[ROM][DISCONTINUED] SlimKat 4.4 UNOFFICIAL

Search This thread

Viadanna

Mar 17, 2011
Now that official weeklies are coming, there's no more need for this.

Disclaimer:This is an UNOFFICIAL release, just doing this for fun, I offer no support whatsoever. DO NOT trust this as your daily driver; I don't.

Credits goes to Slimroms team, cn.fyodor, steve676 and CyanogenMod team.

Confirmed Working
Phone
Messaging
Mobile Data 2G and 3G
Wifi
Bluetooth
GPS & Compass
Camera & Gallery
DeskClock
Daydream

Does not Work
Wifi tethering

Not tested
Everything else

Download ROM Slim-4.4.beta.1-UNOFFICIAL-20131130-0922
PA_GAPPS Here

About ART

Yeah, I know, this is why you want KitKat. Anyway, it might work, it might not. This is how I could get it working:

[a] Format /system;
Apply this zip;
[c] Apply pa_gapps;
[d] Reboot and test;
[e] Change runtime to libart.so and reboot into recovery;
[f] Format /cache;
[g] Clear dalvik-cache;
[h] Reboot and wait 40 minutes for it to compile everything;

Last edited:

Setting.Out

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 10, 2013
Sèvres
Hello guys,

Since no SlimKat weeklies are around for crespo, I decided to build those myself. This is my first build that boots and seems stable enough for testing. Needs latest CWM to flash.

Disclaimer:This is pre-alpha work, and I'm not even in Slimroms org, just doing this for fun. DO NOT trust this as your daily driver; I don't.

Confirmed Working
Phone & Messaging
Camera & Gallery
Clock
PA GAPPS: Calendar, Chrome, Drive, Earth, Gmail, Google Now, Google Launcher, Google+, Hangouts, Keep, Maps, Play Music

Not tested
Everything else

Downloads
ROM 2013-Nov-26
PA_GAPPS Here

Built from source or ported?.. What, if any, features does it have?.. And what kernel is included?

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Viadanna

Mar 17, 2011
Built from source with just a few patches to device tree and SurfaceFlinger. Running on Devil kernel also built from sources.

It's very light on extra features for now, most are still in the process of being ported from JB version.

Setting.Out

Mar 10, 2013
Sèvres
Built from source with just a few patches to device tree and SurfaceFlinger. Running on Devil kernel also built from sources.

It's very light on extra features for now, most are still in the process of being ported from JB version.

It booted, installed gapps... most settings seemed to work, then I tried to apply custom apps to notification panel and it bootlooped.. :( Also missing the slim bootanimation..

Will wait for update to test again..

Nice start!!

Viadanna

Mar 17, 2011
It booted, installed gapps... most settings seemed to work, then I tried to apply custom apps to notification panel and it bootlooped.. :( Also missing the slim bootanimation..

Nice start!!
Just updated the build. The issue with apps in notification drawer seems fixed.
The Slim branding isn't included in the build process yet.

Reactions: treesurf

Setting.Out

Mar 10, 2013
Sèvres
Thanks, I've got the bootanim from vendor/slim repo, it's just an issue with the build process that can't recognize the screen width to select the proper file.

Got further this time.. :) I checked all the settings, and they seem to work.. and had some issue with one of my apps and the superuser, so I downloaded SuperSu and it "tried to update binaries" but the phone bootlooped..?? I will try again and see if it happens again..

*Edit*

SuperSu failed to update binaries for me, but I just flashed it instead, and all is well.. I have rebooted a couple times to see if it'll loop.. So far so good, but this doesn't mean i don't want more updates.. :)

Last edited:

Setting.Out

Mar 10, 2013
Sèvres
Okay, flashed and restored.. I didn't note many changes, but seems very snappy and smooth.. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now that official weeklies are coming, there's no more need for this.

Disclaimer:This is an UNOFFICIAL release, just doing this for fun, I offer no support whatsoever. DO NOT trust this as your daily driver; I don't.

Confirmed Working
    Phone
    Messaging
    Mobile Data 2G and 3G
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    GPS & Compass
    Camera & Gallery
    DeskClock
    Daydream

Does not Work
    Wifi tethering

Not tested
    Everything else

Download ROM Slim-4.4.beta.1-UNOFFICIAL-20131130-0922
    PA_GAPPS Here

About ART

Yeah, I know, this is why you want KitKat. Anyway, it might work, it might not. This is how I could get it working:

[a] Format /system;
    Apply this zip;
    [c] Apply pa_gapps;
    [d] Reboot and test;
    [e] Change runtime to libart.so and reboot into recovery;
    [f] Format /cache;
    [g] Clear dalvik-cache;
    [h] Reboot and wait 40 minutes for it to compile everything;
    New ROM is up with extended widget controls in Settings.
    How can you label this beta if the offical builds are still in alpha stage and are missing most of the magic that makes it slimrom?

How can you complain?? Just be grateful to try a new ROM..

Nice start!!

https://www.mediafire.com/?j3abv8qs86jai14

Here's your bootanimation..

Downloaded your rom, but haven't installed it yet.. I'll get back to you with a report.. :)