[ROM-DISCONTINUED][Nexus5][6.0.1_r62][AOSP+CAF][CMTE+OMS][MM]CandySiX - Hammerhead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

fKm

• Jan 7, 2011
    Schuettorf
    Tried to compile for myself and get this error:

Code:
    target thumb C++: libmemalloc <= hardware/qcom/display/msm8974/libgralloc/ionalloc.cpp
    hardware/qcom/display/msm8974/libgralloc/ionalloc.cpp: In member function 'virtual int gralloc::IonAlloc::alloc_buffer(gralloc::alloc_data&)':
    hardware/qcom/display/msm8974/libgralloc/ionalloc.cpp:76:18: error: 'struct ion_allocation_data' has no member named 'heap_mask'
         ionAllocData.heap_mask = data.flags & ~ION_SECURE;
                      ^
    build/core/binary.mk:885: recipe for target '/home/android/CandyROM/out/target/product/hammerhead/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libmemalloc_intermediates/ionalloc.o' failed
    make: *** [/home/android/CandyROM/out/target/product/hammerhead/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libmemalloc_intermediates/ionalloc.o] Error 1
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Branch is c6l for a substratum build. This is my local manifest for hammerhead:

Code:
    <project path="device/lge/hammerhead" name="device_lge_hammerhead" remote="cd" />
    <project path="kernel/lge/hammerhead" name="kernel_lge_hammerhead" remote="cd" />
    <project path="vendor/lge" name="proprietary_vendor_lge" remote="cd" />

Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong @NoSpamDan? Thank you

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
    Jan 12, 2012
    candyroms.org
    OnePlus 6T
    OnePlus 7T
    Tried to compile for myself and get this error:

Code:
    target thumb C++: libmemalloc <= hardware/qcom/display/msm8974/libgralloc/ionalloc.cpp
    hardware/qcom/display/msm8974/libgralloc/ionalloc.cpp: In member function 'virtual int gralloc::IonAlloc::alloc_buffer(gralloc::alloc_data&)':
    hardware/qcom/display/msm8974/libgralloc/ionalloc.cpp:76:18: error: 'struct ion_allocation_data' has no member named 'heap_mask'
         ionAllocData.heap_mask = data.flags & ~ION_SECURE;
                      ^
    build/core/binary.mk:885: recipe for target '/home/android/CandyROM/out/target/product/hammerhead/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libmemalloc_intermediates/ionalloc.o' failed
    make: *** [/home/android/CandyROM/out/target/product/hammerhead/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libmemalloc_intermediates/ionalloc.o] Error 1
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Branch is c6l for a substratum build. This is my local manifest for hammerhead:

Code:
    <project path="device/lge/hammerhead" name="device_lge_hammerhead" remote="cd" />
    <project path="kernel/lge/hammerhead" name="kernel_lge_hammerhead" remote="cd" />
    <project path="vendor/lge" name="proprietary_vendor_lge" remote="cd" />

Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong @NoSpamDan? Thank you
    Hmmm I answered earlier this morning but must not have hit Submit...

Hammerhead uses the default HAL branches, so make sure your HALs are checked out to the right places and on the correct branches shown in the candy repo default.xml manifest.

Looks like you are building the display HAL from the hardware/qcom/display/msm8974 folder, not hardware/qcom/display.

You can also try to rm -rf your hardware/qcom/display folder and re-syncing.

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
    Jan 12, 2012
    candyroms.org
    OnePlus 6T
    OnePlus 7T
    Its cm not OMS!

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Good eye, sorry! I do try put comments on the files in AFH as a secondary safety net. If you are paying attention, you know that the builds with the "S" in them are OMS, and the ones without are CMTE.

Technically speaking, nothing a proper nandroid backup can't fix... :)

The correct link has been in Post 2 right along, and I fixed it above. Here it is again:
    CandySiX-hammerhead-3.2.S-OFFICIAL-0808.zip

Reactions: Klaus1983

fKm

• Jan 7, 2011
    Schuettorf
    Hmmm I answered earlier this morning but must not have hit Submit...

Hammerhead uses the default HAL branches, so make sure your HALs are checked out to the right places and on the correct branches shown in the candy repo default.xml manifest.

Looks like you are building the display HAL from the hardware/qcom/display/msm8974 folder, not hardware/qcom/display.

You can also try to rm -rf your hardware/qcom/display folder and re-syncing.
    Hmm, I tried to delete the hardware caf repos from the manifest, synced but I still get the error. Can you pass me the right manifest maybe? That would be great. Sorry to bother you

fKm

• Jan 7, 2011
    Schuettorf
    ? you need to delete the local folders from your source, not the manifest!

Code:
    rm -rf hardware/qcom
    in your source folder
    I know, I did that but it didn't help ?
    I wanted to sync again with only the needed hardware repos but that didn't do the trick too [emoji53]
    Don't know how to tell to use the right hardware folders to compile.

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
    Jan 12, 2012
    candyroms.org
    OnePlus 6T
    OnePlus 7T
    I know, I did that but it didn't help ?
    I wanted to sync again with only the needed hardware repos but that didn't do the trick too [emoji53]
    Don't know how to tell to use the right hardware folders to compile.
    You don't need to specify that... it's built into the make files. Nexus 5 is msm8974:
    https://github.com/CandyDevices/device_lge_hammerhead/blob/c6/BoardConfig.mk#L73

So here is where the Android.mk file directs that board platform to use the msm8974 folder (note, this is not the display-caf version):
    https://github.com/CandyRoms/hardware_qcom_display/blob/c6/Android.mk#L7-L9

If you have different CAF variants, it will use the HAL sub-folders. Nexus 5 is not a CAF device, so it uses these "stock" branches (revisions):
    Code:
    <project path="hardware/qcom/display" name="CandyRoms/hardware_qcom_display" remote="github" revision="[B]c6[/B]" />
    <project path="hardware/qcom/media/default" name="CandyRoms/hardware_qcom_media" remote="github" revision="[B]c6[/B]" />
    <project path="hardware/qcom/audio/default" name="CandyRoms/hardware_qcom_audio" remote="github" revision="[B]c6[/B]" />

You probably know this already, but I don't know what your issue is exactly. Something may have gotten saved incorrectly to your source.

If it still gives you fits, try to run this whole line from your source folder (the .repo part will wipe out any corrupted saved data locally in your display HAL):
    Code:
    rm -rf hardware/qcom/display .repo/projects/hardware/qcom/display
    Then try to sync and build again.

Reactions: fKm

fKm

• Jan 7, 2011
    Schuettorf
    I think I'll give up. Tried all that and I still get the same error. Will try to re-sync the whole source tomorrow again and try again. I hope it will work then.

fKm

• Jan 7, 2011
    Schuettorf
    I don't get it. I completely resynced but I still get the same error. Very strange.

In the meantime I just flashed your latest build. This ROM is just beautiful. Exactly what I was looking for. A ROM that supporst Substratum and have the DUI package. Thanks a lot for this.
    I only have one issue: I changed the icon of Kernel Adiutor in the settings to the material icon and now I get a FC when I try to enter KA through the settings. Is this a known problem?

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
    Jan 12, 2012
    candyroms.org
    OnePlus 6T
    OnePlus 7T
    Updated OMS build

Updated to r62, and it seems to be a lot smoother and faster... the last build was missing a few commits (not show stopping, but more performance-related... like no more lag now).

Many updates from YAOSP for kernel, device tree and vendor. Don't forget your nandroid backup... ;)

CandySiX-hammerhead-3.2.S-OFFICIAL-0815.zip

Running great on my N5 here so far! Enjoy!

Last edited:

nathan30

Sep 2, 2012
    Avignon
    Hi !
    I don't have a power button anymore and I want to know how I can remap the long press of recent task button, in the navigation bar, to lock the screen ?

Thanks in advance

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
    Jan 12, 2012
    candyroms.org
    OnePlus 6T
    OnePlus 7T
    Hi !
    I don't have a power button anymore and I want to know how I can remap the long press of recent task button, in the navigation bar, to lock the screen ?

Thanks in advance
    Settings > Candy interface > Navigation > Buttons, long press the button you want to assign, and choose "Screen off" from the list. .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160817-230911.png
      Screenshot_20160817-230911.png
      117.6 KB · Views: 240
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Candy_Si_X_banner_zpsb0gf52k4.png

This is CandySiX. Built straight from source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM. We aim to add more features as this project progresses.

Check us out on the web @The-Candy-Shop

2e8esupa.jpg

@matthew0776 @mar5hal @gimmeitorilltell @Cuzz1369 @rc420head @Flashalot @Venomtester @Darknites @javelinanddart @calebcabob @NoSpamDan

qy9e6u4u.jpg

ROM
      DEVICES/KERNELS

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

FEATURES
      Choose from CMTE or OMS (RRO Layers is DEPRECATED)
      Battery bar
      LCD density options
      Multi-window
      Status bar customization
      Quick setting customization
      Quick setting pull down options
      Force expand notifications
      Time contextual headers in panel
      Dark UI switch
      Advanced power menu
      Extra IME options
      In-Call vibration options
      Lockscreen customizations:
      -Shortcuts
      -Music visualizer
      -Weather​
      Animations:
      -Power menu
      -List view
      -System
      -Toast​
      Navbar customization (CMTE only):
      -SmartBar
      -Fling
      -Pulse​
      Hardware Buttons settings:
      -Slim Hardware key rebinding
      -Long-press/double-tap actions
      -Volume rocker​
      On the Go mode
      Screenshot Crop & Share
      Fully charged notification and toggle
      CPU info overlay (Developer options)
      Snap camera (Sultan's)
      More to come, we are never done...

CHANGELOG

Steps:

Coming from another rom
      1) Download CandySiX.zip
      2) Download 6.0 Gapps (optional)
      3) Boot into recovery (either twrp or cwm)
      4) Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
      5) Flash CandySiX.zip
      6) Flash Gapps
      7) Reboot

Updating from previous CandySiX release
      1) Download CandySiX.zip
      2) Boot into recovery
      3) Flash CandySiX.zip

Please give first boot a good few minutes.

IMPORTANT - PROBLEMS/ISSUES:
      If you have issues, I need the following:
      1. Logs from you (logcat, last_kmsg, dmesg) linked to on pastebin.com or hasteb.in, showing the failure.
      2. A clear description of the steps that I need to take to exactly reproduce the problem.
      3. State what flavor build you are on: CMTE, Layers, OMS, etc...
      Please DO NOT complain about problems and offer nothing to help fix it. I reserve the right to ignore you for not following insructions...

NO ETA REQUESTS!

Special thanks to Yank555, CyanogenMod, SlimRoms, Omni and all the rest who make their source open, we can't do this on our own.

XDA:DevDB Information
      [ROM-DISCONTINUED][Nexus5][6.0.1_r62][AOSP+CAF][CMTE+OMS][MM]CandySiX - Hammerhead, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
      NoSpamDan, Yank555 for his kernel...
      ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
      Based On: AOSP + CAF

Version Information
      Current Stable Version: 3.2
      Stable Release Date: 2016-04-11

Created 2016-01-04
      Last Updated 2017-01-05
      Downloads

be9apenu.jpg

IMPORTANT: Please understand that if you flash this ROM and experience issues, I need a comprehensive problem description along with logs (logcat and/or dmesg/last_kmsg) of the issue happening.

TWO ROM VERSIONS: Effective 26July2016, choose from CMTE or OMS/Substratum!
      (You can NOT flash one on top of the other... If you decide to switch and try the other one, you MUST Clean Flash!)

DOWNLOAD CMTE (CM Theme Engine based) ROM:
      CandySiX-hammerhead-3.2-OFFICIAL-0903.zip

DOWNLOAD OMS/Substratum themed ROM (Substratum app required - Guide to using Substratum):
      CandySiX-hammerhead-3.2.S-OFFICIAL-0909.zip

GAPPS
      "Normal" BaNks Dynamic GApps
      Open GApps

TWRP RECOVERY

EXTRAS
      - If you want to remove the built-in SuperSU, flash this in recovery after the ROM: SuperSU_Root_Remover.zip

Older Builds (normally on my AFH account):
      Well, it was a good run, folks. I tried to update the latest security patches for this in early December, but I had issues requiring too much of my time.

I am basically not active in Candy6 development any more and given my current work on Slim6 and Slim7 right now, I have to prioritize. I do have a wife and kids, and a full-time+ job, after all. :D

I am sad to announce that this ROM is hereby officially DISCONTINUED.

This thread will remain open for friendly discussion, but I may close it at my discretion.
      New build is up in Post #2

OK, here it is, a long-awaited update... you guys are gonna LIKE this one... ;)

And... you guessed it... You MUST clean flash (wipe /data) if coming from ANY previous version!

Well, maybe you didn't guess that, but if you do not wipe /data you will likely face issues with battery drain, FCs, and your phone might eat your cat. :silly:

New features:
      • CandySiX Version 3.0
      • New SmartBar customizable softkey navigation
      • Fling navigation (optional)
      • Pulse NavBar music visualizer
      • Lock screen music visualizations
      • Screenshot Crop & Share
      • Fully Charged notification with toggle
      • CPU information overlay (enable in Developer options)
      • Fixed Theme Tile functionality
      • More... :p

Clean flash, clean flash, clean flash...
      CandySiX-hammerhead-3.0-OFFICIAL-0605.zip

Enjoy!
      For those of you who don't know me, I've been around the SGSII forums for a long time. Been a OnePlus and Hammerhead owner for over a year, but never built for the latter... until now. :D

I am looking for 2-3 good testers to help iron out new releases and bugs, and who can flash sometimes more than one build a day to help test fixes. Please PM me in the next 24 hours if you are interested and can commit to helping.

Looking forward to the Candy goodness!
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone