• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] DivestOS 18.1 for cheeseburger/dumpling

Search This thread

Kjivar

Dec 12, 2014
Having problems signing in on my bank's webpage. Doesn't sim toolkit work with this rom?

Kjivar

Dec 12, 2014
It requires the security measure Bank ID on mobile, and it sends a phrase consisting of two words via stk to my phone. The phrase displayed on web page and the one sent from the bank to my phone has to match. If phrase matches i must enter a pin code. Both apps and web pages uses it. Very common in Norway.
Maybe a bit vague or clumsy explaination

ljn90

Jul 3, 2021
Loving the ROM so far, but would it be possible to implement signature spoofing for MicroG Play Services like in CalyxOS in the future? Thanks (y)

skuffy

Dec 20, 2021
Hello @SkewedZeppelin I have installed DivestOS on dumpling and would like to re-lock the device for security. I read through your instructions but I have a few questions, I hope you might be happy to answer (or indeed anybody else who can advise).

By instructions I mean the steps under 'Locking' in https://divestos.org/index.php?page=bootloader
  • Under step 1, what exactly do you mean by 'verify boot'? That the device boots as expected after DivestOS install? I thought a reason to re-lock was to enable verified boot. Do you mean two different things by verify boot and verified boot?
  • I have used the device for a few days with desired functionality, I have been able to update and also been able to factory reset, so I presume that fulfills the other requirements of step 1
  • Is dumpling an AVB device? How can I check this? I migrated from LineageOS, I certainly didn't flash the custom keys before
  • How will I know that verified boot is enabled after relocking?
Many thanks for all your work on this ROM.

SkewedZeppelin

Mar 19, 2021
divested.dev
Hello @SkewedZeppelin I have installed DivestOS on dumpling and would like to re-lock the device for security. I read through your instructions but I have a few questions, I hope you might be happy to answer (or indeed anybody else who can advise).

By instructions I mean the steps under 'Locking' in https://divestos.org/index.php?page=bootloader
  • Under step 1, what exactly do you mean by 'verify boot'? That the device boots as expected after DivestOS install? I thought a reason to re-lock was to enable verified boot. Do you mean two different things by verify boot and verified boot?
  • I have used the device for a few days with desired functionality, I have been able to update and also been able to factory reset, so I presume that fulfills the other requirements of step 1
  • Is dumpling an AVB device? How can I check this? I migrated from LineageOS, I certainly didn't flash the custom keys before
  • How will I know that verified boot is enabled after relocking?
Many thanks for all your work on this ROM.
1. yes, I mean make sure the device boots
2. sounds like it is working, should be safe to lock
3. dumpling/cheeseburger is a verified boot 1.0 device, not 2.0/AVB, no key flashing possible. it just trusts the keys from the system when locked
4. you'll see a yellow screen instead of an orange screen on boot

of note: this device performs a wipe when locking, so backup all your stuff first if necessary.

If anything, even locked this device is easy to unbrick thanks to EDL being available.

Reactions: skuffy

skuffy

Dec 20, 2021
3. dumpling/cheeseburger is a verified boot 1.0 device, not 2.0/AVB, no key flashing possible. it just trusts the keys from the system when locked

of note: this device performs a wipe when locking, so backup all your stuff first if necessary.

If anything, even locked this device is easy to unbrick thanks to EDL being available.
Thank you! I have relocked and everything is working as expected.

Reactions: SkewedZeppelin

enzo2001

Jun 2, 2018

I have few questions:

1) Do i need to use recovery from the divestos website or any recovery works fine?
2) After installing the ROM, can i flash camera patch zip in recovery for gcam?

SkewedZeppelin

Mar 19, 2021
divested.dev
I have few questions:

1) Do i need to use recovery from the divestos website or any recovery works fine?
2) After installing the ROM, can i flash camera patch zip in recovery for gcam?

1. you do not need to, but it is the only one I will support
2. you cannot flash anything else when using the DivestOS recovery. and if you do flash such modifications via another recovery there is a likely chance it will not boot

3rd party modifications and recoveries are not supported in DivestOS.

the_Nizo

Jan 11, 2019
Google Nexus 4
OnePlus 5
- no root support

[...]

DivestOS does *not* support the following:
[...]
- root (Magisk)

I just tried Magisk and it works fine from what I can see. What do you mean exactly by this? I'd guess that you just didn't test it, but that wording results in something like this for some people:

DivestOS does *not* support the following:
- Google Apps = GREAT !
- DRM (Widevine) = :unsure:
- alternative recoveries (TWRP) = wat ?
- root (Magisk) = maybe not for me
- runtime modification frameworks (Xposed or theme engines) = definitely not for me !

enzo2001

Jun 2, 2018
1. you do not need to, but it is the only one I will support
2. you cannot flash anything else when using the DivestOS recovery. and if you do flash such modifications via another recovery there is a likely chance it will not boot

3rd party modifications and recoveries are not supported in DivestOS.
Can u add the camera patch in the ROM instead because im sure many of us use gcam. And one more is it possible to replicate the google play sandbox like from GrapheneOS?

Top Liked Posts