• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 17.1 for Xiaomi Mi 5

Search This thread

i23098

Jun 17, 2013
I have Revolut and it always worked correctly. Today I open and got an error message saying "Sorry, Revolut is not supported on rooted devices"

Screenshot_20210115-124359_Revolut.png

I did not root it and it passes all Safety Net tests

Screenshot_20210115-153719_Root_Checker.png Screenshot_20210115-153752_Root_Checker.png

I talked with Revolut support and the answer was that the new version requires the original android OS and won't support custom roms :(

Anyone has similar issue? Is there any workaround? What can they be testing (and why is LineageOS failing it)?

Last edited:

topo01

Aug 10, 2014
Munich
Xiaomi Mi 5
I have Revolut and it always worked correctly. Today I open and got an error message saying "Sorry, Revolut is not supported on rooted devices"

View attachment 5188173

View attachment 5188287 View attachment 5188289

I talked with Revolut support and the answer was that the new version requires the original android OS and won't support custom roms :(

Anyone has similar issue? Is there any workaround? What can they be testing (and why is LineageOS failing it)?
Perhaps it recognizes your open boot loader.

topo01

Aug 10, 2014
Munich
Xiaomi Mi 5
Is there anything we can do about it? Probably not :( Was searching about it and it seems Magisk could but not anymore https://www.xda-developers.com/magisk-no-longer-hide-bootloader-unlock-status/

If all the banking applications start doing this, it could be the start of the end for LineageOS... At least on people's main device.
I fear this risk too.
My health insurance app occasionally shows some root related message and shuts down even though my device is not rooted. But after restarting at least I can complete my task. I complained to the dev reasoning that my system is probably much more secure than most stock roms and that a decent dev should know what LOS is. But i never heard back from them...

yevac

Jun 14, 2020
Hi, just updated to latest nightly 20210117 from 20210110 nightly. Device is now stuck in bootloop. Anyone else have this issue? I know magisk had a lot of updates recently so I'm thinking if its some kind of conflict with that.

i23098

Jun 17, 2013
Hi, just updated to latest nightly 20210117 from 20210110 nightly. Device is now stuck in bootloop. Anyone else have this issue? I know magisk had a lot of updates recently so I'm thinking if its some kind of conflict with that.

I'm on 20210117 and it's ok but I do not use magisk (I have installed only lineage + open gapps)

Reactions: topo01

uli-hh

Aug 10, 2014
Hamburg, Germany
Just updated to latest nightly 20210117 from 20210103 nightly. Flashing with no error. Also magisk 21.4 did his work. No problems here.
Btw. I'm using the 3.5.0_9-0 TWRP.

yevac

Jun 14, 2020
Thanks for the support i23098 and uli-hh. Problem may have been due to edXposed, the program states it can cause issues with bootloops. Usually able to resolve these issues in twrp by uninstalling magisk and or removing the modules but it didnt work for me this time.

Did a full wipe and installed lineage-18.1-20210105-UNOFFICIAL-gemini.zip with NikGApps Core and Magisk 21.4. I was actually on an older twrp 3.3.1.0 so I updated that also to 3.5.0_9-0.

Everything I've tried so far is perfect and is buttery smooth. Not that I had any issues with 17.1. Thanks so much to bgcngm, its crazy this phone still gets supported.

Will have to reconsider using edXposed this time, there's a few modules I really like but not at the cost of potential bootloops.

Reactions: i23098

booci

Jan 28, 2009
Buzau

View attachment 5188173

View attachment 5188287 View attachment 5188289

lineage-17.1-20210117-nightly-gemini-signed + open_gapps-arm64-10.0-pico-20210121 + Revolut v7.32
Everything working fine. Are you sure you don't have any mods installed?

ivanmara

Aug 12, 2008
BUG: In latest los 17, in the settings i turn OFF notifications on lock screen, but when ANY notification arrives, the screen turns on without a message for any application which negatively affects the battery. In Los 16 everything was ok and screen does not light up on notification. How do I fix this problem?

Last edited:

eriol1

Feb 16, 2015
BUG: In latest los 17, in the settings i turn OFF notifications on lock screen, but when ANY notification arrives, the screen turns on without a message for any application which negatively affects the battery. In Los 16 everything was ok and screen does not light up on notification. How do I fix this problem?
Turn off ambient display

ivanmara

Aug 12, 2008
Display > Advanced > Lock screen display

Also, you can search settings (search bar / search icon at top of every settings screen)

I dont have "ambient display" setting (see screenshot)! ... maybe somewhere else or is it called in another way?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210124-230750_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210124-230750_Settings.png
    141.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20210124-230744_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210124-230744_Settings.png
    119.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20210124-230737_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210124-230737_Settings.png
    116.2 KB · Views: 22

eriol1

Feb 16, 2015
The search has not given any results. Could you take a screenshot with this option?
I'm on an older build, from July. I really should get around to doing a backup and updating 😅
Anyway here are some screenshots

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210127-003316_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210127-003316_Settings.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20210127-003238_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210127-003238_Settings.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 35

CptSpartano

Mar 31, 2018
Hi, last update from today seems to mess with the touch display. I can't unlock the phone after reboot because when I try to draw the pattern, instead of detecting my finger sliding, it detects lot of presses (if you know what I mean). I don't know if I am the only one

i23098

Jun 17, 2013
Hi, last update from today seems to mess with the touch display. I can't unlock the phone after reboot because when I try to draw the pattern, instead of detecting my finger sliding, it detects lot of presses (if you know what I mean). I don't know if I am the only one

I'm still a couple of releases behind but if so, I now worry to update as I also use a pattern...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Broken / not yet supported:
    • VoLTE (?)

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • HW crypto (FDE)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi 5 variants (32GB / 64GB / 128GB). Xiaomi Mi 5S and 5S Plus are not supported.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 8.0 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI V10.2.2.0.OAAMIXM global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 5 - Direct link)
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • Current minimal * required * firmware version is MIUI V10.2.2.0.OAAMIXM global stable, otherwise installation will fail. Download the latest dev fastboot package directly from Xiaomi and flash it prior to installing LineageOS or, alternatively, download and install one of the latest custom packages containing firmware only (at your own risk).
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    This work is due to efforts from Mi5Devs founding members (@h2o64 and me) that did the full device bring-up. Huge thanks to @deovferreira for all the help during the kernel bring-up after source code dropped. Last but not least, pleasure having @luca020400 and @LuK1337 onboard since the bring-up of the whole Xiaomi 8996 family.​
    Finally, all LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    Will Mi5 migrate from los 17 -> los17.1 with fixes? We have been waiting for the update with impatience for a month now, I hope you have not "abandoned" us, thanks for continuing to support our device.

Yes, the next build will be 17.1 and I will be releasing it this week. I didn't abandon you guys, don't worry.
    Good news, folks. I decided to move Mi 5 to official 17.1 builds. :victory:
    The new build is up as promised. Enjoy! :highfive:
    Guess what... a new build is up. Let's see if if I can enable official nightlies soon. :fingers-crossed: