[ROM] Doc's RomMod Froyo (XXJPK) 23/9/10

Search This thread

FlorianO

Sep 6, 2006
I am disappointed with sgs, so much potential and so poorly implemented by Samsung.

So, what kind of disappointment ? With the HW itself or only on the quality of the SW ?

Other than that, exactly the same here. However, my "bet" is that this is a major platform for Samsung (look of the amount of models they spun off it, the upcoming tablet, etc) in that, ultimately, they will be force to get it right.

Also, from what I've seen, the HW platform looks really solid -- which means that the potential is there and, if the pressure is on them to fix the SW (which I hope it will be, given the above) it will come through -- eventually.

So, I'm kind of happy that they are not rushing Froyo through the door...

Anyway, we'll see.

bidboy

Jun 16, 2010
Devon.
It's the i8910 saga all over again. Another phone with great hardware & lot's of potential, but let down by Samsung. :(

autracer

Jul 1, 2010
Bregenz
Update 29/9-10: i will change back to HTC Desire and will not update the sgs-roms in the future.
/Doc

My version of modded froyo stock rom.
Cred to a lot of great devs... and the XDA :)

Latest version is based on the XXJPK

3 versions: (all with stock graphics)

Full:
all stock, deoxed, zipaligned and rooted

Slim:
Lots of stuff removed (look in the system/app folder)
Deoxed, zipaligned and rooted

SuperSlim:
Almost all Samsung things removed, to my liking.
Deoxed, zipaligned and rooted
Added seguie default font
Multi-language swype added
Semi-functional recovery 2e (can flash update.zip without change of kernel, THANKS to LeshaK at samdroid)
Update: if you get lockup's when press "home": install the jobmanager update.zip in post no 2

How to install The Rom:

Place the rom as update.zip on the internal sd.
Start odin, put i9000_Kernel.tar in the pda
Flash, pull battery when flash finished
Enter recovery and flash update.zip.
Pull battery after flash finished and flash I9000XXJPK_KERNEL.tar.

How to install the Theme addon:

Rename the zip to update.zip and install with recovery.
Make sure you have 2e recovery installed
Update 29/9-10: i will change back to HTC Desire and will not update the sgs-roms in the future.
/Doc

BUHUUUUUUUUUU,
THX 4 Work, was great,

Brantyr

Jul 30, 2009
Adelaide
Well thanks for all the ROMs doc, really appreciated them! Can't blame you for switching back, if I had the cash i'd be dumping it on a Desire Z as soon as it became available, mainly because of the keyboard but there is still a lot of wasted potential in this phone and it's considerably less snappy than my brother's Nexus One though fingers crossed when they eventually get CM6.1 out for the Galaxy S I'll have no more complaints, it's taking them ages and there are no visible signs of progress though - it's a little bit frustrating!

compuse

Oct 21, 2008
holy crap, a custom rom developer who's finished with his sgs? frkn unbelievable!

Using the incredible and unofficial jpk rom without a fix of whatsoever, amazingly stable and way more amusing to hold in the hand than all the possible HTC devices available.

Shame that it's not working for you, but to me the stock roms from the legend and desire are a laugh, less polished than the smashung is directly out of the box.

faizalr

Oct 31, 2007
Jakarta
Hi Doc,
I just change to.your superslim but.now my account and sync only google. How can I add.another sync (Facebook, twitter)
Thanks Doc

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

sbktm

Sep 6, 2010
Hi - Please excuse the Noob'nes of my question

I flashed to JPK - great
I applied Super Slim - GREAT!!! (Love the work that has gone in to remove the bloatware and the speed is just incredible)
I applied the Theme pack (Love the standard Froyo lock)

But....My swype now says that is has expired?

It was working ok with just the JPK flashed to it following the steps here:

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=790686

But now no joy. I really enjoy these enhancements and if I could get Swype back, I feel my life would be complete :D

loonsave

Sep 3, 2010
same goes to me, my swype expired to day T_T

I'm using JPK + Super Slim + Theme pack, and the version of swype is 1.61.37.8128.t100

If i change the rom from Super Slim to Full, will i lost any data?

Last edited:

ceno808

Jun 13, 2009
I flashed to JPK - great
I applied Super Slim - GREAT!!! (Love the work that has gone in to remove the bloatware and the speed is just incredible)
I applied the Theme pack (Love the standard Froyo lock)

But....My swype now says that is has expired?

It was working ok with just the JPK flashed to it following the steps here:

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=790686

But now no joy. I really enjoy these enhancements and if I could get Swype back, I feel my life would be complete :D

Same here, how to get Swype back?

Try this:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=796702

or just flash this (http://www.mediafire.com/?8q6r7p5x6xblgfz) like here:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8426889&postcount=20

Last edited:

sbktm

Sep 6, 2010
Thanks for the info guys. Flashed with the update.zip. Worked a treat!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App