[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 18.1 for Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S

Search This thread

liverhook

Aug 7, 2015
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
I'm on 18.1 one week. The alarm don't wake up the phone from off-state and posts on starting, that an alarm has been missed.
Could anyone confirm that, and if it's a misfunction, how to correct it?

liverhook

Aug 7, 2015
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
What could be the error?
No magisk or other rooting yet, only some apps from droid store.
Nothing great altered since new installation of 18.1 (without errors).
The function, that the alarm is waking up the phone from off is very often used (I think for many users!), so it would be a heavy error, or?
Could anyone give a hint?

Hello,
Phone don't awake anymore, when alarm is set and phone is shut down.
All permissions set correct, including "power off alarm".
In LOS 17.1 it worked.
Is it an undetected error yet? Does it work for others?

Why should it be fine?
From the look of safety aspects perhaps (no app in the sleepy background should be able to wake a downshifted phone / system.
But for convenience (and in 17.1 it has functioned) it would be good, that the customer has the own choice to decide so.
Or is the feature really gone in 18.1 ?
An answer would be great.
Best regards

Why is on LOS 18.1 no little point on the app icon on the start panel (Signal or Whatsapp) for the number of new messages?
I think on official android 10 and 11 there are.
Is it not yet implemented ?

For this phone is said at the beginning of this thread, that it has to be a Q based firmware, before flashing LOS 18.1.
Is it first neccessary or wise to flash a newer original firmware like:
"Firmware V12.0.3.0.QDGCNXM Stable Release for Mi MIX 2S China (polaris)"
before then flashing LOS to get perhaps other new features in forehand, which don't come with the new LOS installation?
I think for example of the baseband part of the firmware (implementation of mobile provider changes of frequencies perhaps)?

liverhook

Aug 7, 2015
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Thanks for your info.
I didn't find this option "notification badges"!
Can you provide me with a screen shot?
I'm on german speech. I've searched and tried everything.
Do I have to consider further adjustments in LOS for example for the whatsapp notifications or in LOS itself?

For whatsapp there is an option "App-Benachrichtigungspunkt erlauben", which was and is on.
In Nova-Launcher I found it also under the app settings of the nova-launcher-app itself, not over the settings-symbol of nova launcher. Both are on, sut down and booted new, turned it off and on, started new:
no effect!

liverhook

Aug 7, 2015
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
I'm on 18.1 (Juli 2022). The alarm don't wake up the phone from off-state and on starting from off posts, that an alarm has been missed.
What could be the error?
In LOS 17.1 it worked.
The function, that the alarm is waking up the phone from off is very often used (I think for many users!), so it would be a heavy error, or?

Could anyone confirm that, and if it's a misfunction or false settings, how to correct it?

Until now no one has answered me (since 2 month !!!).

In addition to my above request, I've deleted cache and memory, quit the clock app and deactivated it.
The reboot and reactivated it, then the system quoted the question (see attachment) to allow "set and clear the alarm which will wake up device from power off state"! I click "allow", but in the follwing test the set alarm didn't wake up the shutdown device.
The appearing box shows, that this function it is implemented in the actual system, or not?
What do I wrong?

Attachments

• Screenshot_Berechtigungssteuerung-clock.png
    Screenshot_Berechtigungssteuerung-clock.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

NoGoodUserNamesLeft

Feb 15, 2017
GT-i9250
LG Nexus 5X
The reboot and reactivated it, then the system quoted the question (see attachment) to allow "set and clear the alarm which will wake up device from power off state"!
Alarms work fine for me. I'm currently using the 20220715 build.

Is "Uhr" the Google "Clock" app or is this a 3rd party app? I have never had that message from your screenshot on my device.

MiniBlu

Aug 2, 2013
brisbane
I'm on 18.1 (Juli 2022). The alarm don't wake up the phone from off-state and on starting from off posts, that an alarm has been missed.
What could be the error?
In LOS 17.1 it worked.

Could anyone confirm that, and if it's a misfunction or false settings, how to correct it?

Until now no one has answered me (since 2 month !!!).
Alarm wake up the phone from off state is not an option in LOS18.1. It isn't a bug it is just not supported in LOS18.1 and it has been said that it won't be.

liverhook

Aug 7, 2015
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Alarm wake up the phone from off state is not an option in LOS18.1. It isn't a bug it is just not supported in LOS18.1 and it has been said that it won't be.
O.k., thanks for this info.
So it has been eliminated from LOS 17 to 18? Why? For security reasons?
Or is something essentially new in LOS 18 in the area of booting, authorization or like that?
No way to reactivate this functionality with another clock app or other settings?
Could you please explain it, I'd like to understand it a little bit.
Many thanks in advance

Alarms work fine for me. I'm currently using the 20220715 build.

Is "Uhr" the Google "Clock" app or is this a 3rd party app? I have never had that message from your screenshot on my device.
Is your set alarm tested from the totally shut down device?
If yes, your answer disagrees with the post from MiniBlu today!
My clock is the normal clock in LOS (com.android.deskclock, version 11).
Has the authorization of "wake up from shut down" to be root rights?
Could it therefore have something to do with the installed magisk suite?

Last edited:

DAVIZINHO

Nov 2, 2009
hello.
I want to modify my phone to power on when the carger is connected.
I see that in lineage i must modify the boot.img, but when i unpacked it with android image kitchen, i can open the init.rc because they have strange characters.

My questions are this:
- its posible to unpacked the boot.img with other program, and modify the init.rc, and then packed again and flash?
- its exist other method with lineageos 18.1 to enable that phone boot normaly when the charger is conected?

thanks a lot

DAVIZINHO

Nov 2, 2009
hello.
I want to modify my phone to power on when the carger is connected.
I see that in lineage i must modify the boot.img, but when i unpacked it with android image kitchen, i can open the init.rc because they have strange characters.

My questions are this:
- its posible to unpacked the boot.img with other program, and modify the init.rc, and then packed again and flash?
- its exist other method with lineageos 18.1 to enable that phone boot normaly when the charger is conected?

thanks a lot
I found a solution for me

create a file off_mode_charge.rc in folder: /system/etc/init/
in this file paste this code:

Code:
# /system/etc/init/off_mode_charge.rc

on charger
    setprop sys.powerctl reboot,leaving-off-mode-charging

give permisions to this file with chmod and lets go. the phone boot when you plug the carger

Big Dumb Object

May 22, 2020
bgcngm recently released LOS 19.1 for beryllium, which has pretty similar hardware. So unless he lost interest in polaris, I suppose chances aren't too bad. There haven't been many polaris-related commits lately, though: https://review.lineageos.org/q/owner:bgcngm@gmail.com
Fingers crossed ;)
It's so frustrating when all available Android 12 ROMs for polaris (PE, EvolutionX) are tailored for Google fans, while the Google itself has removed support for such "obsolete" devices from GSI, so everyone who prefers to go without GApps is almost forced to stay on Android 11. Very much hope for the LineageOS devs in this regard.

Last edited:

uzeo

Sep 7, 2022
I would like to ask here, will LineageOS 19.1 still arrive in polaris? I don't want to know the exact time, I just want to know if it will come, this question is troubling,If not, please complain to me and let me give up😖

Reactions: kjpp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.4.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi MIX 2S)
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    Lots of updates for the upcoming build. :D
    No new build this week @bgcngm ?
    Official nightly should be out real soon.
    New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included and working Bluetooth A2DP and WiFi Display.
    Thank you everyone for testing the NFC configs. :) Upcoming build will include the fix.