DivestOS is a more private and more secure aftermarket system.
Kindle Fire HDX Notes:
- This is one of the few devices supported by DivestOS that is not -user and doesn't support encryption.
- This is one of the few devices supported by DivestOS that requires the use of TWRP
- strong focus on FOSS
- various system hardening
- various privacy enhancements
- automated removal of unnecessary proprietary blobs
- automated kernel hardening and CVE patching
- ability to relock bootloader on supported devices
- verified boot on supported devices
- no root support
- SELinux always enforcing
- encrypted by default
- monthly updates
- OTA delta updates
- OTA updates over Tor (optional)
- F-Droid included
Extra Features (not installed by default):
- Mull, our hardened fork of Fenix
- Hypatia, our real-time malware scanner
- Extirpater, our free space eraser
- Good and bad feedback is welcomed. Else how can we improve?
- If you find a bug, please report it below or via GitHub/GitLab.
- Testing/Translations/Code contributions are gratefully appreciated.
Important Notes for New Users:
- Please make a backup of your device and copy it to another computer.
- You must wipe before installing this ROM.
- This ROM has userdata encrypted by default
- You are intended to relock your bootloader with this ROM (if your device is marked supported for that).
DivestOS does *not* support the following:
- Google Apps (OpenGAPPS)
- DRM (Widevine)
- alternative recoveries (TWRP)
- root (Magisk)
- runtime modification frameworks (Xposed or theme engines)
All downloads are GPG signed with the following key:
DivestOS now runs on my Thor. Since the installation is different to other DivestOS-Installations, it should be explaied here more:
- No need for the DivestOS-Recovery; just use TWRP bundled with 1-Click-Unlock tool
- Place ROM on internal flash und install via TWRP (like LineageOS; normal wipe before install)
- Downgrade from LOS 16 without problems possible; tested