• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 17.1 for Xiaomi Mi 5

Search This thread

mruibal

Apr 19, 2011
I must say that after installing this firmware
https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/download/?file=fw_gemini_miui_MI5Global_8.11.22_c5d7ee6745_8.0.zip
GPS was working, gmaps also working but tooks 10 minutes or more to get gps location and it is a little unstable obtaining speed.
I just installed this firmware without making any wipes, with yesterday version of Lineageos, using twrp as any other zip.
Thank you all for your awesome work.

Thank you! I installed it but did not solved gps issues. I will try with wipes.

Enviado desde mi ZUK Z1 mediante Tapatalk

ifgrecu

Jan 16, 2019
Roman
I've done it, you guys.. Don't know what, but I can't get a gps lock. I've installed GPS test and it seems that my device doesn't see any European GPS sattelites.. GPS lock is almost non existent.
Any ideea on how to fix? My intuition is that this is what's wrong with the GPS.

tgrzebien

Dec 24, 2012
I have Pixel experience on my mi 5. What is least invasive method to go on lineage? I don't want to clean install and upload everything from the beginning and configure.

_n1c0

Apr 3, 2019
I've done it, you guys.. Don't know what, but I can't get a gps lock. I've installed GPS test and it seems that my device doesn't see any European GPS sattelites.. GPS lock is almost non existent.
Any ideea on how to fix? My intuition is that this is what's wrong with the GPS.
Did you try FasterGPS, it's an editor for the gps.conf file

ifgrecu

Jan 16, 2019
Roman
I've managed to improve the GPS connectivity. There's a magisk module in the repository: global optimized GPS file replacer. It seems to work like magic. If someone else tries it, I'm curious if the works better aswel or not.

topo01

Aug 10, 2014
Munich
Xiaomi Mi 5
I think developer is not interested this rom except security updates, because it has 2 years gps and cpu mhz problem.
Hey you shouldn't write that! We have Android 10 running on our 2016 device and I'm super grateful for the developers work! And many of us have no issues with gps and / or cpu (like I do).

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi 5 using XDA Labs

pl4yeR

Dec 20, 2008
Well, this is weird. GPS was working perfect in unofficial builds.

Something is broken since officials. Maybe blobs?

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

filepe

Dec 29, 2012
The Mi5's GPS was never very good, with an average accuracy of 9m on the Miui and Los 16. However, after the latest updates, it also got worse for me. After 10 or 15 minutes it is fixed, but it is easily lost, even with a clear sky. A pity, because the rom is good. We hope that the developer can fix the problem soon.

deswink

Nov 24, 2016
I've also had a lot of GPS problems with the official release. Today I decided to follow someone's advice to install: "Enchanted LineageOS 17.1 with 4.4 kernel", which can be found on this forum as well. With this rom my GPS problems completely disappeared, and my GPS gets a lock in mere seconds.

The downside is that I had to do a clean installation, but for anyone that is also growing tired of the GPS problems I can definitely recommend that ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Broken / not yet supported:
    • VoLTE (?)

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • HW crypto (FDE)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi 5 variants (32GB / 64GB / 128GB). Xiaomi Mi 5S and 5S Plus are not supported.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 8.0 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI V10.2.2.0.OAAMIXM global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 5 - Direct link)
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • Current minimal * required * firmware version is MIUI V10.2.2.0.OAAMIXM global stable, otherwise installation will fail. Download the latest dev fastboot package directly from Xiaomi and flash it prior to installing LineageOS or, alternatively, download and install one of the latest custom packages containing firmware only (at your own risk).
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    This work is due to efforts from Mi5Devs founding members (@h2o64 and me) that did the full device bring-up. Huge thanks to @deovferreira for all the help during the kernel bring-up after source code dropped. Last but not least, pleasure having @luca020400 and @LuK1337 onboard since the bring-up of the whole Xiaomi 8996 family.​
    Finally, all LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    Will Mi5 migrate from los 17 -> los17.1 with fixes? We have been waiting for the update with impatience for a month now, I hope you have not "abandoned" us, thanks for continuing to support our device.

Yes, the next build will be 17.1 and I will be releasing it this week. I didn't abandon you guys, don't worry.
    Good news, folks. I decided to move Mi 5 to official 17.1 builds. :victory:
    The new build is up as promised. Enjoy! :highfive:
    Guess what... a new build is up. Let's see if if I can enable official nightlies soon. :fingers-crossed: