• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][discovery][11] AOSP [Sony Open Devices Project]

Search This thread

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
alaskalinuxuser3.ddns.net
aosp.jpg

To God be the glory, a working AOSP ROM for those on both the 50.1 and the 50.2 firmware, now based on Android 11! This is a fully functional ROM, but there may still be a few bugs here and there, please read this entire post before using!

**** This is an UNOFFICIAL ROM. Install at your own risk! ****
WARNING: This build SHOULD work on both the H3213 and H3223, but I could only test on a H3223.
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damages to your device.

A huge thanks to the Android Open Source Project and Sony Open Devices Project!​

The Sony Open Devices Project (SODP) is, in Sony's own words:
For some of the Xperia™ devices, we provide Android™ Open Source Project (AOSP) device configurations on GitHub. This means that the software will be open for you as a developer to use and contribute to. This is a way for us to support the open Android community, and it is also a tool for us to facilitate and verify contributions to AOSP.

That said, any and all of my work relating to this project is completely available for any who wish to use or modify it. I didn't make AOSP, SODP, the device trees, or vendor blobs. I simply used and edited existing material. A huge thanks should go to those who actually created this stuff.

This Unofficial AOSP ROM was built for the H3223 (discovery), but may work on some of the other variants, please try at your own risk. However, if you do try it on another variant, please post in the comments how well it worked so others may benefit.

Downloads:
Rom Download link:
Note: This is designed to work with any firmware version of the XA2 Ultra, because you flash a custom OEM partition. I've tested this on 50.1 and 50.2 firmware phones.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/dl8dcra6ojog5/Sony+Open+Device+Project

Installation instructions: (DIFFERENT THAN NORMAL! DONE THROUGH FASTBOOT!)

- Download the zip file for AOSP 11.
- Unzip the zip file, and you will find 5 images.
- If using Windows, put these in your folder you use for fastboot, if using Linux, you can do this from any folder.
- Reboot the phone into bootloader/fastboot mode.
- Flash them to your phone, like so (example for Linux)
Code:
$ fastboot flash boot ./boot.img 
$ fastboot flash oem ./oem.img 
$ fastboot flash system ./system.img 
$ fastboot flash userdata ./userdata.img
$ fastboot flash vendor ./vendor.img 
$ fastboot reboot

Your phone will now boot into AOSP 11!

If you plan to install magisk, then let the rom boot once, then install the magisk app. Use this downloaded boot.img and have magisk edit it. Then go back to fastboot mode and flash the edited boot image. It worked for me, but you do so at your own risk!

What works:
Code:
So far these things that I have tried work, such as
- Display/touch
- Camera (front and back) for pictures and video!
- Phone calls
- Data 3g/LTE
- Bluetooth
- WiFi
- Sound in system, in calls, over bluetooth devices
- MicroSD card (external SD card).
- GPS
- Fingerprint sensor
etc....
What doesn't:
Code:
- FM Radio does not work
- Camera button does not launch camera.
- Nothing else that I know of, but you are welcome to post here if you find something!

Source Code: https://source.android.com/
Device, kernel, and vendor trees: https://github.com/sonyxperiadev
My GitLab: https://gitlab.com/alaskalinuxuser/

ROM OS Version: 11r4
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.203
Based On: Android Open Source Project

Created 2020-11-13
Last Updated 2020-11-28

Last edited:
Reactions: xrenoix

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
alaskalinuxuser3.ddns.net
WARNING: I built this ROM from SODP source, and I am using it as a daily driver. However, I don't use GAPPS, so I don't know if they work. I also will not be updating or maintaining this ROM. I am posting it here because I believe in sharing, however I am not intending to fix, edit, or update anything on this ROM. Please know that if you install it, you will not be receiving updates here. You are welcome to build the latest versions, dailies, nightlies, monthlies, etc., by going to the SODP website and completing the builds yourself. I just don't have the time to do it, but thought that I would share the build I made for myself.

The only edit I made was I rebuilt the kernel with GCC rather than the pre-built Clang kernel so the camera would work properly.

Reactions: xrenoix

kai ming

Jul 1, 2019
Does miracast work? I know that google took that feature out, but i hope its still in this rom enabled. In other roms (lineage) if i try to miracast, it can find the receiver, but when i try to actually connect to it, it stucks on a soft reboot. Can someone test this out for me? (ps, you can make almost any windows laptop as a miracast receiver if you dont own one, you could try on that).

maximdq

Aug 28, 2011
[QUOTE = "AlaskaLinuxUser, publicación: 84013837, miembro: 7026648"]
Si encuentra un problema con la ROM, puede publicar ese problema aquí si lo desea. Sin embargo, lo mejor que puede hacer es publicarlo en el rastreador de errores de SODP, para que puedan solucionarlo.

https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/bug_tracker
[/CITAR]
hola tiene alguna gaggs para instalar? que metodo se usa? gracias

SEHoldOver

Jul 13, 2021
Sony XA2 Ultra
I am transitioning from a SonyEricsson phone and wanting a good smart phone without all the Google spyware. I installed your ROM on an XA2 Ultra (H3223) and I am having two problems: first, that call audio is not transferred to Bluetooth, and second that customized notification sounds are not playing. Otherwise, everything is pretty good, though I miss the Xperia-style customizations from Sony.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aosp.jpg

To God be the glory, a working AOSP ROM for those on both the 50.1 and the 50.2 firmware, now based on Android 11! This is a fully functional ROM, but there may still be a few bugs here and there, please read this entire post before using!

WARNING: This build SHOULD work on both the H3213 and H3223, but I could only test on a H3223.
    Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damages to your device.

A huge thanks to the Android Open Source Project and Sony Open Devices Project!​

The Sony Open Devices Project (SODP) is, in Sony's own words:
    For some of the Xperia™ devices, we provide Android™ Open Source Project (AOSP) device configurations on GitHub. This means that the software will be open for you as a developer to use and contribute to. This is a way for us to support the open Android community, and it is also a tool for us to facilitate and verify contributions to AOSP.

That said, any and all of my work relating to this project is completely available for any who wish to use or modify it. I didn't make AOSP, SODP, the device trees, or vendor blobs. I simply used and edited existing material. A huge thanks should go to those who actually created this stuff.

This Unofficial AOSP ROM was built for the H3223 (discovery), but may work on some of the other variants, please try at your own risk. However, if you do try it on another variant, please post in the comments how well it worked so others may benefit.

Downloads:
    Rom Download link:
    Note: This is designed to work with any firmware version of the XA2 Ultra, because you flash a custom OEM partition. I've tested this on 50.1 and 50.2 firmware phones.
    http://www.mediafire.com/folder/dl8dcra6ojog5/Sony+Open+Device+Project

Installation instructions: (DIFFERENT THAN NORMAL! DONE THROUGH FASTBOOT!)

- Download the zip file for AOSP 11.
    - Unzip the zip file, and you will find 5 images.
    - If using Windows, put these in your folder you use for fastboot, if using Linux, you can do this from any folder.
    - Reboot the phone into bootloader/fastboot mode.
    - Flash them to your phone, like so (example for Linux)
    Code:
    $ fastboot flash boot ./boot.img 
    $ fastboot flash oem ./oem.img 
    $ fastboot flash system ./system.img 
    $ fastboot flash userdata ./userdata.img
    $ fastboot flash vendor ./vendor.img 
    $ fastboot reboot

Your phone will now boot into AOSP 11!

If you plan to install magisk, then let the rom boot once, then install the magisk app. Use this downloaded boot.img and have magisk edit it. Then go back to fastboot mode and flash the edited boot image. It worked for me, but you do so at your own risk!

What works:
    Code:
    So far these things that I have tried work, such as
    - Display/touch
    - Camera (front and back) for pictures and video!
    - Phone calls
    - Data 3g/LTE
    - Bluetooth
    - WiFi
    - Sound in system, in calls, over bluetooth devices
    - MicroSD card (external SD card).
    - GPS
    - Fingerprint sensor
    etc....
    What doesn't:
    Code:
    - FM Radio does not work
    - Camera button does not launch camera.
    - Nothing else that I know of, but you are welcome to post here if you find something!

Source Code: https://source.android.com/
    Device, kernel, and vendor trees: https://github.com/sonyxperiadev
    My GitLab: https://gitlab.com/alaskalinuxuser/

ROM OS Version: 11r4
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.203
    Based On: Android Open Source Project

Created 2020-11-13
    Last Updated 2020-11-28
    WARNING: I built this ROM from SODP source, and I am using it as a daily driver. However, I don't use GAPPS, so I don't know if they work. I also will not be updating or maintaining this ROM. I am posting it here because I believe in sharing, however I am not intending to fix, edit, or update anything on this ROM. Please know that if you install it, you will not be receiving updates here. You are welcome to build the latest versions, dailies, nightlies, monthlies, etc., by going to the SODP website and completing the builds yourself. I just don't have the time to do it, but thought that I would share the build I made for myself.

The only edit I made was I rebuilt the kernel with GCC rather than the pre-built Clang kernel so the camera would work properly.
    If you do find an issue with the ROM, you can post that issue here if you would like. However, the best thing to do is post it on SODP's bug tracker, so that they can fix it.

https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/bug_tracker