• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 17.1 for Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S

Search This thread

lois2k8

Sep 4, 2013
Hi,
After updating to last lineage 17.1 today, i lost my 4g mobile network connectivity. I only get H+, which, for some reason does not work at all-no page loads. Is it something on my unit alone, or a real bug? I updated through the built-in lineage updater.
Thanks!

Sir_Bommel

Dec 9, 2014
Hi Guys, I want to switch the ROM from pixel experience back to Los 17. Is there a way to do it without a full reset? Can I just format system and flash LOS? I don't want to lose all installed apps.

Thx for your help.
Best regards

Sir_Bommel

Sir_Bommel

Dec 9, 2014
Could some one tell me what the SeLinux status should be on lineage? I got one App saying my phone is rooted but I don't have root installed. SeLinux ist set to permissive.
Thx for your help.

Berlino

Aug 8, 2012
Could some one tell me what the SeLinux status should be on lineage? I got one App saying my phone is rooted but I don't have root installed. SeLinux ist set to permissive.
Thx for your help.

SELinux should be set as enforcing without root.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200928-200708_LineageOS-Einstellungen.png
    Screenshot_20200928-200708_LineageOS-Einstellungen.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 173

Cubiss

Aug 15, 2016
Brno
Is thread inactivity a good thing meaning there are no issues with the ROM or is it a bad thing meaning nobody uses the ROM anymore?

Anyway, just wanted to share some love for @bgcngm!

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

Is thread inactivity a good thing meaning there are no issues with the ROM or is it a bad thing meaning nobody uses the ROM anymore?

aurocha

May 24, 2013
Oporto

Of course people are using the ROM and very happily I might add.

I think inactivity is because the Dev is probably working on porting stuff over to LOS 18.

There aren't any issues currently on LOS 17.1 so just enjoying it's stability.

Cheers,

m0d

Nov 3, 2010
@bgcngm
I have an issue when I call someone.
The other side cant hear me.
When they call me back it seems to work.
Also calling landlines seems to work, but when I call other mobiles, mainly iphones, the dont seem able to hear me.
Another thing is that volume is not that high on maximum.

I am on:
lineage_polaris-userdebug 10 QQ3A.200805.001 5310434a40
Using:
  • lineage-17.1-20201023-nightly-polaris-signed
  • fw_polaris_miui_MIMIX2SGlobal_V12.0.1.0.QDGMIXM_1f5f076ae3_10.0
IMG-20201104-121033.jpg

It happened also on previous weeklies.
My hw is the Mix 2s 8GB/256GB configuration.

m0d

Nov 3, 2010
After finally being able to connect to printer via wifi-direct,
I noticed that their is no setting to fit image to page making it useless as parts of the image gets cropped off no matter what size of paper chosen or portrait/landscape:
IMG-20201104-201943.jpg

Also, trying to save to pdf first results in same thing, as seen in above screenshot
@bgcngm
LineageOS has code for fit-to-page but it is not displayed:
https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...uiltInPrintService/search?q=fit+to+page&type=

https://github.com/LineageOS/androi.../com/android/bips/jni/LocalJobParams.java#L51

Last edited:

cvamoose

@bgcngm
I have an issue when I call someone.
The other side cant hear me.
When they call me back it seems to work.
Also calling landlines seems to work, but when I call other mobiles, mainly iphones, the dont seem able to hear me.
Another thing is that volume is not that high on maximum.

I am on:
lineage_polaris-userdebug 10 QQ3A.200805.001 5310434a40
Using:
lineage-17.1-20201023-nightly-polaris-signed
fw_polaris_miui_MIMIX2SGlobal_V12.0.1.0.QDGMIXM_1f5f076ae3_10.0

It happened also on previous weeklies.
My hw is the Mix 2s 8GB/256GB configuration.

Afaik los for polaris still uses blobs from miui global 11.0.5.0. Have you tried using the that firmware version to see if that resolves the issue for you?

m0d

Nov 3, 2010
Compatibility:
Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S variants.
Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.4.0 global stable package.​

Afaik los for polaris still uses blobs from miui global 11.0.5.0. Have you tried using the that firmware version to see if that resolves the issue for you?
11.0.5.0 or 11.0.4.0 ?

I guess it is 11.0.5.0 according to this commit - https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...mmit/2ae18b233e73ac7b05873ae58ad277e8199c065c

OP needs updating.

Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png
    Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.5.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi MIX 2S)
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    New build is up, with January's ASB patches included.
    Just for your info, I have just uploaded a new build that contains the boot image that fixes the deep sleep issues.
    A new build is up, with a couple more features and this month's ASB merged.