[ROM] DivestOS 14.1 for thor/apollo

Search This thread

SkewedZeppelin

Mar 19, 2021
When I turn off the tablet it just restarts all the time. Only way I manage to turn it off completely is by booting into twrp then powering off from there. Is this a common issue? I have the same issue on 2 of these tablets.
I saw that a few years back.
My thor broke long ago so I cannot easily debug.
iirc it was related to the defconfig hardening.
I had hoped my MSM_DLOAD_MODE tweaks a while ago would've fixed it, but as you've noted it hasn't.

Reactions: ushilives

alarmingseahorse

Feb 5, 2019
I installed this a couple days ago and so far I'm liking it.

The power menu works for me, but shutdown just reboots. I can live with holding the power button down to force it off if I need to.

Bluetooth connects to my headphones with the latest version!

One issue is that if I pause BT audio for a little bit--some yet-undetermined period of time--and then resume, it comes out of the speakers instead of the headphones. The headphones stay connected. I think I had this issue on ggow's lineage 16. I don't have this issue with them on my stock android phone. I don't have another pair to test this with. Has anyone else had this issue and found a workaround?

mcj108

Oct 2, 2010
Fresno, CA
Working great on apollo!

I noticed installing after installing Amazon app store it just returns a 404 error, and hulu cant sign in with a not allowed error. I noticed Divest comes with a custom hosts file, and was thinking that could be the cause? I replaced the /etc/hosts file with a blank one, but still get the errors. It's okay if these just wont work on this ROM, but if this was caused by the hosts file this is the correct way to remove that, right?

SkewedZeppelin

Mar 19, 2021
Working great on apollo!

I noticed installing after installing Amazon app store it just returns a 404 error, and hulu cant sign in with a not allowed error. I noticed Divest comes with a custom hosts file, and was thinking that could be the cause? I replaced the /etc/hosts file with a blank one, but still get the errors. It's okay if these just wont work on this ROM, but if this was caused by the hosts file this is the correct way to remove that, right?
If you do replace /etc/hosts make sure the contents are as follows:
Code:
127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 ip6-localhost

Hulu likely doesn't work because there is no DRM support in DivestOS.
But I don't see why the Amazon app store wouldn't.
If proprietary apps are what you are after, Aurora Store from F-Droid might be what you need.

Can you provide a logcat of the moments when you try to use those apps?

Buzzpcsos

Oct 30, 2020
I am trying the latest release on both my Apollo and Thor kindles. So far very impressed at its performance.
Boot speed is excellent as was the time it took to install.
Good work guys.
Bluetooth seems a little device dependant. Although it would 'see' my keyboard and speaker I could not connect. Although it would be nice to have this is not a deal breaker for me.
Both machines just reboot each time I try to power off. I know this was an issue talked about in earlier posts but is there a chance that this might get fixed anytime or might there be a tweak that I can try myself ?
Finally I did not see if F2FS partition formatting was supported, so my initial install did not use it. I might try a reinstall with F2FS and see if it improves performance at all. I would be happy to return with details of my experience if anyone is interested.

SkewedZeppelin

Mar 19, 2021
I am trying the latest release on both my Apollo and Thor kindles. So far very impressed at its performance.
Boot speed is excellent as was the time it took to install.
Good work guys.
Bluetooth seems a little device dependant. Although it would 'see' my keyboard and speaker I could not connect. Although it would be nice to have this is not a deal breaker for me.
Both machines just reboot each time I try to power off. I know this was an issue talked about in earlier posts but is there a chance that this might get fixed anytime or might there be a tweak that I can try myself ?
Finally I did not see if F2FS partition formatting was supported, so my initial install did not use it. I might try a reinstall with F2FS and see if it improves performance at all. I would be happy to return with details of my experience if anyone is interested.
- Bluetooth is an upstream issue on this device.
- Reboot issue is annoying but I don't have a thor anymore to debug.
- F2FS isn't officially supported by DivestOS on these older devices.

Reactions: ushilives

Mellow3

May 9, 2012
Thank you for this awesome rom!

Is there any way to check if gpu acceleration is working? In Firefox (Mull) and Twire (twitch client) the performance is not great somehow

Edit:
- I switched to a Chromium based browser - the performance is much better now.
- I forced 2D gpu acceleration in the developer settings. The performance in "Twire" is good now

Last edited:
Reactions: SkewedZeppelin

ushilives

Apr 28, 2018
Xiaomi Mi A1
Xiaomi Poco F1
Thank you for this awesome rom!

Is there any way to check if gpu acceleration is working? In Firefox (Mull) and Twire (twitch client) the performance is not great somehow

Edit:
- I switched to a Chromium based browser - the performance is much better now.
- I forced 2D gpu acceleration in the developer settings. The performance in "Twire" is good now

What does forcing 2d gpu acceleration do?

Top Liked Posts