[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 18.1 weeklies for Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S

Search This thread

liverhook

Aug 7, 2015
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Alarm wake up the phone from off state is not an option in LOS18.1. It isn't a bug it is just not supported in LOS18.1 and it has been said that it won't be.
O.k., thanks for this info.
So it has been eliminated from LOS 17 to 18? Why? For security reasons?
Or is something essentially new in LOS 18 in the area of booting, authorization or like that?
No way to reactivate this functionality with another clock app or other settings?
Could you please explain it, I'd like to understand it a little bit.
Many thanks in advance

Last edited:

liverhook

Aug 7, 2015
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Alarms work fine for me. I'm currently using the 20220715 build.

Is "Uhr" the Google "Clock" app or is this a 3rd party app? I have never had that message from your screenshot on my device.
Is your set alarm tested from the totally shut down device?
If yes, your answer disagrees with the post from MiniBlu today!
My clock is the normal clock in LOS (com.android.deskclock, version 11).
Has the authorization of "wake up from shut down" to be root rights?
Could it therefore have something to do with the installed magisk suite?

Last edited:

DAVIZINHO

Nov 2, 2009
hello.
I want to modify my phone to power on when the carger is connected.
I see that in lineage i must modify the boot.img, but when i unpacked it with android image kitchen, i can open the init.rc because they have strange characters.

My questions are this:
- its posible to unpacked the boot.img with other program, and modify the init.rc, and then packed again and flash?
- its exist other method with lineageos 18.1 to enable that phone boot normaly when the charger is conected?

thanks a lot

DAVIZINHO

Nov 2, 2009
hello.
I want to modify my phone to power on when the carger is connected.
I see that in lineage i must modify the boot.img, but when i unpacked it with android image kitchen, i can open the init.rc because they have strange characters.

My questions are this:
- its posible to unpacked the boot.img with other program, and modify the init.rc, and then packed again and flash?
- its exist other method with lineageos 18.1 to enable that phone boot normaly when the charger is conected?

thanks a lot
I found a solution for me

create a file off_mode_charge.rc in folder: /system/etc/init/
in this file paste this code:

Code:
# /system/etc/init/off_mode_charge.rc

on charger
    setprop sys.powerctl reboot,leaving-off-mode-charging

give permisions to this file with chmod and lets go. the phone boot when you plug the carger

Big Dumb Object

May 22, 2020
bgcngm recently released LOS 19.1 for beryllium, which has pretty similar hardware. So unless he lost interest in polaris, I suppose chances aren't too bad. There haven't been many polaris-related commits lately, though: https://review.lineageos.org/q/owner:[email protected]
Fingers crossed ;)
It's so frustrating when all available Android 12 ROMs for polaris (PE, EvolutionX) are tailored for Google fans, while the Google itself has removed support for such "obsolete" devices from GSI, so everyone who prefers to go without GApps is almost forced to stay on Android 11. Very much hope for the LineageOS devs in this regard.

Last edited:

uzeo

Sep 7, 2022
I would like to ask here, will LineageOS 19.1 still arrive in polaris? I don't want to know the exact time, I just want to know if it will come, this question is troubling,If not, please complain to me and let me give up😖

Reactions: kjpp

Big Dumb Object

May 22, 2020
I would like to ask here, will LineageOS 19.1 still arrive in polaris? I don't want to know the exact time, I just want to know if it will come, this question is troubling,If not, please complain to me and let me give up😖
Definitely should not give up: there are still fresh updates on the LineageOS Gerrit regarding polaris. So let's hope for the best and keep believing in Bruno (aka bgcngm).

Last edited:

火①5

Sep 3, 2022
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Work: Bluetooth, touch, infrared, camera, NFC, LTE network
Not working: phone, SMS (China Telecom) (unable to receive and make phone calls and send SMS normally)
There are problems: WiFi (in China, when the wireless connection is normal, it is also a limited network), charging (it can't be charged normally. Sometimes, after plugging in, the battery icon in the upper right corner shows charging, but the lock screen interface does not show charging. Only when the lock screen interface shows charging can it be charged)

NoGoodUserNamesLeft

Feb 15, 2017
GT-i9250
LG Nexus 5X
It seems I was able to further improve the idle battery drain just by clearing the cache and data of the app "Device Health Services". Doing so was suggested to Google Pixel 6 users after the Android 13 update - see here.

During the 9 hour long test with BetterbatteryStats the battery level dropped by just 2% from 86% to 84% with "Mobile data always active" set to OFF - that's a 0.2% drop per hour!
With "Mobile data always active" set to ON it's still bad: 88% to 74% in ~8h - that's 1.8 per hour. That's even worse than last year when it was 1.3%/h.

I have added the resulting BBS dump files to my post from last year.

Last edited:

MiniBlu

Aug 2, 2013
brisbane
Would be really great to have the auto-brightness issue resolved. Under low light conditions brightness is going to zero. Manual changes from that are still not learned.

yes, this is the big problem i have with this rom
Yes, for me the adaptive brightness is unusable. It does seem to learn your preferences but only while the screen is awake. It forgets them once phone goes to sleep.
It was driving me nuts so I compiled an overlay app in a magisk module that sets minimum auto brightness to about 30%. I have attached it to this post in case anyone finds it useful.

Attachments

• PolarisAutoBrightnessFix.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: Big Dumb Object

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Looks like the latest two updates on Gerrit belong to the newer LOS 20 branch. I hope this does not mean skipping Android 12 in favor of Android 13.
Android 12 won't be skipped and I finally decided to promote the device to Lineage 19.1, despite the fact that I no longer have one for testing. I will open a new thread in a bit.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Definitely should not give up: there are still fresh updates on the LineageOS Gerrit regarding polaris. So let's hope for the best and keep believing in Bruno (aka bgcngm).
    Looks like the latest two updates on Gerrit belong to the newer LOS 20 branch. I hope this does not mean skipping Android 12 in favor of Android 13.
    Android 12 won't be skipped and I finally decided to promote the device to Lineage 19.1, despite the fact that I no longer have one for testing. I will open a new thread in a bit.
    It seems I was able to further improve the idle battery drain just by clearing the cache and data of the app "Device Health Services". Doing so was suggested to Google Pixel 6 users after the Android 13 update - see here.

During the 9 hour long test with BetterbatteryStats the battery level dropped by just 2% from 86% to 84% with "Mobile data always active" set to OFF - that's a 0.2% drop per hour!
    With "Mobile data always active" set to ON it's still bad: 88% to 74% in ~8h - that's 1.8 per hour. That's even worse than last year when it was 1.3%/h.

I have added the resulting BBS dump files to my post from last year.
    Would be really great to have the auto-brightness issue resolved. Under low light conditions brightness is going to zero. Manual changes from that are still not learned.

yes, this is the big problem i have with this rom
    Yes, for me the adaptive brightness is unusable. It does seem to learn your preferences but only while the screen is awake. It forgets them once phone goes to sleep.
    It was driving me nuts so I compiled an overlay app in a magisk module that sets minimum auto brightness to about 30%. I have attached it to this post in case anyone finds it useful.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.4.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi MIX 2S)
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    Lots of updates for the upcoming build. :D
    No new build this week @bgcngm ?
    Official nightly should be out real soon.
    New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included and working Bluetooth A2DP and WiFi Display.
    Thank you everyone for testing the NFC configs. :) Upcoming build will include the fix.