[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 18.1 for Xiaomi Poco F1

Search This thread

alberto88a

Mar 5, 2010
Giarre
Installed latest weekly today. No big change on a first look. Graphical issues on notification bar are still there, not a big issue though :)
The first time I was scared if disappearing magisk but sideloading it will revert all the setup as it was before the rom update, including whitelist and modules. So also that is not a big issue I would say, the only disadvantage is that it's better not to update while you're not at home...

P373

Dec 14, 2020
I thought the PIN / PW requirement appeared also with a clean install. That explains a lot :) thx!

hkmaverick

Jan 9, 2011
Successfully installed 05 -21 update on a FDE device using TWRP. What I did was downloaded the los zip and the mindthegapps zip then flashed them on TWRP.

I have tried the older updates, 05-07 and 05-14, both didnt prompt for the pin/password on boot and then bootlooped.

I think they finally made FDE support work on the 5-21 update.

Reactions: sponk0

sainath2610

Jan 6, 2017
Xiaomi Poco F1
I have done a clean installation of the 14/05 build with lineage recovery. Today, I upgraded to the latest build but my phone hangs after I enter pin and get the home screen and later restarts, maybe boot loop.

Does anyone else face this issue with the latest build? or what is the solution?

P373

Dec 14, 2020
A Problem wich I had a few months ago (also with LOS 17.1): when the phone is lightly used (in my warm hands oder in the sun), the fast charge mode does not activate. Just when the phone isn't in use or I cool it with an ice pack the fast charge mode runs normally. May this problem caused by a broken temperatur sensor, battery oder usb-port? My wifes phone (also poco f1) doesn't have this issues. Navigating in the car for a few ours in the blazing sun is not a problem and the phone charges fast.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

x1a2leader

Jul 7, 2017
Boot loop after updating latest 21-05 via twrp.
maybe i didn't know how to update this new room 😂.. so stressfull.
will try update via lineage recovery next time since everyone recommend it.

simpz

Dec 30, 2014
I mean I have successfully updated my FDE 18.1 to 19.1 pocof1 without wiping /data. All my settings have been preserved. Provided more in the new 19.1 thread quoted above.

Reactions: duttyend

simpz

Dec 30, 2014
Don't know why one would actively try to keep it though.
Well from a security design point of view FBE is damn poor, especially if like me you have an unlocked bootloader to allow you to install a third party OS and packages.

One big no nos with FBE is it's up to applications to decide what they want to encrypt, so if I save data vital to me in FBE then the application I'm using decides it's not encrypting, my original reading was even things like WiFi passwords weren't encrypted.

Even encrypted FBE data is vulnerable, say I flashed my device with a new firmware to open this up. Or can get into my phone somehow after boot (adb or a flaw on the OS). This has all happened in the past on different devices and OSs.

With FDE everything is encrypted and I'm not reliant on some nasty encryption enclave chip to give out the key, these have been found to have flaws in the past too.

I have FDE set so my boot password is quite long and my unlock password is shortish. So you can't flash a new firmware to get into my device, everything is encrypted. All my files, irrespective of application are encrypted. This is strong from a security perspective (LUKS is well known technology). The security level is under my control.

FBE is okay with a locked bootloader and you really care about not missing alarms calls, but to be honest how often does your phone crash? FDE used to also make a noise if a password wasn't entered for a long period. FBE is also less hassle for users as no complex password to enter at boot.

Happy to be corrected on FBE.

But to be honest the only people that probably should be happy about FBE are government agencies. Much easier to get data from a device that always boots up than one stuck at a LUKS password prompt.

HelmutK.

Jan 30, 2018
Is there a solution now that the app does not allow saving on the SD card?
I can easily access and save the SDCard via the file manager.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    New build is out. It includes March's security patch.
    New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included and working WiFi Display.
    Having built the ROM with this patch, I can also confirm that it resolves my issues with auto brightness.
    @bgcngm, it would be great if the patch was included.
    Very likely. I am noticing these auto-brightness issues more often now while working on Android 12 and it's driving me nuts. Will give it a try and if it fixes the issue I will apply it over to the current builds.
    @bgcngm you will be working in lineage 19/19.1?
    It's ready, I just didn't share any unofficial build yet.