[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 18.1 for Xiaomi Poco F1

Search This thread

lotan_rm

Apr 2, 2012

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Having built the ROM with this patch, I can also confirm that it resolves my issues with auto brightness.
@bgcngm, it would be great if the patch was included.
Very likely. I am noticing these auto-brightness issues more often now while working on Android 12 and it's driving me nuts. Will give it a try and if it fixes the issue I will apply it over to the current builds.

sponk0

Apr 7, 2019
Moto G 2015
Xiaomi Poco F1

gongoscho

Am I the only one experiencing poor battery life? I updated to the December 18th Build and my battery life has gone to the toilet. I lose like 20% overnight. Haven't done much testing but just wanted to check to see if I am the only one with issues here.
I was yea. Phone was getting hot and blasting through it. That along with gps and brightness issues meant I switched to awaken 12 which seems awesome so far.

I also noticed the higher battery consumption because I was at home for the last few days and not on the road! :( Check it out when you have the time. 🤓

Now I've charged the Poco to 100% before going to sleep and like every day: switched to airplane mode, emptied the list of open apps.

After 6 hours in airplane mode + energy saving mode (always in use) 6% of the battery capacity was lost. No app is visible in the consumption history + full history. 🤔

How can we find out exactly why?

guhvanoh

I also noticed the higher battery consumption because I was at home for the last few days and not on the road! :( Check it out when you have the time. 🤓

Now I've charged the Poco to 100% before going to sleep and like every day: switched to airplane mode, emptied the list of open apps.

After 6 hours in airplane mode + energy saving mode (always in use) 6% of the battery capacity was lost. No app is visible in the consumption history + full history. 🤔

That's what BBS (Better Battery Stats) is there for.

Reactions: gongoscho

TioCareca

i always left wifi on when i go to bed, never use saving mode i never got no more then 3% drain during night...

PS: i use ngk

Tremolo4

Dec 2, 2017
I also had an unexplained battery drain during screen off after getting the Dec 18 build.

I checked with BBS and saw a wakelock I hadn't seen before that kept the phone awake for around 6 hours during screen off. Once I saw that, I immediately rebooted. Hasn't happened a second time so far.

I think it was "cne_dsd_ind_handler_wl", but I can't be sure, forgot to take a screenshot. I'll do that if it happens again.

sponk0

Apr 7, 2019
Moto G 2015
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hi all!

Happy new year!

For your information, the latest ROM build (2022.01.01) is working fine for me and the automatic brightness issue seems to be fixed!
The kernel has also been updated to 4.9.295 (you can follow mainstream releases at www.kernel.org).

Huge thanks to @bgcngm for his hard work!
Same here. Installed fine, everything looks good so far. Auto brightness also seems fixed for me😀
Thanks a lot to @bgcngm and all other contributors

wowi63

Jul 8, 2017
Wileyfox Swift
Xiaomi Poco F1
I like to listen to podcasts in public transport and car via headphone jack - in the car via 3.5 mm jack plug on the radio. Every few weeks, the sound gets quieter without my intervention.
I have to unlock the F1 and want so raise the volume. I see a message:
"Raise volume above threshold? If you listen at a higher volume for a longer period of time, you can damage your hearing. Cancel/OK"
This is annoying in public transport and dangerous when driving.
I asked in another forum and got a note for a module in Magisk, "High Volume warning (Disable high volume popup dialog)". But I do not want to root my F1.
Is there another way to get rid of this message?

Demodroid

Aug 1, 2017
Xiaomi Poco F1
I like to listen to podcasts in public transport and car via headphone jack - in the car via 3.5 mm jack plug on the radio. Every few weeks, the sound gets quieter without my intervention.
I have to unlock the F1 and want so raise the volume. I see a message:
"Raise volume above threshold? If you listen at a higher volume for a longer period of time, you can damage your hearing. Cancel/OK"
This is annoying in public transport and dangerous when driving.
I asked in another forum and got a note for a module in Magisk, "High Volume warning (Disable high volume popup dialog)". But I do not want to root my F1.
Is there another way to get rid of this message?
Double tap the volume up button, it will automatically ignore the message.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official LineageOS 19.1 is out. 🥳
    Download
    Changelog
    Note: I suggest clean install from one android version to another to avoid possible bugs but if you don't want to, you can follow the Upgrade Guide in Wiki of LineageOS to upgrade without losing data.

Many thanks to the dev @bgcngm
    That explains your issues. You should be able to flash los18 and mindthegapps 11 again, then your device should boot again (see previous posts in this thread)

In #1386 I described my experience with a FDE device. (I ended up factory resetting and installed fresh.)
    I tried again, as advised by people here, using LineageOS recovery to install LOS19.1(20220507). It made no difference it still boot loops. As previously it doesn't prompt for a FDE decryption password which must mean there is still something broken with the FDE support. It should recognise there is an FDE partition and prompt to try and decrypt it.

I reinstalled TWRP and re-installed 18.1 (20220423) in TWRP and it all came back, immediately prompted for my FDE password, so my /data is definitely intact.

Hoping too (as others have said) something comes along with this. Failing that (in a while), my plan of backing up in TWRP and formatting /data, then restoring /data. This should make an unencrypted /data, that should allow 19.1 to boot. But very very reluctant to lose FDE.
    Posted this on the reddit, but maybe support for FDE has been added back in for the next build?
    322897: cryptfs: Fix legacy QCOM HW FDE encryption | https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_system_vold/+/322897
    I want to share my upgrade path with you because the posts here made me a bit unsure to upgrade. I was on TWRP recovery and encrypted LineageOS 18.1 without root and magisk etc. My upgrade path was:
    1. flash LineageOS recovery
    2. sideloading LineageOS 19.1 rom
    3. sideloading MindTheGapps package
    4. rebooting
    5. enjoying android 12
    Thank you thank you very much LineageOS Team for working on it.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    New build is out. It includes March's security patch.
    New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included and working WiFi Display.
    Having built the ROM with this patch, I can also confirm that it resolves my issues with auto brightness.
    @bgcngm, it would be great if the patch was included.
    Very likely. I am noticing these auto-brightness issues more often now while working on Android 12 and it's driving me nuts. Will give it a try and if it fixes the issue I will apply it over to the current builds.
    @bgcngm you will be working in lineage 19/19.1?
    It's ready, I just didn't share any unofficial build yet.