[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e (LTE)

Search This thread

Finneri

Jun 2, 2016
The OS installed perfectly. After first boot, I wanted to re-lock the bootloader. So I went to download mode and re-locked the boootloader. It gave me an error

partition wbmeta
Reason wbmeta: Error verifying vbmeta image: 0_0_INDIVLDMT_EDRHS_IMTHSGAUEMSAC

Okay. Then I pushed the volume down + power key and it throws me to this same download state every time. I cannot get to anywhere else.
And of course, I did not allow oem unlock and usb debugging after the first boot. I know, stupid me.
But, what to do now? How do I get out from the download mode?

Edit: Found a fix, flashed original firmware eith Odin and started the whole process from the beginning. All is good.

Last edited:

sooyongjie

Nov 15, 2015
Puchong
About the installation-howto and just for curiosity:
I know the procedure from other Samsung devices but what is the VBMeta image here? And do I have to use exactly this referenced Odin? Is it patched somehow?
Are all 4 speakers are supported?
Thanks to the devs providing this to us!

Follow the wiki. I followed the instructions and everything went smoothly.

The speakers work, but they sounds terrible. Audio FX helps with the sound more than viper4android can.

Last edited:

bniddl

Nov 17, 2020
Stuck on wiki-tutorial

I have two tablets and I got stuck different steps in the installation-tutorial of lineage-wiki.

First tablet: bootloader is unlocked (unfortunately, my mistake), everything works fine until step 13 (Installing a custom recovery using Odin).
Odin log says: successful. Then, when I press the buttons to power off the tablet and release them immediately when the screen turns black, the tablet makes a reboot instead of powering off (and overwrites twrp). I tried to press "Power + volume up" a millisec after releasing "Power + volume down" but then the orignial recovery menu starts. By the way: in download mode, the tablet says: "Volume Down Key + Power Key for ore than 7 secs: Cancel (restart phone)" I tried to reboot the phone into recovery mode with adb, but adb doesn't recognise the tablet when it is in download mode.

Second tablet: bootloader ist locked, OEM is unlocked, USB-debugging is acitvated. I got stuck at step 11 (Installing a custom recovery using Odin).
Odin log says: failed. Tablet says: Blocked by OEM lock. But OEM is unlocked! I don't want to unlock the bootloader again.

I'm grateful for any help.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
I have two tablets and I got stuck different steps in the installation-tutorial of lineage-wiki.

First tablet: bootloader is unlocked (unfortunately, my mistake), everything works fine until step 13 (Installing a custom recovery using Odin).
Odin log says: successful. Then, when I press the buttons to power off the tablet and release them immediately when the screen turns black, the tablet makes a reboot instead of powering off (and overwrites twrp). I tried to press "Power + volume up" a millisec after releasing "Power + volume down" but then the orignial recovery menu starts. By the way: in download mode, the tablet says: "Volume Down Key + Power Key for ore than 7 secs: Cancel (restart phone)" I tried to reboot the phone into recovery mode with adb, but adb doesn't recognise the tablet when it is in download mode.

Second tablet: bootloader ist locked, OEM is unlocked, USB-debugging is acitvated. I got stuck at step 11 (Installing a custom recovery using Odin).
Odin log says: failed. Tablet says: Blocked by OEM lock. But OEM is unlocked! I don't want to unlock the bootloader again.

I'm grateful for any help.

Try following https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=81575811&postcount=2 instead, just replace gts4lvwifi with gts4lv in URLs.

Finneri

Jun 2, 2016
Is it just me, or are the speaker quality worse now? The audio fx does nothing. With One UI I felt the speakers were more deep and fuller. Anyway to flash a Dolby Atmos or something in here?

bniddl

Nov 17, 2020
Try following https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=81575811&postcount=2 instead, just replace gts4lvwifi with gts4lv in URLs.

Thanks for your quick reply! Your tutorial helped me to understand that I downloaded the wrong file from twrp, so about tablet 1, it was all my fault!

About tablet 2 (bootloader still locked an I would like to keep it locked): lineage-wiki says "rooting the stock firmware is neither necessary nor required". This means, I don't have to unlock the bootloader, doesn't it? In "developer options", OEM is always unlocked. But in download mode the tablet says: "OEM LOCK : ON (U)", and flashing twrp with odin is blocked by OEM.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
Thanks for your quick reply! Your tutorial helped me to understand that I downloaded the wrong file from twrp, so about tablet 1, it was all my fault!

About tablet 2 (bootloader still locked an I would like to keep it locked): lineage-wiki says "rooting the stock firmware is neither necessary nor required". This means, I don't have to unlock the bootloader, doesn't it? In "developer options", OEM is always unlocked. But in download mode the tablet says: "OEM LOCK : ON (U)", and flashing twrp with odin is blocked by OEM.

Umm, you know you need to actually unlock the bootloader?

```
- Boot to download mode manually by plugging in USB and holding all the buttons for few seconds
- Follow instructions on the screen
```

You must have skipped that.

bniddl

Nov 17, 2020
Umm, you know you need to actually unlock the bootloader?
- Boot to download mode manually by plugging in USB and holding all the buttons for few seconds
- Follow instructions on the screen
You must have skipped that.

Yes, because I thougt with odin and samsung download mode I don't need to unlock the bootloader. So I was wrong, thank you!

LyMoMo

Nov 22, 2020
No sound! With random lag,freezes and reboots!

Hi,
Installed on a fully updated stock S5e LTE. and having these issues.
I am not sure if the lack of sound is the cause of this and makes the web browser freeze and close.
Any help appreciated.
I format data after LineageOS install and did not install TWRP app.

I tried the complete install process with each (three) versions of this official build and still the same .

Thanks for looking!

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
Hi,
Installed on a fully updated stock S5e LTE. and having these issues.
I am not sure if the lack of sound is the cause of this and makes the web browser freeze and close.
Any help appreciated.
I format data after LineageOS install and did not install TWRP app.

I tried the complete install process with each (three) versions of this official build and still the same .

Thanks for looking!

Newest firmware is not working in current builds yet. You can downgrade to https://github.com/luk1337/gts4lv-fw/releases/tag/T725XXU1CTI1 for time being, just drop all files in Odin and boot back to lineage.

Benjam_

Nov 23, 2020
Having freezing, sound issues s5e wifi

Hello Hello!
Similar to LyMoMo, but on a new s5e wifi. Installed the latest nightly
I'm experiencing freezes on several pages in settings, plus the volume rocker doesn't work and I'm sometimes unable to get past the device lock screen.
The initial setup app hung at the lineageos-speicific page as well if that's helpful to know.

Thank you for your time!

Very sorry, moving to relevant topic

Last edited:

LyMoMo

Nov 22, 2020
What about the sound from the speakers? Love the S5e for its speaker. If Atmos isn't working ... that would be acceptable, but sound should be good for watching movies/songs.

Sound is working fine! Yes, the speakers are a real stand out on this tablet!
I am not sure how to tell if Atmos is on. I'm just netflix/newpipe/foobar uers^^

bniddl

Nov 17, 2020
separate encryption password - cryptfs

I'd like to have a strong encryption password and a simpler lockscreen one. I use Magisk.
I tried the solution here: https://github.com/nelenkov/cryptfs-password-manager/issues/25#issuecomment-678674265
But it failed:
gts4lv:/ # vdc cryptfs changepw password 1234 1234abcd
vdc V 11-29 11:44:22 3701 3701 vdc.cpp:52] Waited 0ms for vold
vdc E 11-29 11:44:22 3701 3701 vdc.cpp:62] Failed: Status(-8, EX_SERVICE_SPECIFIC): '-1: '
Does anybody know what this means, or has other solutions? Thanks for any help!

93starletgt

Aug 5, 2007
This ROM rocks! I just don't have a recent apps panel/switcher. Nothing happens when pressing the square on the navbar! Restarted, checked every setting. Any idea how to solve this issue?

Last edited:

93starletgt

Aug 5, 2007
This ROM rocks! I just don't have a recent apps panel/switcher. Nothing happens when pressing the square on the navbar! Restarted, checked every setting. Any idea how to solve this issue?

Update: I think this isn't a navbar "button" problem. It seems that the capability of displaying the recent apps panel just isn't there. I've downloaded and tried different navbars, and the square button doesn't do anything either. I'm on the last build by the way.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e LTE variants.​
    Builds are based off the Samsung's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from T725XXU1CTI1 package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Refer to the official Wiki (link bellow)

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    @Shade_of_RA I have already added support for all LTE models, in both branches, the active one and development. You can enjoy now.
    For my records and maybe it helps others too to complete a mostly spy-free Tablet
    Download a few files to PC:
    * Magisk 20.4 (latest stable)
    * from FDRoid.org Fdroid app and AFwall

I flashed Magisk 20.4 (latest stable) directly after flashing the LOS.
    After boot the system I booted back to TWRP and spoofed the ROM as above mentioned.
    Booting into system again I installed FDroid and AFwall first. I configure the firewall to just pass FDroid. Most of my used apps are from there - some others I installed via Aurora - which accesses the Playstore with anonymous account.

In FDroid I added a new packet source: mircroG.org/fdroid/repo.
    In installed from there the latest microG core, framework, Fakestore and Nlp backends.
    Give them rights to pass firewall and do microG selfcheck.
    Hello, can anyone help? I installed lineage, but I can't log in to the kindl apk. I can install but at login time the login screen does not appear. On my Mi 8, with lineage and root I can install and log in to kindle.

Didn't used it for a while, so I installed it now on my LOS S5e. Although I don't give any login data it knows my name and starts synchronizing. That was a bit scary to me! WTF !?!? But it works....
    ( I am running it with Magisk 20.4 + microG - no gapps are involved).
    Thanks for answering to my question... not! I still don't know what usecase you're talking about.
    the soundquality in general. watching tv or movies for example.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone