[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e (LTE)

Search This thread

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
Someone has an idea how to spoof the ROM to make it ready for microG? Can you @bgcngm create a version that is spoofed? I don't undertstand why LOS is not integrating that. One of the goals of Custom Roms is get back control from Samsung and Google....
I started with LOS18 but I guess it is to early for that. The ROM might work, but with Magisk and microG you run into trouble - at least it should be easier with 17.

It is really bit more complex to flash S5e. What is really worse - if something goes wrong it boots into / stucks where you don't have a chance to switch off the device. So be prepared! My laptop isn't able to work with ODIN if files to flash seems to be bigger, as the stock AP. Blame HP!
One question here: Once bootloader is unlocked and I flashed Stock ROM again.
At which point of Wiki can I start than? Is VBmeta to be flashed again?

I guess it is not possible to lock bootloader again after installation of LOS? The huge warnings while booting are annoying.

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
I could manage the spoofing by this little script (attached) out of a Linux shell (adb has to be installed). What is to do:
* Boot into TWRP (Power+Volume+)
* Mount /system
* in a (linux) shell start script (unzip first, make it executable).
I hope I could help someone.

Attachments

• spoof.sh.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 10

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
For my records and maybe it helps others too to complete a mostly spy-free Tablet
Download a few files to PC:
* Magisk 20.4 (latest stable)
* from FDRoid.org Fdroid app and AFwall

I flashed Magisk 20.4 (latest stable) directly after flashing the LOS.
After boot the system I booted back to TWRP and spoofed the ROM as above mentioned.
Booting into system again I installed FDroid and AFwall first. I configure the firewall to just pass FDroid. Most of my used apps are from there - some others I installed via Aurora - which accesses the Playstore with anonymous account.

In FDroid I added a new packet source: mircroG.org/fdroid/repo.
In installed from there the latest microG core, framework, Fakestore and Nlp backends.
Give them rights to pass firewall and do microG selfcheck.

Reactions: DHGE

GBorges01

May 28, 2016
Brasil
Hello, can anyone help? I installed lineage, but I can't log in to the kindl apk. I can install but at login time the login screen does not appear. On my Mi 8, with lineage and root I can install and log in to kindle.

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
Hello, can anyone help? I installed lineage, but I can't log in to the kindl apk. I can install but at login time the login screen does not appear. On my Mi 8, with lineage and root I can install and log in to kindle.

Didn't used it for a while, so I installed it now on my LOS S5e. Although I don't give any login data it knows my name and starts synchronizing. That was a bit scary to me! WTF !?!? But it works....
( I am running it with Magisk 20.4 + microG - no gapps are involved).

Last edited:
Reactions: GBorges01

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
I do have a strange issue. Although I disables "double tap to wake up" (and even reboot device) it happens to me that S5e wakes up while moving and/or touching it. It is not always happen, so til now I didn't found a rule for this behavior.
My impression is that acceleration meter might be involved. Anyone else observed that?

### Edit:
I think I found issue: The "gesture"-feature might be responsible. It seems to be active by default. Not sure what are the criteria, but maybe better to disable that.

Last edited:

lapora

Mar 12, 2019
Today update broke the device. It stuck on lineageos logo. I am gonna try downgrading to last week update and see if it fix the problem.

Edit: Downgrade didn't work i am gonna have to wipe now hopefully i can boot normally after.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e LTE variants.​
    Builds are based off the Samsung's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from T725XXU1CTI1 package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Refer to the official Wiki (link bellow)

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    @Shade_of_RA I have already added support for all LTE models, in both branches, the active one and development. You can enjoy now.
    For my records and maybe it helps others too to complete a mostly spy-free Tablet
    Download a few files to PC:
    * Magisk 20.4 (latest stable)
    * from FDRoid.org Fdroid app and AFwall

I flashed Magisk 20.4 (latest stable) directly after flashing the LOS.
    After boot the system I booted back to TWRP and spoofed the ROM as above mentioned.
    Booting into system again I installed FDroid and AFwall first. I configure the firewall to just pass FDroid. Most of my used apps are from there - some others I installed via Aurora - which accesses the Playstore with anonymous account.

In FDroid I added a new packet source: mircroG.org/fdroid/repo.
    In installed from there the latest microG core, framework, Fakestore and Nlp backends.
    Give them rights to pass firewall and do microG selfcheck.

Didn't used it for a while, so I installed it now on my LOS S5e. Although I don't give any login data it knows my name and starts synchronizing. That was a bit scary to me! WTF !?!? But it works....
    ( I am running it with Magisk 20.4 + microG - no gapps are involved).
    Thanks for answering to my question... not! I still don't know what usecase you're talking about.
    the soundquality in general. watching tv or movies for example.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone