Search This thread

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
yG18r6g.png

Working:
  • Camera (and flashlight)
  • WiFi
  • NFC
  • Bluetooth
  • Telephony (Calls and Data)
  • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
  • Audio (Record and Playback)
  • Video Playback
  • Sensors
  • GPS
  • Encryption (FBE)
  • Built-in keyboard

Broken:
  • WiFi Display

Compatibility:
Compatible with all F(x)tec Pro1 variants.​
Builds are based off the F(x)tec's Android 9 firmware with proprietary blobs from 20200825231445 package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
  • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
  • Refer to the official Wiki (link bellow)

Credits & collaborations:
Special thanks to tdm and mccreary for early bringup. All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

Last edited:

shubell

Apr 21, 2011
Today i did some flashing and noticed that you can't read the sd card from the 18 recovery.
IMG-20201119-140408.jpg

lefr0nk

May 25, 2019

Thanks. Do you have a recovery/boot.img also, that I can use to flash this? Or can I use the 17.1 from the LOS repo?
I tried, it complains about mismatching signature, then, depending on date it complains about downgrading, and at the end, installation fails. (With kDownloadMetadataSignatureMismatch)
Do you have a v18 boot.img fitting (signature/version) your provided zip file?

@Kaustubhx, @khusika, @Wheeljack2k, @shubell, @nift4: how did u make use of this upload?

Last edited:

nift4

May 22, 2019
nift4.github.io
Moto G5
F(x)tec Pro1
Thanks. Do you have a recovery/boot.img also, that I can use to flash this? Or can I use the 17.1 from the LOS repo?
I tried, it complains about mismatching signature, then, depending on date it complains about downgrading, and at the end, installation fails. (With kDownloadMetadataSignatureMismatch)
Do you have a v18 boot.img fitting (signature/version) your provided zip file?

@Kaustubhx, @khusika, @Wheeljack2k, @shubell, @nift4: how did u make use of this upload?
I didn't ;) I still am on Q

altomes

Jul 13, 2009
Holland
Any word on if IMS will wind up working in the near future? I'm stuck on Verizon through work, and I won't be able to make any calls without.

shubell

Apr 21, 2011
New build works, volte working. The only issue is that the exists is with gapps (threre are no good ones yet), so if you don't use them the build is great. Upgrade from 18 worked. Open_gapps-arm64-11.0-micro-20201116-TEST which are the latest ones prevent you from booting, missing some permissions.
Recovery also fixed, you can select updates from sdcard again.
Nikgapps work, magisk works

Last edited:

Die Bruine

Jan 2, 2008
Bought my wife a new phone and confiscated her Pro1, since she wasn't using the keyboard anyway (ghosting bug). Sick and tired of waiting on my phones (since september).

Anyway, took the plunge. Running LoS 18. Curious as to what I will find. Thanks to all!

After a day's use:
Physical camera button doesn't do anything (not that I ever used it). My bad, had to program it, works with all installed camera apps, nice!
One time the Caps lock LED got inverted, reboot fixed that.
Nice to see the fabulous camera app is still in use :s
Text ghosting gone (issue on LoS 17 for me and some others)
One nuisance; I use Swiftkey and used the shortcut bar for emoticons in Hangouts. But the Swiftkey bar doesn't show under/in Hangouts. Strangely enough it shows up in all other apps!!! It also shows you text predictions (landscape + physical keyboard). I'm assuming this will never be fixed since I'm probably on of the last that uses Hangouts.

So far so good 👌🏾

@shubell
Running your version and Nikgapps Omni, the dialer (call-interface) doesn't show when calling. I can call someone, but I do not see that the call is being made. No in interface, no dialer, can't hang-up... But the calls do succeed.
And I cannot accept a call since the dialer doesn't show up...

Last edited:

shubell

Apr 21, 2011
Reactions: Die Bruine

Die Bruine

Jan 2, 2008
I was down for a couple of days (torn muscle). Just tried new Omni and that did the trick, thanks.
Your version doesn't support HD-Audio over Bluetooth. And I'm having some issues with CAPS-lock interference with Swiftkey (always on). Also that little nuisance of me not being able to get that Swiftkey overlay under Hangouts.
Just downloaded lineage-18.1-20210105-UNOFFICIAL-pro1.zip, flashing now. By the way, haven't had a single issue apart from mentioned above.... Daily driver for me, heavy user I might add. Ow, Maps doesn't work. But judging by the response in the store, I don't think it's a LoS-issue. After first use I have to uninstall it.

But, let's just ignore it all. Updating to lineage-18.1-20210105-UNOFFICIAL-pro1.zip and flashing Omni again....

Update from shubell's version didn't go well, bootloop. Then I sideloaded both slots (reboots) flashed omni both slots. Now it's alive again. But some Google apps die out on me. I have to re-install them (clear cache didn't work).

By the way, how and /or why do you clear cache? Where is it located now? I thought it changed/merged starting form 10 or 11. So clearing cache wouldn't do JS right!?

Last edited:

shubell

Apr 21, 2011
doesn't support HD-Audio over Bluetooth.

Checked the bluetooth audio codecs and the only not grey-outed option is the basic SBC codec.
Don't really know how many options were on LOS 16 and my bluetooth device.

So basically if the HD-Audio option is also not availiable only the basic SBC version works and not the improved SBC-XQ

Last edited:

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
Checked the bluetooth audio codecs and the only not grey-outed option is the basic SBC codec.
Don't really know how many options were on LOS 16 and my bluetooth device.

So basically if the HD-Audio option is also not availiable only the basic SBC version works and not the improved SBC-XQ
HD audio is available and the codecs will appear and can be selected if device and headset support it. As far as it concerns to SBC-XQ, that wasn't ported over.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210113-143304_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210113-143304_Settings.png
    130 KB · Views: 57

Die Bruine

Jan 2, 2008
Seeing is believing I guess. Took me a couple of days, but I managed to try out two headsets and two receivers. None of them switch to LDAC. My ORA headset for example did switch to LDAC on LoS 16. Since I have no experience with LoS 18 and HD-audio I wouldn't know if there is a toggle switch. But under LoS 16 there was the option of HD-Audio under Bluetooth settings.
Also, I tried all different combinations of BT AVCR/MAP and re-pairing. LDAC does not show up in my case. It's worthy mentioning that all products I use (surely three out of four) use the CSR8675. So I'm guessing the handshake between LoS 18 and CSR8675 to switch to LDAC isn't going very well. Too bad, but I can live with that.

I do believe though, that the low brightness black values are of a lower quality than on LoS 16. I know this is an OLED-issue. But I can't recall it being this bad on my stock and LoS 16. Next week I hope to receive an additional unit on which I can test this.

Apart from Google apps crashing (gapps-issue easily resolved by manual de/re-install via Play Store) and the occasional CAPS-lock-issue (99% due to my usage of Swiftkey), I have absolutely no bugs to report as a heavy daily user. The latter is more a nuisance than a bug. Same goes for my delayed Hangouts messages, inability to connect via LDAC, always first-time-closing-Chrome (FireFox-user) and my wish for the floating Swiftkey-bar in Hangouts (which doesn't only in Hangouts :cautious: ). And of course the ridiculous camera app and quality. Several decades ago I bought CameraZoomFX and forgot all about it. Now i'm using it again on this phone :rolleyes:.

Thank you for the ROM. I see absolutely no reason to be running LoS 17.1 apart from it being official that is...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • Built-in keyboard

Broken:
    • WiFi Display

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all F(x)tec Pro1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the F(x)tec's Android 9 firmware with proprietary blobs from 20200825231445 package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Refer to the official Wiki (link bellow)

Credits & collaborations:
    Special thanks to tdm and mccreary for early bringup. All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    Official nightlies should be out real soon. :)
    New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included and working WiFi calling.
    New build is up. It includes March's security patch.
    Oh you are fast. A few days after Q R is coming, great.
    Yea, well... I did lineage-18.0 bringup even before moving the device to official lineage-17.1 weeklies. :laugh: Only decided to share now because lineage-18.0 is already rock solid and can perfectly be used as daily driver.