[ROM-DISCONTINUED][OPO][6.0.1_r61][AOSP+CAF][CMTE+OMS][MM]CandySiX - Bacon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

abhibnl

Oct 13, 2011
even cm struggles with hevc/x265 file type.
It doesn't. I'm a heavy media consumer on my phone. And i watch x265 almost all the time. It works fine on HW mode in MX player.
Well, I am building with Sultanxda's kernel and blobs (and even HALs), so if it works in his builds, it's likely to work in CandySiX too. If it doesn't, it's probably something in frameworks. It's codecs, and some were deprecated by Google (AOSP). You have to be careful with proprietary files too. ;)
I wish i could try it as well but too busy with work n stuff. I can give a quick test of videos on a fresh installation though. [emoji4]
cm quick setting arrangements in pages is perfect, really appreciate if implemented. <3
Well that would be against the AOSPish policy of dev since it would include a lot of framework changes.

Sent from OnePlus One

S

#sychrome#

It doesn't. I'm a heavy media consumer on my phone. And i watch x265 almost all the time. It works fine on HW mode in MX player.

I wish i could try it as well but too busy with work n stuff. I can give a quick test of videos on a fresh installation though. [emoji4]

Well that would be against the AOSPish policy of dev since it would include a lot of framework changes.

Sent from OnePlus One
the thing is hw don't turn on

S

#sychrome#

On this rom, it could happend. On CM13, it will play with HW mode. Can u test it on a CM13 nightly and then let me know that you can't play it on hw mode?

Sent from OnePlus One
i am RR pretty much cm at core base and would let you know about HWbwhen next episode of blindspot will come out.

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
@NoSpamDan perfect mix of aosp+cm features. If u could implement stock recents it would be a perfect ROM.
? This already exists...

dbbd26716185c56a5ebd1aea98cd6aea.jpg

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
Stock has more squarish recents and recents button follow the recents window. Please have a look and see if u can add it in next build and see his it goes.
What ROM is that from exactly? I can't tell if your launcher is doing that.

Sorry, but with 3 versions of Recents to choose from already, a square-cornered version is not coming form me, mate.

Reactions: venky716

pa1281

Apr 13, 2014
Bangalore
What ROM is that from exactly? I can't tell if your launcher is doing that.

Sorry, but with 3 versions of Recents to choose from already, a square-cornered version is not coming form me, mate.
Thats from a cm nightly. I'm using the stock launcher. Squarish recents would have looked more aospish. If u could add for a single build ,it would make a perfect ROM for me atleast :p.

jkmangang

Jan 12, 2014
DELHI
jkmeetei.WordPress.com
I'm going to flash this ROM.. It was a good ROM when I tried the beta version.
What I want to know is does this ROM support f2fs. Sultan's kernel has supported f2fs since he started building with stable cm branch.

Update: f2fs is supported in data and cache partitions with system partition in ext4 format.
This ROM was one of my favourite while it was in beta phase.
Well, it has matured quite a lot. Thanks Dev. :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: NoSpamDan
S

#sychrome#

I'm going to flash this ROM.. It was a good ROM when I tried the beta version.
What I want to know is does this ROM support f2fs. Sultan's kernel has supported f2fs since he started building with stable cm branch.

Update: f2fs is supported in data and cache partitions with system partition in ext4 format.
This ROM was one of my favourite while it was in beta phase.
Well, it has matured quite a lot. Thanks Dev. :good:
r u ****ing serious, search buttons r there for a reason. if he had done it he would have informed us or put it in change log

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
r u ****ing serious, search buttons r there for a reason. if he had done it he would have informed us or put it in change log

Come on, are you a nut?
I did..I searched it then..you don't need to tell me what I should do..

If you are not so serious, search "f2fs", and check yourself... Don't be a #ick..

Guys, chill... You guys need a new version to flash already, or what? LOL

To be fair, I did say I'd look into adding it but I never said it was yet. It IS... :D I'm glad it's working.

The change log is inside the ROM, so there's that. I have been too busy with soft reboots on Celox devices to pretty up changes here, but I normally try to mention the more significant ones when posting builds.

Right now, I'm testing On The Go Mode, Custom Carrier Status Bar Text, Increasing Ringtone, and Increasing Alarms... (the last 3 added to Candy by yours truly ;) ). Awaiting test results from someone else on the last one...

PlayingPoise

May 7, 2013
Wolcott
Took a break from this ROM to try out COS 13 and I just came back to the AOSPB build, and the speed difference is insane. Thank you Dan for making something this stable, even on the new base it's beyond faster and smoother than COS.

Natakranta

Mar 19, 2013
Dublin
@NoSpamDan, Could you implement volume tile to Quick Settings?
One tap opens volume panel, long press opens Sound and notifications in Settings.
It's very useful when phone lies flat on desk and I want to change volume with touch of a screen instead of using two hands to press volume rocker. Volume panel opens as expanded or not expanded depending as user left it last time: expanded or not expanded.

Here's link to Dirtyunicorns gerrit commit 27255/ with which they implemented it.

Thanks!

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
@NoSpamDan, Could you implement volume tile to Quick Settings?
One tap opens volume panel, long press opens Sound and notifications in Settings.
It's very useful when phone lies flat on desk and I want to change volume with touch of a screen instead of using two hands to press volume rocker. Volume panel opens as expanded or not expanded depending as user left it last time: expanded or not expanded.

Here's link to Dirtyunicorns gerrit commit 27255/ with which they implemented it.

Thanks!
Now that's what I call a good post right there! I think I remember you from @RobbieL811's OPO SlimLP thread, @fusionjack's SlimSaber, or both. Welcome! :D

Anyway, the only problem with that commit is that the DU version of that is not AOSP-ish, and Candy is. In fact, PureNexus cleaned up some of the QS tile code...

So I found this instead, which should be more compatible, and shouldn't be too hard to implement. I'll look at it later when I'm home... :D

S

#sychrome#

Now that's what I call a good post right there! I think I remember you from @RobbieL811's OPO SlimLP thread, @fusionjack's SlimSaber, or both. Welcome! :D

Anyway, the only problem with that commit is that the DU version of that is not AOSP-ish, and Candy is. In fact, PureNexus cleaned up some of the QS tile code...

So I found this instead, which should be more compatible, and shouldn't be too hard to implement. I'll look at it later when I'm home... :D
When I saw link to github I placed my gun on table again, believing in humanity once again.god bless him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Candy_Si_X_banner_zpsb0gf52k4.png

This is CandySiX. Built straight from source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM. We aim to add more features as this project progresses.

Check us out on the web @The-Candy-Shop

2e8esupa.jpg

@matthew0776 @mar5hal @gimmeitorilltell @Cuzz1369 @rc420head @Flashalot @Venomtester @Darknites @javelinanddart @calebcabob @NoSpamDan

qy9e6u4u.jpg

ROM
    DEVICE SOURCE
    KERNEL SOURCE

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

FEATURES
    Choose from CMTE or OMS (RRO Layers is DEPRECATED)
    Battery bar
    LCD density options
    Multi-window
    Status bar customization
    Quick setting customization
    Quick setting pull down options
    Force expand notifications
    Time contextual headers in panel
    Dark UI switch
    Advanced power menu
    Extra IME options
    In-Call vibration options
    Lockscreen customizations:
    -Shortcuts
    -Music visualizer
    -Weather​
    Animations:
    -Power menu
    -List view
    -System
    -Toast​
    Navbar customization (CMTE only):
    -SmartBar
    -Fling
    -Pulse​
    Hardware Buttons settings:
    -Slim Hardware key rebinding
    -Long-press/double-tap actions
    -Volume rocker​
    On the Go mode
    Screenshot Crop & Share
    Fully charged notification and toggle
    CPU info overlay (Developer options)
    Snap camera (Sultan's)
    More to come, we are never done...

CHANGELOG

Steps:

ATTENTION
    1. Some versions of TWRP, such as 2.8.7.1 have issues flashing radio files, unless you find a version which has this patched. Also, BaNks GApps has announced that they are not supporting TWRP versions older than v3.0.0.0, so It is suggested to use TWRP v3.0.0.0 and up going forward.
    2. You may need to flash a recent CM13 Nightly to get the newest firmware before flashing this.

Coming from another ROM
    1) Download CandySiX.zip (See Post #2)
    2) Download 6.0 Gapps (optional - See Post #2)
    3) Boot into recovery (either twrp or cwm)
    4) Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
    5) Flash CandySiX.zip
    6) Flash Gapps
    7) Reboot

Updating from previous CandySiX release
    1) Download CandySiX.zip (See Post #2)
    2) Boot into recovery
    3) Flash CandySiX.zip
    4) Reboot
    5) Please give first boot a good few minutes

IMPORTANT - PROBLEMS/ISSUES:
    If you have issues, I need the following:
    1. Logs from you (logcat, last_kmsg, dmesg) linked to on pastebin.com or hasteb.in, showing the failure.
    2. A clear description of the steps that I need to take to exactly reproduce the problem.
    3. State what flavor build you are on: CMTE, Layers, OMS, etc...
    Please DO NOT complain about problems and offer nothing to help fix it. I reserve the right to ignore you for not following insructions...

NO ETA REQUESTS!

Special thanks to @Cuzz1369, @rc420head, @Sultanxda (CAF kernel), BrokenROM, CyanogenMod, SlimRoms, Omni and all the rest who make their source open. We can't do this on our own.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM-DISCONTINUED][OPO][6.0.1_r61][AOSP+CAF][CMTE+OMS][MM]CandySiX - Bacon, ROM for the OnePlus One

Contributors
    NoSpamDan, Cuzz1369, rc420head
    Source Code: http://github.com/CandyRoms

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: May need latest CM stable or nightly flashed first if issues...
    Based On: AOSP + CAF

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.2
    Stable Release Date: 2016-04-11

Created 2016-01-26
    Last Updated 2017-01-05
    url]

IMPORTANT: Please understand that if you flash this ROM and experience issues, I need a comprehensive problem description along with logs (logcat and/or dmesg/last_kmsg) of the issue happening.

TWO ROM VERSIONS: Effective 26July2016, choose from CMTE or OMS/Substratum!
    (You can NOT flash one on top of the other... If you decide to switch and try the other one, you MUST Clean Flash!)

DOWNLOAD OMS/Substratum themed ROM (Substratum app required - Guide to using Substratum):
    CandySiX-bacon-3.2.S-OFFICIAL-0909.zip

DOWNLOAD CMTE (CM Theme Engine based) ROM:
    CandySiX-bacon-3.2-OFFICIAL-0908.zip

GAPPS
    "Normal" BaNks Dynamic GApps
    Open GApps

Recovery:
    TWRP v3.0.0 and newer

Extras:
    - Flashable DeskClock with updates and fixes to fix the Settings FC.
    - If you want to disableCPU underclocking, you can flash @Sultanxda's zip to do this: Disable CPU Underclock.
    - If you want to remove the built-in SuperSU, flash this in recovery after the ROM: SuperSU_Root_Remover.zip

Previous ROM versions:

New build is up in Post #2

OK, here it is, a long-awaited update... you guys are gonna LIKE this one... ;)

And... you guessed it... You MUST clean flash (wipe /data) if coming from ANY previous version!

Well, maybe you didn't guess that, but if you do not wipe /data you will likely face issues with battery drain, FCs, and your phone might eat your cat. :silly:

New features:
    • CandySiX Version 3.0
    • New SmartBar customizable softkey navigation
    • Fling navigation (optional)
    • Pulse NavBar music visualizer
    • Lock screen music visualizations
    • Screenshot Crop & Share
    • Fully Charged notification with toggle
    • CPU information overlay (enable in Developer options)
    • Fixed Theme Tile functionality
    • Fix to persist disabled Hardware Keys
    • Toggling OFF Hardware Keys (Buttons) now toggles ON SmartBar, and vice-versa. Toast messages should indicate what is switching on/off.
      (For now, you will need to disable the Hardware Key Lights manually if you want them off.)
    • Gestures are still not 100% and I'll be working on them soon. DT2W still works for now...
    • More... :p

Clean flash, clean flash, clean flash...
    CandySiX-bacon-3.0-OFFICIAL-0605.zip

Enjoy!
    New builds...

Changes:
    • July Security updates
    • See the change log in Settings > About phone > Change log for more information.

There are two builds, one OMS/Substratum build, and a CMTE one. RRO Layers is DEPRECATED. Be careful which you download and flash. You should know which theme engine you are currently using already, or you will need to clean flash... simple as that.

The only build that may be dirty flashed is the CMTE one!

(You have been warned.)

OMS/Substratum - CLEAN FLASH ONLY, STARTING WITH THIS BUILD!:
    CandySiX-bacon-3.1.L-OFFICIAL-0725.zip
    (You also need the Substratum app)

CMTE (Clean or Dirty flash):
    CandySiX-bacon-3.1-OFFICIAL-0726.zip
    New build is up in Post #2

How about an update? You guys are gonna like this one... ;)

It's been a while; a dirty flash may be OK, but there are enough changes to warrant a clean flash. If you get system errors clean flash and try again...

Changes:
    • :victory: :cool: :highfive: Screen Off Gestures (SOGs) working 100%! :highfive: :cool: :victory:
    • Screenrecord in Power menu and a new QS Tile
    • Music QS Tile
    • Multi-window (activate per app in Recents with the button next to the dismiss button "X")
    • Updated Screenshot Crop & Share so it's less annoying (editing is an option in the notification)
    • Notification headers
    • Using the new Slim framework behind the scenes
    • Call Proximity Speaker (re-implemented with Slim framework)
    • Version 3.1 bump

CandySiX-bacon-3.1-OFFICIAL-0701.zip

BaNks GApps is suggested on this one...

Have fun and Cheers!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone