• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 17.1 for Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S

Search This thread

Yanii3004

Oct 21, 2018
Gent
Last edited:

Tiptip1

Feb 25, 2018

Yanii3004

Oct 21, 2018
Gent
Hi,

I'm currently on the last lineage os version but not the last firmware/

It's not clear for me : Is-it possible to update to the last Xiaomi firmware without losing Gapps & Lineage OS settings (not having to reinstall everything) :
- I just have to flash the Xiaomi firmware and Magisk ?

thx

You can just flash the firmware without losing anything. Just make a back-up to be sure, you never know

tom65824

Aug 3, 2018
Hi all... Still running LOS 16. Whats the best way to save your settings and Apps before upgrading to LOS 17.x ? I still dont dare it to Upgrade and lost all my data :p

Hello again...
I need another hand.

I want to go from los 16 to 17.1 without losing or reinstalling my data. Is that possible and if so how do I proceed ?
A dirtyflash from 16 to 17.1 is not possible. (Error7)

I have to download the vendor version https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/vendor/polaris/ first ?
and then install LOS 17.1 plus gapps ? But then I lose my data, or how did you restore your data ? (via Titanium Backup ?)

thank you in advance

Last edited:

Emre-24

May 24, 2020
Bluetooth Latency Fix

Hey, is it possible to implement a function to manual adjust the sync of sound and video playback? Like the function in VLC MediaPlayer? It is adjustable from -300 ms to +300ms.
Would be awesome to use low end bluetooth in ear headphones while watching streams like netflix, amazon and youtube.
Due the codecs it is normal that there is a latency. While hearing music it is fine none cares but when lip movement and sound is out of sync it is weird.

Emre-24

May 24, 2020
Which File Systems?

Unfortunately I was unclear with my command on the terminal and erased userdata and cache with fastboot.
Dont know which was the default filesystem for the partitions.

system: f2fs or ext4?
cache: ext4?
data: ext4 or exfat?

Thank you

Cubiss

Aug 15, 2016
Brno
Unfortunately I was unclear with my command on the terminal and erased userdata and cache with fastboot.
Dont know which was the default filesystem for the partitions.

system: f2fs or ext4?
cache: ext4?
data: ext4 or exfat?

Thank you

On my device all of these are ext4, everything working properly:
/dev/block/sde48 on /system type ext4 (rw,seclabel,relatime)
/dev/block/sda21 on /data type ext4 (rw,seclabel,relatime,data=ordered)
/dev/block/sda20 on /cache type ext4 (rw,seclabel,relatime,data=ordered)

RunNgun42

Jul 14, 2010
Any fixes for VoLTE on verizon? The signal drops LTE and defaults to CDMA which is awful. Dialer codes/Preferred Network Type/VoLTE toggle do nothing.

sk4c

Sep 14, 2011
paris
Hello,
i am on miui 12 android 10 from Xiaomi.eu.
if I want to switch my smartphone to lineage, I just have to
Reboot to recovery (TWRP 3.3.1.1 recovery for Mi MIX 2S)
Format /system, /data and /cache
Install LineageOS zip package
Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice ?

Last edited:

Berlino

Aug 8, 2012
Hello,
Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi MIX 2S)

If Xiaomi.eu-Rom still is unencrypted, you'll have to FORMAT the data-partition in TWRP (not only wipe) in order to flash and boot LineageOS afterwards. FORMAT data (you have to confim it with 'yes' in TWRP) wipes the whole internal storage of your device -> so backup your files (photos, music etc) beforehand.

LineageOS uses the blobs of latest MIUI V11.0.5.0.QDGMIXM global stable, whereas Xiaomi.eu uses the firmware/files of MIUI china weekly. To ensure fingerprint scanner and other sensors work as expected, you'll have to flash global stable firmware of MIUI V11.0.5.0.QDGMIXM from here (it's a flashable zip-file) before installing LineageOS.

Reactions: sk4c

RunNgun42

Jul 14, 2010
Hello,
Reboot to recovery (TWRP 3.3.1.1 recovery for Mi MIX 2S)

Wipe dalvik/system/cache/data
FORMAT data.
Install LOS.

If your recovery is overwritten back to stock:
install adbtools C:\adbtools
Download TWRP for Polaris and rename to twrp.img
Copy twrp.img to c:\adbtools
Connect phone via USB
open command prompt and type "fastboot boot twrp.img"

ntmastr

Sep 19, 2019
It seems like the screen cast functionality has been broken for at least the past few updates. Whenever I try to cast to my Windows 10 PC, I get a message that says "Wfd Service keeps stopping". The Connect app on Windows keeps popping up trying to connect, and the screen cast icon shows up on my phone, but it just won't work. I've tried on the last three builds, and have the same problem. I last used the screen cast ability on the June 26 build, and it worked fine then. I haven't made any changes to my phone since, other than updating LineageOS.

immerzu

Jul 26, 2008
Hello,

I am disturbed by the very bright LED when the phone is charging. The LED does not go out even when the phone is fully charged. I reduced the LED brightness to 1% in the settings, but it always gets so bright.

Ask for help.

Thanks.

lineage-17.1-20200814-nightly-polaris-signed.zip

frauhottelmann

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2007
Hello,

I am disturbed by the very bright LED when the phone is charging. The LED does not go out even when the phone is fully charged. I reduced the LED brightness to 1% in the settings, but it always gets so bright.

Ask for help.

Thanks.

lineage-17.1-20200814-nightly-polaris-signed.zip
Go to settings > apps & notifications > notifications. Go down to advanced and then battery led.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png
    Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.5.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi MIX 2S)
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    New build is up, with January's ASB patches included.
    Just for your info, I have just uploaded a new build that contains the boot image that fixes the deep sleep issues.
    A new build is up, with a couple more features and this month's ASB merged.