• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 17.1 for Xiaomi Mi 5

Search This thread

lomniom

Nov 19, 2008
It is not about patience. It just works as it is and I'm fine with that.
"Not yet" means "not yet".
But "not yet" does not necessarily mean "it will".
This is why I was asking if "it will" :)

It will. The dev wrote this in another post of LOS 16.
"To be really honest, this is the first time that I am seeing complains about GPS. I am quite surprised because it was always working fine for me when this device was my daily driver. I am currently working on promoting it to 17.1 and certainly GPS is something that I will thoroughly test."

When he has enough time to do, he will. Even if he won't, no one here is paying him any salary to do so.

PsychoGame

May 18, 2012
Koudum
Hello @bgcngm,
I've been using your latest test-build as daily driver for a week now.
I'm running a clean install without Gapps.
Also my device doesn't have magisk, root or any other mods installed, so a pure clean install of LineageOs 17.1.
I have to say that I'm really impressed by the rom's performance.
I haven't encountered any bugs so far in my daily use of the rom.
Because some people mentioned bad GPS performance I made sure to give some more attention to testing it, and I have to say that I am unable to reproduce the complaints of bad GPS performance.
I have tested in different weather conditions to make sure GPS performs under the different atmospheric conditions and I have to say I get GPS fixes within 5-10 seconds on average.
Also the app SatStat shows connections with Baidu, Glonass and regular GPS satellites, so the different protocols all seem to work.

To everybody else who keeps asking about ETA's. Like the post before this one mentions.
1. This device isn't the developers daily driver (main device).
2. If you think development is going to slow, just learn how to start developing on your own. (Google is your friend. There's plenty information online.)
3. If you appreciate the developer's hard work, which usually consumes a lot of spare time, maybe consider to donate a cup of coffee for the devs, to enjoy in his own actual spare time.

Even people who don't even know any coding, or don't want to spend any time learning development can be a valuable source of information for the developer. For everybody who is running the test-build, just give your feedback. Even if you don't experience any problems, let the developer know your experience with the rom.
Even you encounter any bugs, try to reproduce it for yourself, and don't forget to take logs shortly after the bug occurs. Try to write down the steps to reproduce the bug as detailed as possible, so the developer will be able to reproduce it himself as well.
I think i've said enough for now. Just enjoy the rom the developer provides us with, and stay safe and healthy.

Greetings Jasper

Last edited:

Halouf

Aug 16, 2009
Using it for a couple of days now !
Nice work. Coming from PE, battery is far better.
Few comments:
- sometimes it hangs, have to reboot (seems to come from launcher)
- when charging, there is a huge drop in performance

Reactions: SaViNGOD

Yarda770

Dec 19, 2013
Prague
Xiaomi Mi 5
OnePlus Nord
Strange, in my experience it is exactly the other way around.
QC gets both the phone and the charger only slightly warm and relatively usable.
5V charging (2.1A) on the other hand gets both hot and the phone even drops touch screen inputs (clicks registered as double clicks and swipes registered as series of clicks).
YMMW but for me QC impacts the phone usability way less.
(This is on 16.0)

eriol1

Feb 16, 2015
Strange, in my experience it is exactly the other way around.
QC gets both the phone and the charger only slightly warm and relatively usable.
5V charging (2.1A) on the other hand gets both hot and the phone even drops touch screen inputs (clicks registered as double clicks and swipes registered as series of clicks).
YMMW but for me QC impacts the phone usability way less.
(This is on 16.0)
It may be due to the specific charger you're using.

I've had what turned out to be a fake Samsung charger that would cause 2 mi5 units I have to behave as you say while charging. (and the charger got quite hot)

With a different Samsung charger that I have (exactly like the first but genuine), and some no brand charger I have, using the phones while charging worked fine. (and chargers didn't get quite as hot)

I also have 2 qc3 chargers, and also with these the phone can be used while charging. (and also these chargers don't get as hot as the fake Samsung one)

Another thing to be aware of is cables. Not all type C cables are actually up to standard, and some of those cheaply made cables can cause problems as well.

Wlld1

May 15, 2009
Novosibirsk
All android phones that I had getting laggy on charge. On Mi5 CPU does not cooling properly and after 45°C start throttling. I put 0,3mm copper plate between the CPU and LCD plate with thermal greace. Now charging probelem gone. I never charge phone with current above 1,5A.

HolGer749

Oct 19, 2016
Charging issue

I successfully updated to the latest build (20200408), but now there's a charging issue. The battery won't charge anymore, neither via USB/PC, nor with a charger. Any idea? I was coming from 14.1, wiped dalvik, cache, system, vendor, data.

Maybe a problem with the firmware I used? Links on first post are broken (Xiaomi) or dated (XDA). Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Shardana

May 14, 2015
Hi everyone. I don't use this rom, but the problem of high temperature lag when recharging the battery is also present on the rom I use. And he started doing it from about 2 updates. The various rom have a common basis, probably the problem is there. I had never noticed it before.
Sorry if I write without using this rom, but looking, I happened here, and the problem that came out at the same time cannot be just a coincidence, I think ??*♂️

Reactions: devilblessed

aimfly

Nov 9, 2016
how should i do disable fingerprint authentication vibration ?

change following content in source code frameworks/base/services/core/java/com/android/server/biometrics/ClientMonitor.java, and compile own build, could disable it.

public final void vibrateSuccess() {
Vibrator vibrator = mContext.getSystemService(Vibrator.class);
if (vibrator != null) {
vibrator.vibrate(mSuccessVibrationEffect, FINGERPRINT_SONFICATION_ATTRIBUTES);
}
}

public final void vibrateError() {
Vibrator vibrator = mContext.getSystemService(Vibrator.class);
if (vibrator != null) {
vibrator.vibrate(mErrorVibrationEffect, FINGERPRINT_SONFICATION_ATTRIBUTES);
}
}

TheSourceNL

May 7, 2015
Redmi K20 Pro
Any suggestions?
Did a complete clean install, formatted, whipped all.
transfered image + opengapps, installed without error.
whipe cache / davilex, reboot
rom boots, but takes like 20min of longer (I gave up) on the linage boot logo (line with dot going from left to right).
Seems stuck in this process.
Tried another ROM (pixel experience), but it gives an error on trying to install it.
Kinda stuck now. Does anybody have a solution for me?

louloox

Aug 16, 2015
Toulouse

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Any suggestions?
Did a complete clean install, formatted, whipped all.
transfered image + opengapps, installed without error.
whipe cache / davilex, reboot
rom boots, but takes like 20min of longer (I gave up) on the linage boot logo (line with dot going from left to right).
Seems stuck in this process.
Tried another ROM (pixel experience), but it gives an error on trying to install it.
Kinda stuck now. Does anybody have a solution for me?
Hi,
I had the same issue when installing the twrp as system app when prompted before restarting.
It worked fine without installing it for me.
Cheers,

Reactions: TheSourceNL

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    where can I download the latest build lineageos 17.1 ?
    link deleted from server :(
    I've send you a PM
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Broken / not yet supported:
    • VoLTE (?)

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • HW crypto (FDE)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi 5 variants (32GB / 64GB / 128GB). Xiaomi Mi 5S and 5S Plus are not supported.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 8.0 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI V10.2.2.0.OAAMIXM global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 5 - Direct link)
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • Current minimal * required * firmware version is MIUI V10.2.2.0.OAAMIXM global stable, otherwise installation will fail. Download the latest dev fastboot package directly from Xiaomi and flash it prior to installing LineageOS or, alternatively, download and install one of the latest custom packages containing firmware only (at your own risk).
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    This work is due to efforts from Mi5Devs founding members (@h2o64 and me) that did the full device bring-up. Huge thanks to @deovferreira for all the help during the kernel bring-up after source code dropped. Last but not least, pleasure having @luca020400 and @LuK1337 onboard since the bring-up of the whole Xiaomi 8996 family.​
    Finally, all LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    Will Mi5 migrate from los 17 -> los17.1 with fixes? We have been waiting for the update with impatience for a month now, I hope you have not "abandoned" us, thanks for continuing to support our device.

Yes, the next build will be 17.1 and I will be releasing it this week. I didn't abandon you guys, don't worry.
    Good news, folks. I decided to move Mi 5 to official 17.1 builds. :victory:
    The new build is up as promised. Enjoy! :highfive:
    Guess what... a new build is up. Let's see if if I can enable official nightlies soon. :fingers-crossed: