• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][DISCONTINUED][OFFICIAL]Pixel Extended ROM for Miatoll Devices [A11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mauropicotto

Aug 6, 2012
hello, i'm trying to root the latest pixel extended version with magisk but i can't find the right files or the right method. I have reboots on the fastboot recovery

realFalse

Jul 21, 2019
Curtana (global) here, flashed fw_curtana_miui_CURTANAINGlobal_V12.0.4.0.RJWINXM_62f7144f9a_11.0

so far uptime is 89 hours with no hanging. finally fixed the issue of Bluetooth not pairing automatically after being left on for too long (either need to manually toggle or reboot)

fingers crossed, not gonna change firmware anytime soon.

Update: 113hrs uptime and all is still good. safe to assume it's fully fixed by firmware.

Updating the firmware did NOT help in my case. My phone (curtana) still hangs (black screen) about once a day for some reason.

muhammad.sanwal

Nov 27, 2018
Antalya
likQDEZ.png

Pixel Extended ROM for Miatoll Devices

What is this?

PixelExtended ROM (or PEX for short), We are Combining Pixel Goodies with some essential features you were missing in Pixel Experience, delivering a ROM that promises you stability and being feature-rich at the same time. TBH this ROM will keep its Pixel' idea intact and won't be bloat with unwanted features.

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11 (R)

What's working?

Wifi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
Fingerprint reader
Face unlock
NFC
Lights
Sound/vibration​

Known issues

You Tell Me!​

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 11
Stable Release Date: 25-4-2021
Current Version: 2.6

Created 25-4-2021
Last Updated 25-4-2021
can I flash it in Joyuse?

srijitmondal

May 15, 2019
I'm using this rom on my note 9 pro India[9s]
Sometimes the device freezes and don't work until hard restart!
The device feels super smooth to use!
But the RESTART SEEMS to such a great issue ‼️🥺
I FLASH THE ROM THROUGH 2 DIFFERENT RECOVERIES ORANGEFOX AND TWRP!
BUT ISSUE SEEMS TO BE THERE ALWAYS 😔!

I SAW ANOTHER THING THAT THE BACKUP AND AUGMENTED REALITY DOESN'T WORK AT ALL!AND THE APP FORCE CLOSES!
HOPE FOR HELP! GREAT WORK SIR ‼️

Reactions: thaolegend

1qazwsx4

Sep 19, 2011
New Zealand
After some help here. I'm on MIUI EU rom, rooted with TWRP but haven't flashed any custom ROMs since android 9 when it was so straight forward... Long story short, to flash ANY new ROM does this mean I need to format my device meaning it deletes everything, photos etc? I'm very keen to switch to this but it Seems like a mission to switch ROMs!

realFalse

Jul 21, 2019
After some help here. I'm on MIUI EU rom, rooted with TWRP but haven't flashed any custom ROMs since android 9 when it was so straight forward... Long story short, to flash ANY new ROM does this mean I need to format my device meaning it deletes everything, photos etc? I'm very keen to switch to this but it Seems like a mission to switch ROMs!
Short answer, yes you will have to wipe your entire phone if you change roms.

Reactions: 1qazwsx4

realFalse

Jul 21, 2019
I'm using this rom on my note 9 pro India[9s]
Sometimes the device freezes and don't work until hard restart!
The device feels super smooth to use!
But the RESTART SEEMS to such a great issue ‼️🥺
I FLASH THE ROM THROUGH 2 DIFFERENT RECOVERIES ORANGEFOX AND TWRP!
BUT ISSUE SEEMS TO BE THERE ALWAYS 😔!

I SAW ANOTHER THING THAT THE BACKUP AND AUGMENTED REALITY DOESN'T WORK AT ALL!AND THE APP FORCE CLOSES!
HOPE FOR HELP! GREAT WORK SIR ‼️
Same issue here and I still can't find a solution for it. :(

realFalse

Jul 21, 2019
Thank you for clarifying that. One last question since I've had conflicting answers: does this rom have issues with calling? People keep mentioning voice echoing and distortion. Is this from normal calling or video calling only?
In my experience, the voice echo only happens with VoIP calls while using the loud speaker and it seems to be a known bug with multiple different roms.

prakhar0x

Jan 7, 2017
i see that none is talking about dual band gps and navic. why ? i thought we were supposed to get better and faster gps lock with that.

so do you guys get dual band gps after installing custom ROMs??

1qazwsx4

Sep 19, 2011
New Zealand
Hey just a question regarding firmware. How do I know what firmware to flash? I know I've got a Curtana/9s but I'm confused with global Vs EEA Vs India. Is there any difference in firmware? Screenshot of my decide and I'm from New Zealand if that makes a different too... Appreciate any help - just wanting to make sure I don't brick before flashing this rom 😎
IMG_20210513_142041.jpg

realFalse

Jul 21, 2019
Hey just a question regarding firmware. How do I know what firmware to flash? I know I've got a Curtana/9s but I'm confused with global Vs EEA Vs India. Is there any difference in firmware? Screenshot of my decide and I'm from New Zealand if that makes a different too... Appreciate any help - just wanting to make sure I don't brick before flashing this rom 😎

Personally, I also have curtana and I flashed the IN firmware since it was the latest version at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    likQDEZ.png

Pixel Extended ROM for Miatoll Devices

What is this?

PixelExtended ROM (or PEX for short), We are Combining Pixel Goodies with some essential features you were missing in Pixel Experience, delivering a ROM that promises you stability and being feature-rich at the same time. TBH this ROM will keep its Pixel' idea intact and won't be bloat with unwanted features.

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11 (R)

What's working?

Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration​

Known issues

You Tell Me!​

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 11
    Stable Release Date: 25-4-2021
    Current Version: 2.6

Created 25-4-2021
    Last Updated 25-4-2021
    In my opinion it is a bug and not common. It´s not against you or the ROM- IT´s about the fact that no maintainer provides this information and all people think they get a full working device.

Another Questsion:

MiXplorer is installed at this ROM. Is it possible to remove it without root? Maybe in the recovery?
    You can disable and/or remove any system app with adb commands
    adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 <name of package> pm uninstall -k --user 0 <name of package>
    Okay.. flashed this yesterday after MIUI 12.0.4.0. First custom ROM I have flashed on my curtana. So here are the initial impressions:

1. The UI - slick pixel goodness, a treat to sore eyes after months of torture from the extremely choppy animations of MIUI 12. There are occasional lags and the gesture navigation feels a bit choppy at times, but nothing too bad.

2. The radio performance - I am not sure about anyone else, but this solved a huge problem of mine. In MIUI I never used to get good 4G inside my house, I am not sure how this rom achieved it but I could see a noticeable difference in the connectivity. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth work as stated in OP.

3. Battery - Not too impressed, but hey thats Android 11 for you. Installing Naptime has helped a little with idle drain.
    Quick question - How long does the battery on Curtana actually last for you guys? I have never had a chance to ask anyone....

4. Camera and Camcorder - As stated in OP, ANX is installed and works, so no complaints there.

Overall, a solid feature-packed, beautiful, heavily customizable and most importantly - stable ROM that I can daily drive and don't need to worry about missing any important calls from work because my stupid phone does not work😅. All thanks to XRPDigital and all the other devs behind PEX.
    Can you please modify the start post and add it under "Known issues"
    I think it is wrong that something like this is not mentioned.
    I think I wasted 2 days testing 5 to 7 ROMS and all of them have the Bug but "No known issues"
    You are so right...i spend so much time i initialising my joyeuse phone after i had installed the pixel extended rom,just to find out that the echo problem remains...i do respect the precious effort the developers had done but if knew i wouldn't bother from the start ...i did test also a lot of custom android 11 roms but all of it have the echo issue..it would be really helpful if we knew it before we decide to test the roms
    Can you please modify the start post and add it under "Known issues"
    I think it is wrong that something like this is not mentioned.
    I think I wasted 2 days testing 5 to 7 ROMS and all of them have the Bug but "No known issues"