DivestOS is a more private and more secure aftermarket system.
Kindle Fire HDX Notes:
- This is one of the few devices supported by DivestOS that is not -user and doesn't support encryption.
- This is one of the few devices supported by DivestOS that requires the use of TWRP
- strong focus on FOSS
- various system hardening
- various privacy enhancements
- automated removal of unnecessary proprietary blobs
- automated kernel hardening and CVE patching
- ability to relock bootloader on supported devices
- verified boot on supported devices
- no root support
- SELinux always enforcing
- encrypted by default
- monthly updates
- OTA delta updates
- OTA updates over Tor (optional)
- F-Droid included
Extra Features (not installed by default):
- Mull, our hardened fork of Fenix
- Hypatia, our real-time malware scanner
- Extirpater, our free space eraser
- Website: https://divestos.org
- Onion: http://divestoseb5nncsydt7zzf5hrfg44md4bxqjs5ifcv4t7gt7u6ohjyyd.onion
- Downloads: https://divestos.org/index.php?page=devices&base=LineageOS#device-thor, https://divestos.org/index.php?page=devices&base=LineageOS#device-apollo
- Changelogs: https://divestos.org/index.php?page=news
- Project History: https://divestos.org/index.php?page=history
- Known Issues: https://divestos.org/index.php?page=broken#hdx-common
- Screenshots: https://divestos.org/index.php?page=screenshots
- About + Credits + Notices: https://divestos.org/index.php?page=about
- Donate: https://divested.dev/donate
- Source Code: https://github.com/divested-mobile or https://gitlab.com/divested-mobile
- XMPP Chat Room: xmpp:[email protected]
Device Specific Links
- Device Tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_amazon_hdx-common, https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_amazon_thor, https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_amazon_apollo
- Kernel: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_amazon_hdx-common
- Kernel CVE Patches Applied: https://github.com/Divested-Mobile/..._Patchers/android_kernel_amazon_hdx-common.sh
- Good and bad feedback is welcomed. Else how can we improve?
- If you find a bug, please report it below or via GitHub/GitLab.
- Testing/Translations/Code contributions are gratefully appreciated.
Important Notes for New Users:
- Please make a backup of your device and copy it to another computer.
- You must wipe before installing this ROM.
- This ROM has userdata encrypted by default
- You are intended to relock your bootloader with this ROM (if your device is marked supported for that).
DivestOS does *not* support the following:
- Google Apps (OpenGAPPS)
- DRM (Widevine)
- alternative recoveries (TWRP)
- root (Magisk)
- runtime modification frameworks (Xposed or theme engines)
All downloads are GPG signed with the following key:
#B874 4D67 F9F1 E14E 145D FD8E 7F62 7E92 0F31 6994 -----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK----- mDMEXupIxBYJKwYBBAHaRw8BAQdAC1RiTvrqJaAQ4FIHsxX+gzEgdT4mspISS+p0 y847Nge0SERpdmVzdE9TIFJlbGVhc2UgU2lnbmluZyAoMjAyMCAjMSkgPHN1cHBv cnQrcmVsZWFzZXNpZ25pbmdAZGl2ZXN0b3Mub3JnPoiQBBMWCAA4FiEEuHRNZ/nx 4U4UXf2Of2J+kg8xaZQFAl7qSMQCGwMFCwkIBwIGFQoJCAsCBBYCAwECHgECF4AA CgkQf2J+kg8xaZR1BgEAwwLVVsG7kbp8M3GTV987XpVl5cZeTtDc/g+66briCHUB APiuH/dk8eRnhFnq4Up2/j7uD/8FtSvxPbHiz6t1MdgB =VzP2 -----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----