[ROM][DISCONTINUED][OFFICIAL]Pixel Extended ROM for Miatoll Devices [A11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

1qazwsx4

Sep 19, 2011
New Zealand
Personally, I also have curtana and I flashed the IN firmware since it was the latest version at the time.

I see, was your phone brought in India? just wondering if anyone can clarify if it matters what version to flash? Sorry for the unrelated to rom questions but people aren't answering even in the firmware post page haha.

realFalse

• Jul 21, 2019
    I see, was your phone brought in India? just wondering if anyone can clarify if it matters what version to flash? Sorry for the unrelated to rom questions but people aren't answering even in the firmware post page haha.

No, it was not. It had a global rom originally.

Honestly, I don't know what's the difference between the IN and Global firmware, but at the time IN was the only one who was for Android 11.

But checking the firmware list now, I can see that the global firmware have been updated to Android 11 as well.

Reactions: 1qazwsx4

1qazwsx4

Sep 19, 2011
    New Zealand
    Clean flashed, formatted data (typed yes) updated to latest curtana firmware and setup device. Everything seemed to be work well and ROM was smooth and fluid however after approx 18 hours of device being on - my device was unresponsive after trying to turn the screen on and had to force off then restart. Will report if it happens again

xrpdigital

• Apr 11, 2021
    Redmi Note 9 Pro
    Clean flashed, formatted data (typed yes) updated to latest curtana firmware and setup device. Everything seemed to be work well and ROM was smooth and fluid however after approx 18 hours of device being on - my device was unresponsive after trying to turn the screen on and had to force off then restart. Will report if it happens againI
    I know the issue...New update will be soon

1qazwsx4

Sep 19, 2011
    New Zealand
    Does this rom have microphone bug? Im feed with miui and want something like this to try.... Br
    I've come from the latest miui EU ROM, I'll put it this way... So far everything I've tried works without any issues, camera is fine, Bluetooth streaming and how works. Texting and calling is fine (no apparent echo or microphone bus etc but I haven't tried loudspeaker cause I never use it), data and WiFi no issues either. Flashed latest curtana global firmware and clean installed. Very happy so far!

darthveda

Oct 18, 2009
    Bangalore
    Redmi Note 9 Pro
    I flashed the May update over April update (no wipe), I see the ANX camera being dropped in May update, is that intentional?
    On a side note, I have not seen the sleep crash for 24 hours now, I used to have 3 to 4 in April update. Whether it is due to dropping of ANX bits, I am not sure.

aaur4man

Jan 1, 2010
    I flashed the May update over April update (no wipe), I see the ANX camera being dropped in May update, is that intentional?
    On a side note, I have not seen the sleep crash for 24 hours now, I used to have 3 to 4 in April update. Whether it is due to dropping of ANX bits, I am not sure.

"may update" is from OP?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      likQDEZ.png

Pixel Extended ROM for Miatoll Devices

What is this?

PixelExtended ROM (or PEX for short), We are Combining Pixel Goodies with some essential features you were missing in Pixel Experience, delivering a ROM that promises you stability and being feature-rich at the same time. TBH this ROM will keep its Pixel' idea intact and won't be bloat with unwanted features.

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11 (R)

What's working?

Wifi
      RIL
      Mobile data
      GPS
      Camera
      Flashlight
      Camcorder
      Bluetooth
      Fingerprint reader
      Face unlock
      NFC
      Lights
      Sound/vibration​

Known issues

You Tell Me!​

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Version Information
      Stable
      Current Stable Version: 11
      Stable Release Date: 25-4-2021
      Current Version: 2.6

Created 25-4-2021
      Last Updated 25-4-2021
      In my opinion it is a bug and not common. It´s not against you or the ROM- IT´s about the fact that no maintainer provides this information and all people think they get a full working device.

Another Questsion:

MiXplorer is installed at this ROM. Is it possible to remove it without root? Maybe in the recovery?
      You can disable and/or remove any system app with adb commands
      adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 <name of package> pm uninstall -k --user 0 <name of package>
      Okay.. flashed this yesterday after MIUI 12.0.4.0. First custom ROM I have flashed on my curtana. So here are the initial impressions:

1. The UI - slick pixel goodness, a treat to sore eyes after months of torture from the extremely choppy animations of MIUI 12. There are occasional lags and the gesture navigation feels a bit choppy at times, but nothing too bad.

2. The radio performance - I am not sure about anyone else, but this solved a huge problem of mine. In MIUI I never used to get good 4G inside my house, I am not sure how this rom achieved it but I could see a noticeable difference in the connectivity. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth work as stated in OP.

3. Battery - Not too impressed, but hey thats Android 11 for you. Installing Naptime has helped a little with idle drain.
      Quick question - How long does the battery on Curtana actually last for you guys? I have never had a chance to ask anyone....

4. Camera and Camcorder - As stated in OP, ANX is installed and works, so no complaints there.

Overall, a solid feature-packed, beautiful, heavily customizable and most importantly - stable ROM that I can daily drive and don't need to worry about missing any important calls from work because my stupid phone does not work😅. All thanks to XRPDigital and all the other devs behind PEX.
      Can you please modify the start post and add it under "Known issues"
      I think it is wrong that something like this is not mentioned.
      I think I wasted 2 days testing 5 to 7 ROMS and all of them have the Bug but "No known issues"
      You are so right...i spend so much time i initialising my joyeuse phone after i had installed the pixel extended rom,just to find out that the echo problem remains...i do respect the precious effort the developers had done but if knew i wouldn't bother from the start ...i did test also a lot of custom android 11 roms but all of it have the echo issue..it would be really helpful if we knew it before we decide to test the roms
      It's present..
      Can you please modify the start post and add it under "Known issues"
      I think it is wrong that something like this is not mentioned.
      I think I wasted 2 days testing 5 to 7 ROMS and all of them have the Bug but "No known issues"