[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 19.1 for Xiaomi Poco F1

Search This thread

Tremolo4

Dec 2, 2017
You can try to manually update the ROM / fix bootloop.

• Download the ROM+GApps in your PC
  • Boot to twrp by REIGNZ based on A12 System_Ext
  • Transfer the ROM+Gapps while u are connected to pc and in twrp
  • Wipe System, System_ext, Vendor, Dalvik Cache, Cache
  • Flash the updated build, Gapps
  • Boot to system
  • If it works boot to twrp again and flash Magisk.
The official Lineage recovery should be able to do this as well. Wipe system and cache in the "factory reset" menu, then re-install ROM and GApps with adb sideload.

The "magisk binaries" error is unavoidable if you don't use a recovery that can decrypt data tho. It means that Magisk was not kept after the update. You need to manually re-install Magisk with the boot image patch method. An alternative is "Lygisk". It moves the "Magisk binaries" to an unencrypted space, but only if the encryption method is FBE, not FDE, if I recall correctly.

Last edited:

TomBrix

Oct 17, 2022
Thanks for your replies, Retrial and Tremolo4.

Do I understand you correctly,Tremolo4, that it would be enough to re-install Magisk with the boot image patch method so I wouldn't have to install the ROM again?

Tremolo4

Dec 2, 2017
Thanks for your replies, Retrial and Tremolo4.

Do I understand you correctly,Tremolo4, that it would be enough to re-install Magisk with the boot image patch method so I wouldn't have to install the ROM again?
Oh I'm not sure why exactly your boot fails.
It may be because of a magisk module, so you should NOT re-install magisk.
I think it would be best to wipe system+cache and re-install ROM and GApps. That way Magisk will definitely be uninstalled and can't interfere with the boot process. Then, if the phone boots again, you can try installing Magisk.

jojy thomas

Sep 13, 2016
Kottayam
I was coming from "lineage-19.1-20220924-nightly-beryllium-signed" (or perhaps earlier) and installed "lineage-19.1-20221015-nightly-beryllium-signed" via LOS updater. During update in TWRP I saw a message "binaries for magisk" missing (or similar). However, the phone rebooted and is now in a bootloop (circle of LOS logo is going from right to left a few times, then reboots).
Just delete the magisk folder via file manager on twrp

No_Reason

Jan 23, 2019
Microphone Issues

Hey there, I'm experiencing microphone issues on my Poco F1 with LOS 19-20221001. If I use an external microphone (e.g. via bluetooth or jack connector) it works for regular phone calls, but not for phone apps. Phone apps always use the built in microphone, which is pretty annoying.

Is there maybe something to configure, which I missed? Is anyone experiencing the same issue?

Hardware I tried:
  • Soundcore Life A1
  • Airpods
  • No-name headset with jack connector
Phone apps I tried:
  • Firtz Fon App
  • Linphone

bananabandana

Mar 9, 2022
Hi I am facing issues decrypting the phone. No amount of factory resetting or flashing a clean ROM is fixing the issue. I'm on 19-20221008-NIGHTLY. Please help

Retrial

Recognized Contributor & Translator
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1

carlodalatri

Jan 15, 2012
I have a problem.
I would like to update my old lineageos 18.1 to the latest release of 19.
The problem is that I have the old lineageos recovery from March 2022.
I can't update the latest recovery from lineage-recovery or fastboot.
I don't understand if is a problem of my adb/fastboot on Windows 10...
Is it essential to have the latest recovery?

Last edited:

bin/bash

May 2, 2022
I have a problem.
I would like to update my old lineageos 18.1 to the latest release of 19.
The problem is that I have the old lineageos recovery from March 2022.
I can't update the latest recovery from lineage-recovery or fastboot.
I don't understand if is a problem of my adb/fastboot on Windows 10...
Is it essential to have the latest recovery?
I used the old recovery to upgrade to 19. The recover was updated automatically to the newest one at some time later. However if you can't flash the new recovery with the old one, you probably also have a problem flashing the ROM. Does the 'adb devices' command return a proper value? So make sure your adb setup really is working

carlodalatri

Jan 15, 2012
I used the old recovery to upgrade to 19. The recover was updated automatically to the newest one at some time later. However if you can't flash the new recovery with the old one, you probably also have a problem flashing the ROM. Does the 'adb devices' command return a proper value? So make sure your adb setup really is working
Thanks for the support, I was able to update to the latest release (installing TWRP recovery).

Instead I noticed another problem. I cannot use Android Auto as it is not present as a system app (so I have error 22). I found a guide on xda a bit difficult to implement.

Is there any way to fix it? In fact, Android Auto is something I use a lot in my car.

Tremolo4

Dec 2, 2017
Hi everyone, I updated TWRP from v3.6.2 to v3.7.0 (Reignz TWRP v3.7.0-A12.img available here: https://www.pling.com/p/1346294/) and decryption is working. Before flashing, I disabled the encryption method I had just to avoid any possible issue, then I set it up after checking that the new recovery was working.

I also updated the ROM to Oct 22nd and it's running good :D
Just ouf of curiosity, what do you mean by "disabling the encryption method"? Apparently you don't actually disable encryption because you still speak of " decryption working" in TWRP. I am confused :D

LTFOUND

Jul 27, 2017
T-Mobile LG G2
Xiaomi Poco F1
Just ouf of curiosity, what do you mean by "disabling the encryption method"? Apparently you don't actually disable encryption because you still speak of " decryption working" in TWRP. I am confused :D
After flashing TWRP, I first rebooted into the new recovery to check that it worked fine. Then I rebooted into system, set up my encryption method, then rebooted into recovery and checked that it could still decrypt it.

Reactions: Tremolo4

Tremolo4

Dec 2, 2017
He probably means he removed pattern/pin.
After flashing TWRP, I first rebooted into the new recovery to check that it worked fine. Then I rebooted into system, set up my encryption method, then rebooted into recovery and checked that it could still decrypt it.
I see, thanks. I would not use the word "encryption" for the screen lock pattern / pin, that's why I was confused. I guess it is actually used for decryption once after each boot even with FBE. But I thought you had permanently decrypted your userdata somehow so that TWRP would not need to decrypt anything ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just fixed power-off charging mode.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12L (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v12.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Device wiki:
    Downloads:
    Installation:
    • Follow instructions found in the respective wiki page
    You can see the beryllium branch for los20 had its last commit starting november, so i would say "no"

[Feel free to do the work yourself and pull request it when done? :) ]
    Nonsense. That device tree, much like the rest of the other sdm845 devices from Xiaomi, inherits from a common tree, where all the activity happens. Rest assured that A13 will be released for this device.
    Lineage 20 is out. Thank you @bgcngm . Happy new year to everyone.
    Guys, this is really unbelievable! According to the device download statistics from stats.lineageos.org, Beryllium is ranked #3 out of all others with LOS19.1!!!

With around 8 thousand downloads, our device has almost overtaken #2 Miatoll: https://stats.lineageos.org/version/19.1

(I was very excited and thought I would share this stats with you.) :):):love: