[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e (LTE)

Search This thread

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
yG18r6g.png

Working:
  • Camera
  • WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • Telephony (Calls and Data)
  • Audio (Record and Playback)
  • Video Playback
  • Sensors
  • GPS
  • Encryption (FBE)

Broken:
  • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
Compatible with all Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e LTE variants.​
Builds are based off the Samsung's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from T725XXU1CTI1 package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
  • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
  • Refer to the official Wiki (link bellow)

Credits & collaborations:
All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

Last edited:

Quietsch

Jan 14, 2009
when trying to sideload your Lineage in TWRP i got the following error message. This file is for GTS4LV, your device is GTS4LVLTE. What can i do ?

stepstra

Jan 20, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 11
Samsung Galaxy S23
So thrilled to see this finally coming! Thanks!

My first experiences: among all Samsung devices that I ever owned, this one was by far the most complicated to achieve bootloader unlock and install TWRP - but after 1,5h I finally managed it.

Installing lineage-os via TWRP worked as expected, but ... after 1 min. booting with lineage logo the device stops and reboots into recovery. Anyone got an idea why?

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
So thrilled to see this finally coming! Thanks!

My first experiences: among all Samsung devices that I ever owned, this one was by far the most complicated to achieve bootloader unlock and install TWRP - but after 1,5h I finally managed it.

Installing lineage-os via TWRP worked as expected, but ... after 1 min. booting with lineage logo the device stops and reboots into recovery. Anyone got an idea why?

That's what you get for either not formatting the data or installing twrp app ^.^

Geoz

Nov 22, 2012
I got my tablet last month and will like to try the LOS at the weekend.
If I read the Los wiki correctly I can flash/sideload without rooting. If that's correct, can I root after setting up the ROM?
Thanks in advance.

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
About the installation-howto and just for curiosity:
I know the procedure from other Samsung devices but what is the VBMeta image here? And do I have to use exactly this referenced Odin? Is it patched somehow?
Are all 4 speakers are supported?
Thanks to the devs providing this to us!

Pandinus1979

Oct 22, 2020
i installed twrp, formatted the data and deleted the cache and the system under "advanced delete". when restarting, the lineageos symbol comes up, loads for a while and then boots back into the twrp. what am I doing wrong?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e LTE variants.​
    Builds are based off the Samsung's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from T725XXU1CTI1 package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Refer to the official Wiki (link bellow)

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    @Shade_of_RA I have already added support for all LTE models, in both branches, the active one and development. You can enjoy now.
    For my records and maybe it helps others too to complete a mostly spy-free Tablet
    Download a few files to PC:
    * Magisk 20.4 (latest stable)
    * from FDRoid.org Fdroid app and AFwall

I flashed Magisk 20.4 (latest stable) directly after flashing the LOS.
    After boot the system I booted back to TWRP and spoofed the ROM as above mentioned.
    Booting into system again I installed FDroid and AFwall first. I configure the firewall to just pass FDroid. Most of my used apps are from there - some others I installed via Aurora - which accesses the Playstore with anonymous account.

In FDroid I added a new packet source: mircroG.org/fdroid/repo.
    In installed from there the latest microG core, framework, Fakestore and Nlp backends.
    Give them rights to pass firewall and do microG selfcheck.
    Hello, can anyone help? I installed lineage, but I can't log in to the kindl apk. I can install but at login time the login screen does not appear. On my Mi 8, with lineage and root I can install and log in to kindle.

Didn't used it for a while, so I installed it now on my LOS S5e. Although I don't give any login data it knows my name and starts synchronizing. That was a bit scary to me! WTF !?!? But it works....
    ( I am running it with Magisk 20.4 + microG - no gapps are involved).
    Thanks for answering to my question... not! I still don't know what usecase you're talking about.
    the soundquality in general. watching tv or movies for example.