been a few commits, mainly security fixes.

Any idea if there will be new builds for our device? Or is it on hold for the 17.1 release?

If you look closely you can see that there haven't been any updates for all the other phones as well. This is due to an error in the build server. I don't know the specifics, but you can look at the status of the servers right here: https://status.lineageos.org/

Reactions: i23098

harakiri576

Dec 14, 2012
Utrecht
Sluggish

For people with sluggish performance.

For some reason, lineageos by default enables swap to zram. I've no idea why. Android has no need for swap, and zram swap uses precious memory and lot of CPU to do its job.

Try disabling it by editing the file /vendor/etc/fstab and commenting out the line for swap.

The whole phone is suddenly a lot smoother and sluggishness/slowness is gone.

Downside is that you need to do this by every system update as those overwrite /vendor.

Anistruk

Mar 23, 2012
For people with sluggish performance.

For some reason, lineageos by default enables swap to zram. I've no idea why. Android has no need for swap, and zram swap uses precious memory and lot of CPU to do its job.

Try disabling it by editing the file /vendor/etc/fstab and commenting out the line for swap.

Downside is that you need to do this by every system update as those overwrite /vendor.

Hi there, is that the line that you are talking about?

/dev/block/zram0 none swap defaults zramsize=536870912,max_comp_streams=4

vitna

Feb 10, 2013
Just for info:
I've disabled it and used the phone for several days.
I didn't notice any improvements (not in performrnce and/or battery).
More over the phone made a random reboot in this period (could be Just a coincidence).
After that I've restored the initial state of fstab.
And my opinion/feeling - the phone works better & smoother with the initial state of fstab.

Anistruk

Mar 23, 2012
Just for info:
I've disabled it and used the phone for several days.
I didn't notice any improvements (not in performrnce and/or battery).
More over the phone made a random reboot in this period (could be Just a coincidence).
After that I've restored the initial state of fstab.
And my opinion/feeling - the phone works better & smoother with the initial state of fstab.

Apart from the reboot, that's my opinion to. Had try google maps app and pokemon go and it was very sluggish.

Regards

harakiri576

Dec 14, 2012
Utrecht
Interesting, for me all apps start faster, and the occasional freezes disappeared.
But then again, i also carefully check app rights for startup and running in background. So i guess, as with most things, YMMV.

topo01

Aug 10, 2014
Munich
Xiaomi Mi 5
Yeah..1.5 month without update for LOS 16 and at least 2 months without update for LOS 17.1 :confused:

Looks like the lineage build servers are up and running again with Mi5 scheduled for weekly LOS16 again. Nice!
And I noticed a ton of changes were issued during the idle time. Looking forward to updating again soon!

Update:
New build is up! Happy to update!
https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/fu...neage-16.0-20200607-nightly-gemini-signed.zip

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi 5 using XDA Labs

Last edited:
Reactions: harakiri576

joao pestana

Oct 20, 2011
I ve found a bug. In the settings, system, buttons, additional buttons - if i change a setting (example: invert button order) a restart of the phone revert the changes. The settings in Additional Buttons arent saved... If i restart the phone the return to their default values... Can someone help me?

topo01

Aug 10, 2014
Munich
Xiaomi Mi 5
I ve found a bug. In the settings, system, buttons, additional buttons - if i change a setting (example: invert button order) a restart of the phone revert the changes. The settings in Additional Buttons arent saved... If i restart the phone the return to their default values... Can someone help me?

No bug, works fine on my device (3/64GB).
I have "Swap Buttons" active since like forever and it stays and reliably survives reboots and updates.

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi 5 using XDA Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    Broken / not yet supported:
    • Something must be broken, right?

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • ANT+
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi 5 variants (32GB / 64GB / 128GB). Xiaomi Mi 5S and 5S Plus are not supported.
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 8.0 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI 8.5.10 dev package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 5 - Direct link)
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] the LineageOS su addon to get root (there are obviously other root methods, but this is the recommended one as it survives to OTA updates)
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:

Credits & collaborations:
    This work is due to efforts from Mi5Devs founding members (@h2o64 and me) that did the full device bring-up. Huge thanks to @deovferreira for all the help during the kernel bring-up after source code dropped. Last but not least, pleasure having @luca020400 and @LuK1337 onboard since the bring-up of the whole Xiaomi 8996 family.

Finally, all LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 5

Contributors
    bgcngm, Mi5Devs
    ROM OS Version: 9 Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.120
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 8.8.30 dev

Version Information

Created 2018-08-31
    Last Updated 2018-08-31
    https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/hudson/+/258417

Nightlies will be back once the next builds are queued and completed.
    This month's build is up. It could almost be official.
    New build is up, with some more features ported, kernel with latest CAF P-based tag merged and enforcing SELinux. Ohh... and this month's ASB merged too!