[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 18.1 for Xiaomi Poco F1

Search This thread

GeForce66

May 28, 2011
St. Pölten
Xiaomi Poco F1
Wrong. These are the currently known problems:

1. Problem with the split screen.

2. In addition, the battery icon in the status bar is visible when you have chosen the battery percentage as an option and swiped down the quick settings.

3. In addition, the recent screen is not responsive and you have to swipe two or three times before you can close an app, with gestures enabled and the navigation hint disabled.

4. It is also not possible to hide the data-saving icon in the status bar.

5. Finally, European languages are missing for the AOSP- keyboard, such as Dutch and all the other world-languag
Okay, maybe I should have stated that for my usage I didn't come across any major issues :)
Of course there are issues but I think they are not a deal breaker for daily usage.

sponk0

Apr 7, 2019
Moto G 2015
Xiaomi Poco F1
Okay, maybe I should have stated that for my usage I didn't come across any major issues :)
Of course there are issues but I think they are not a deal breaker for daily usage.
I have a similar impression after one week of regular use:
  • Some minor glitches, mostly cosmetics
  • No lacking functions or bugs that affect my use case
But to be honest: also nothing I would classify as "noticably better" vs los18.
So if you don't have a problem with having a security patch level not fully up to date, I guess you might as well stick to los18 a little while longer. But eventually you'll want to do the switch anyways, as los18 will get more and more outdated because it is not maintained any more

ssgr

Jul 8, 2018
Last edited:

mwayne

Jun 7, 2013
I want to share my upgrade path with you because the posts here made me a bit unsure to upgrade. I was on TWRP recovery and encrypted LineageOS 18.1 without root and magisk etc. My upgrade path was:
1. flash LineageOS recovery
2. sideloading LineageOS 19.1 rom
3. sideloading MindTheGapps package
4. rebooting
5. enjoying android 12
Thank you thank you very much LineageOS Team for working on it.

alberto88a

Mar 5, 2010
Giarre
Hello,

One quick question: I'm currently with mindthegapps google apps and I started feeling the pressure of my cloud storage getting filled.

I was thinking of moving back to Nikgapps but I remember I was told there are some issues with Lineage. Could you please tell me what's wrong with that?

Any recommended procedure for switching to Nikgapps without losing apps and data?

simpz

Dec 30, 2014
I want to share my upgrade path with you because the posts here made me a bit unsure to upgrade. I was on TWRP recovery and encrypted LineageOS 18.1 without root and magisk etc. My upgrade path was:
1. flash LineageOS recovery
2. sideloading LineageOS 19.1 rom
3. sideloading MindTheGapps package
4. rebooting
5. enjoying android 12
Thank you thank you very much LineageOS Team for working on it.
Was this an FDE device at all?
Starting to think that FDE is never going to work with 19.1...how long do I waiit to see is now the question.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    New build is out. It includes March's security patch.
    New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included and working WiFi Display.
    Having built the ROM with this patch, I can also confirm that it resolves my issues with auto brightness.
    @bgcngm, it would be great if the patch was included.
    Very likely. I am noticing these auto-brightness issues more often now while working on Android 12 and it's driving me nuts. Will give it a try and if it fixes the issue I will apply it over to the current builds.
    @bgcngm you will be working in lineage 19/19.1?
    It's ready, I just didn't share any unofficial build yet.