[ROM][discovery][10.0] AOSP [Sony Open Devices Project]

Search This thread

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
alaskalinuxuser3.ddns.net
aosp.jpg

To God be the glory, a working AOSP ROM for those on both the 50.1 and the 50.2 firmware, now based on Android 10! This is a fully functional ROM, but there may still be a few bugs here and there, please read this entire post before using!

**** This is an UNOFFICIAL ROM. Install at your own risk! ****
WARNING: This build SHOULD work on both the H3213 and H3223, but I could only test on a H3223.
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damages to your device.

A huge thanks to the Android Open Source Project and Sony Open Devices Project!​

The Sony Open Devices Project (SODP) is, in Sony's own words:
For some of the Xperia™ devices, we provide Android™ Open Source Project (AOSP) device configurations on GitHub. This means that the software will be open for you as a developer to use and contribute to. This is a way for us to support the open Android community, and it is also a tool for us to facilitate and verify contributions to AOSP.

That said, any and all of my work relating to this project is completely available for any who wish to use or modify it. I didn't make AOSP, the device trees, or vendor blobs. I simply used and edited existing material. A huge thanks should go to those who actually created this stuff.

This Unofficial AOSP ROM was built for the H3223 (discovery), but may work on some of the other variants, please try at your own risk. However, if you do try it on another variant, please be sure to let me know in the comments how well it worked.

Downloads:
Rom Download link:
Note: This is designed to work with any firmware version of the XA2 Ultra, because you flash a custom OEM partition. I've tested this on 50.1 and 50.2 firmware phones.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/dl8dcra6ojog5/Sony Open Device Project
IF there is an ENG build, it is marked "ENG" for testing purposes only. It's your phone, you can install anything you want, but I do not recommend installing the ENG build. Use the "USER" or "USERDEBUG" builds.

Currently, Open Gapps is still in beta form for Android 10. This ROM does not include Gapps, and my attempt to flash gapps failed, but your mileage may vary.

Installation instructions: (DIFFERENT THAN NORMAL! DONE THROUGH FASTBOOT!)

- Download the zip file for AOSP 10.
- Unzip the zip file, and you will find 5 images.
- If using Windows, put these in your folder you use for fastboot, if using Linux, you can do this from any folder.
- Reboot the phone into bootloader/fastboot mode.
- Flash them to your phone, like so (example for Linux)
Code:
$ fastboot flash boot ./boot.img 
$ fastboot flash oem ./oem.img 
$ fastboot flash system ./system.img 
$ fastboot flash userdata ./userdata.img
$ fastboot flash vendor ./vendor.img 
$ fastboot reboot

Your phone will now boot into AOSP 10!

If you plan to install magisk, then let the rom boot once, then go back to TWRP and flash magisk. I recommend making a backup of at least the boot partition first. Magisk is optional, of course. And you do so at your own risk!

What works:
Code:
So far these things that I have tried work, such as
- Display/touch
- Camera (front and back) for pictures and video!
- Phone calls
- Data 3g/LTE
- Bluetooth
- WiFi
- Sound in system, in calls, over bluetooth devices
- MicroSD card (external SD card).
- GPS
- Fingerprint sensor
- MTP file transfer
etc....
What doesn't:
Code:
- FM Radio does not work
- The built in Gallery app can play back recorded videos from camera, however, sometimes has a green screen first.
---> VLC or other apps work fine for video playback, though.
- Camera button does not launch camera.
- Nothing else that I know of, but let me know if you find something!

Source Code: https://source.android.com/
Device, kernel, and vendor trees: https://github.com/sonyxperiadev
My GitLab: https://gitlab.com/alaskalinuxuser/

ROM OS Version: 10.0
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.194
Based On: Android Open Source Project

Created 2019-11-13
Last Updated 2019-11-13

Last edited:
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Changelog:
- Fixed MTP crash issue.
- Rebuilt kernel 4.9 with gcc instead of clang
- Fixed camera
- Bootup time much faster

- Rebased kernel to 4.9
- No video recording
- Camera turns green
- MTP/PTP still not working

- Rebuilt kernel (4.14)
- Long boot up time.
- Random reboots fixed.
- Still no camera.
- Can't use MTP/PTP to transfer files.

- First build, a bit laggy.
- Random reboots.
- Camera doesn't work at all.
- Can't use MTP/PTP to transfer files.

Notes:
This ROM is very, very, vanilla. It is straight up AOSP. No frills, no mods, no extras. Just pure source.
Currently, Open Gapps is still in beta form for Android 10. This ROM does not include Gapps, and my attempt to flash gapps failed, but your mileage may vary.
I also don't use social media except XDA, so I don't know how well every app works. But if you have issues and have logs, perhaps I can look at them and see what is wrong.

Can I flash back to firmware 50.x.xxxx after flashing this?
Yes, you can. I flashed this and then flashed back to the 50.2 firmware several times while testing. As always, you assume full responsibility for your device, but it worked for me.

Can I install Magisk on this ROM?
Yes, I have successfully installed Magisk through TWRP.

Issues/workarounds:
- Video playback from camera. Any camera videos you record work fine, and the built in player can play them, however, the built in player often shows a "green" screen at the beginning of the video. The video itself is fine. I downloaded and used VLC app to play them and they work just fine. You can get VLC or other apps from the play store, or here: https://www.f-droid.org/en/packages/org.videolan.vlc/.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191113-054826.jpg
    Screenshot_20191113-054826.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 619
  • Screenshot_20191113-054832.jpg
    Screenshot_20191113-054832.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 620
  • Screenshot_20191113-054851.png
    Screenshot_20191113-054851.png
    121 KB · Views: 620
  • Screenshot_20191113-055117.png
    Screenshot_20191113-055117.png
    117.9 KB · Views: 608
Last edited:

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Reactions: Yodasgodfather

dbrown101386

Oct 9, 2013
Beaverton
djhelios.comlu.com
What have I missed?

Code:
C:\Flashtool\x10flasher_native>fastboot flash boot boot.img
< waiting for any device >
Sending 'boot__a' (24045 KB)                       OKAY [  0.577s]
Writing 'boot__a'                                  FAILED (remote: 'No such partition.')
Finished. Total time: 0.587s

C:\Flashtool\x10flasher_native>fastboot flash oem oem.img
Sending 'oem' (219820 KB)                          OKAY [  5.288s]
Writing 'oem'                                      OKAY [  0.002s]
Finished. Total time: 5.295s

C:\Flashtool\x10flasher_native>fastboot flash system system.img
Sending sparse 'system__a' 1/3 (515804 KB)         OKAY [ 12.805s]
Writing sparse 'system__a' 1/3                     FAILED (remote: 'No such partition.')
Finished. Total time: 15.204s

C:\Flashtool\x10flasher_native>fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
Sending 'userdata' (4272 KB)                       OKAY [  0.106s]
Writing 'userdata'                                 OKAY [  0.003s]
Finished. Total time: 0.112s

C:\Flashtool\x10flasher_native>fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
Sending 'vendor' (48188 KB)                        OKAY [  1.167s]
Writing 'vendor'                                   OKAY [  0.002s]
Finished. Total time: 1.173s

C:\Flashtool\x10flasher_native>fastboot reboot
Rebooting

I think my device might be on Slot B, should I switch it in TWRP?

Reactions: AlaskaLinuxUser

andro971

Jan 29, 2009
Last edited:

andro971

Jan 29, 2009
Asop 10 working also in My H4213

Asop 10 working also in My H4213 '
i try LineageOS 17.1 and PixelExperience_Plus
but My opinion is Aosp 10 is the best so I can install pixel camera with main camera I could not do it with LineageOS 17.1 or PixelExperience_Plus 10
Because not working i try all virsion of gcamera and pixel camera
only in Aosp 10 working good
the best for is Xa2 ultra

Last edited:

jnappert

Aug 23, 2010
Just for my understanding: Is this ROM able to run stock Sony Apps such as Camera, Album, Mail, Live-Wallpapers without the need to convert/port them to "universal apps" first?

maximdq

Aug 28, 2011
hi, i am new, i have installed lineage 17 in my xa2 ultra, and i have the problem that the microphone audio goes out from time to time, install a zip but it doesn't work either, does this rom work well? Could someone tell me the steps to install it? I have the fastboot in windows, I speak Spanish and my English is bad, I use a translator. thank you. another query this rom is updated?

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
hi, i am new, i have installed lineage 17 in my xa2 ultra, and i have the problem that the microphone audio goes out from time to time, install a zip but it doesn't work either, does this rom work well? Could someone tell me the steps to install it? I have the fastboot in windows, I speak Spanish and my English is bad, I use a translator. thank you. another query this rom is updated?
I have not updated this ROM in several months, but it was fully functional. You can find the instructions in the first post.

Sent from my Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra with Android 10

maximdq

Aug 28, 2011
I have not updated this ROM in several months, but it was fully functional. You can find the instructions in the first post.

Sent from my Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra with Android 10

ok, the commands are 1 by 1 or all together they are put in fastboot ?, and another important thing the gapps can i install the ones for android 10? through twrp? because otherwise google wouldn't work for me. I wait for a response, thank you

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

ahh another question, how do I uninstall lineage 17? I go into twrp and delete everything? or do I just do the aosp installation steps? Thank you

maximdq

Aug 28, 2011
someone who has installed the gapps? I have tried mini and nano by twrp and it doesn't work. some help?? Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, some good news, work on the 4.14 kernel is progressing from the SODP, so hopefully a build with that kernel will be coming soon. This build has the 4.9 kernel, which is working very solid, as it has been my daily driver for about 10 days now.
    Asop 10 working also in My H4213

Asop 10 working also in My H4213 '
    i try LineageOS 17.1 and PixelExperience_Plus
    but My opinion is Aosp 10 is the best so I can install pixel camera with main camera I could not do it with LineageOS 17.1 or PixelExperience_Plus 10
    Because not working i try all virsion of gcamera and pixel camera
    only in Aosp 10 working good
    the best for is Xa2 ultra
    aosp.jpg

To God be the glory, a working AOSP ROM for those on both the 50.1 and the 50.2 firmware, now based on Android 10! This is a fully functional ROM, but there may still be a few bugs here and there, please read this entire post before using!

**** This is an UNOFFICIAL ROM. Install at your own risk! ****
    WARNING: This build SHOULD work on both the H3213 and H3223, but I could only test on a H3223.
    Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damages to your device.

A huge thanks to the Android Open Source Project and Sony Open Devices Project!​

The Sony Open Devices Project (SODP) is, in Sony's own words:
    For some of the Xperia™ devices, we provide Android™ Open Source Project (AOSP) device configurations on GitHub. This means that the software will be open for you as a developer to use and contribute to. This is a way for us to support the open Android community, and it is also a tool for us to facilitate and verify contributions to AOSP.

That said, any and all of my work relating to this project is completely available for any who wish to use or modify it. I didn't make AOSP, the device trees, or vendor blobs. I simply used and edited existing material. A huge thanks should go to those who actually created this stuff.

This Unofficial AOSP ROM was built for the H3223 (discovery), but may work on some of the other variants, please try at your own risk. However, if you do try it on another variant, please be sure to let me know in the comments how well it worked.

Downloads:
    Rom Download link:
    Note: This is designed to work with any firmware version of the XA2 Ultra, because you flash a custom OEM partition. I've tested this on 50.1 and 50.2 firmware phones.
    http://www.mediafire.com/folder/dl8dcra6ojog5/Sony Open Device Project
    IF there is an ENG build, it is marked "ENG" for testing purposes only. It's your phone, you can install anything you want, but I do not recommend installing the ENG build. Use the "USER" or "USERDEBUG" builds.

Installation instructions: (DIFFERENT THAN NORMAL! DONE THROUGH FASTBOOT!)

- Download the zip file for AOSP 10.
    - Unzip the zip file, and you will find 5 images.
    - If using Windows, put these in your folder you use for fastboot, if using Linux, you can do this from any folder.
    - Reboot the phone into bootloader/fastboot mode.
    - Flash them to your phone, like so (example for Linux)
    Code:
    $ fastboot flash boot ./boot.img 
    $ fastboot flash oem ./oem.img 
    $ fastboot flash system ./system.img 
    $ fastboot flash userdata ./userdata.img
    $ fastboot flash vendor ./vendor.img 
    $ fastboot reboot

Your phone will now boot into AOSP 10!

If you plan to install magisk, then let the rom boot once, then go back to TWRP and flash magisk. I recommend making a backup of at least the boot partition first. Magisk is optional, of course. And you do so at your own risk!

What works:
    Code:
    So far these things that I have tried work, such as
    - Display/touch
    - Camera (front and back) for pictures and video!
    - Phone calls
    - Data 3g/LTE
    - Bluetooth
    - WiFi
    - Sound in system, in calls, over bluetooth devices
    - MicroSD card (external SD card).
    - GPS
    - Fingerprint sensor
    - MTP file transfer
    etc....
    What doesn't:
    Code:
    - FM Radio does not work
    - The built in Gallery app can play back recorded videos from camera, however, sometimes has a green screen first.
    ---> VLC or other apps work fine for video playback, though.
    - Camera button does not launch camera.
    - Nothing else that I know of, but let me know if you find something!

Source Code: https://source.android.com/
    Device, kernel, and vendor trees: https://github.com/sonyxperiadev
    My GitLab: https://gitlab.com/alaskalinuxuser/

ROM OS Version: 10.0
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.194
    Based On: Android Open Source Project

Created 2019-11-13
    Last Updated 2019-11-13
    By chance anyone know how to get cts integrity to pass on aosp the correct way? I've installed some xposed modules but my bank app still does work with or without gapps
    before you install
    1-wipe data & cach & format data
    2- flash aosp 10
    3-reboot
    4-flash BiTGApps-arm64-10.0.0-R8 (note new BiTGApps-arm64-10.0.0-R9 Networking)
    then restart and wait Two minutes then check if google play Appeared
    if you want root
    install magisk apk
    reboot to twrp flash magisk.zip
    pixel camera working in this rom and Some versions of gcamera so you dont need to use aosp camera it always Cramping
    i have flashed in my Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra (Dual H4213)